Soaking Tires?

you already have paid employees . so they have to work a little harder and stay a lil longer . and leave the lights on a lil longer . yes , yes i know that cuts into beer time . but , problem solved .

I like it Andre…but who pays for it???

[B][I]If you are talking about the tech man or men, it’s the race track responsability to have the necessary staff.

If you are talking about who’s paying for tires, if you are going there for speedweek, which is 9 nights of racing, you will need tires, whichever way you look at it, so buy them there, keep your old one for practices. Can also wait for night 2 and buy take off from others.

If you want a system that works, has to have trade off sometimes.

Those are just ideas.[/I][/B]

How nice of you to speak to every track employee and demand more of them while asking the track to discount your entry…come on man!! Think!!! This is a business!!!

discounting the grandstand prices is to draw more fans . better to have 1000 fans paying $ 5 bucks to get in than 50 paying $15 . = more money . a fair cheater free playing field equals more cars , better racing . = more fans, more cars = more money . EQUALS A MORE PRODUCTIVE BUISNESS .

[QUOTE=SeminoleWind;42449]New tires, soaked tires, track rental, double stacked toter homes, tire soaker trailers, $40,000 engines, $2000.00 shocks, $200.00 entry fees, chassis dyno time, shaker rigs, etc., etc., etc…For what? $1000.00 to win?
No wonder tracks can no longer attract large fields of late models anymore.[/QUOTE]

Preach on brother…If only we could make everyone understand.

Gotta give David Rogers props…really made me laugh at how David just knew…and he was able to laugh at the rookies…

Ricky(smiling)…“Your all wrong”

Young one(smiling)…“What does that mean?”

David Rogers (smiling)…“I know what that means…It means our shit’s on the trailer!”

lmao…that was good

I get it straight up, if NSS lowers their front gate to $5 then 1000 people will just walk up and want a ticket?.. And that will inspire racers to come…and the track will make a fortune that they should pay back to the racer.

Great business plan!

It’s 10 p.m. and practice is over?

Seriously? On a Tuesday night? Anyone in the grandstands?

tim , your just not listening . thats not what was said . twisting words around isnt the answer . reread what everyones saying . all good ideas for the betterment of shortrack racing . as a track employee we understand your position . time to shut this down before we have another tunaman incedent . lol !

gawd damn i don’t want another tuna man incedent…but really, everyone looks to the track to pull more fans in…wtf are they selling??? “come see straight up take on the best of the best in sportsman!!!” the fan wonders…who the fu#$ is straight up and why would I pay my money to go see him???

ok ill bite . what are you suggesting ? the racer do the tracks advertising ? how did this get from cutting costs and fair racing to this ? sounds like sarah palin speak to me . or maybe i need a few more beers . lol ! but anyhow , just tryin to give positive suggestions . no easy fixes here but we all want to help . didnt mean to ruffle your feathers ! you wont hear anymore from me . PERIOD .

No offense…but the gap will never be filled again. For track owners this is a business, for the local racers it’s a hobby. In years past, if you had a big slm race, you could count on Anderson, Trickle, Wallace, Riddley, Martin, Balough, Porter, Cope, Hanley, ect…because that’s how the racers lived and what they lived for…it’s just not the same any more…

none taken . life goes on . some stay in a rut , others move on . peace !

do you really think you can get 100% legal

because if it’s not the tires it 's some thing else you got to have just thAt little bit of edge .

money can’t buy you ever thing and they keep making stuff to put on your car to just get that little extra inch

show me a car that is 100 % PERFECT LEGAL

AND I’LL SHOW YOU A CAR RUNNING IN BACK AND IF YOU THROW AWAY THE RULES THEN YOU AIN’T GOT ENOUGH CARS TO RACE

IF THEY GOT AWAY WITH PUNCHING 38-39-40 TWO DAYS FROM NOW THEY WOULD BE 34-36

OK genius, tell us why it is different. Because if you can’t you’ve just explained why racing is in the state it is right now.

C’mon businessman…dazzle me.

Benny, if there was anyway to dazzle you, I’d be dazzleing everyone and fixing the whole situation.

First, take it from someone who has absolutely had an isolationistic (is that a word?) view towards racing in FL. Regardless how I felt about certain issues, I had to open my eyes to see what was the best thing for racing as a whole and change my opinions. When the ego’s are lowered the whole world opens up to possibilities.

When I’m wrong I’ll say I was wrong. On the spec motor issue I was wrong. The motors needed to be reeled back in and I believe they have found a combination that the FL racers feel that they can still compete with. So long as the rule doesn’t make the racers feel they need to go back to buying 35k motors to be competitive, my opinion will be that the right decision was made.

Tracks can’t seem to draw new fans through blanket advertiseing and paper promotions. Maybe a better way to put it is they spend $3k in advertising and if their lucky they see and addition $3k come through the front gate. Me personally, I would rather pay drivers to go out into the community and advertise themselves racing than I would pay money to radio or tv stations. Would it work? I don’t know, but it’s different and it keeps the money circulating between the racers and the track.

Look around most tracks at the billboards, most of the racers are also the track sponsors. There are outside sponsorships too, I am just giving credit to the racers that go beyond racing itself, to help their track. The downside is it does create the perception of favortism.

Short tracks and racers have to find new money. The only place I see new money is to fill the empty seats. Tracks and racers need to work together to accomplish this. Do I think a racer should, at his own expense advertise for the track. Hell no! And I don’t think that the track should expect them to. Work it out! It benefits both because a packed house means tracks can finally consider better payouts, facility inprovements, bigger races, ect and it creates greater value in sponsorship money for billboards and race cars.

I have said this before, as a promoter I can stand in front of Wal Mart on a Saturday morning and hand out free tickets to everyone that walks out. I will get 1 out of every 10 back at the front gate that night. A racer can do it the next weekend, and I will get back 8 out of every 10 that they hand out that night. Racers are the best promoters their are.

Just a couple of my opinions…

Tires

Open tire rule should be the only way to go for dirt and asphalt.

Come on lets save some money for these drivers, tire prep is outrageous …

OPEN tire rule would svae so much head ach on all leavels: Officials,tracks, car owners,and drivers after all they are the ones spending all the money and putting on ALL the great shows not the tracks or the tire dealers…!!!

While an open tire rule makes it to where anyone can show up to a track and run what they brung on the car…the ones with money take advantage of the situation and bring $300 tires nobody can compete with or obtain the day of the race. When there was an open rule, that’s what killed it the last time.

[QUOTE=CHEWS 23 GIRL;42529]Open tire rule should be the only way to go for dirt and asphalt.

Come on lets save some money for these drivers, tire prep is outrageous …

OPEN tire rule would svae so much head ach on all leavels: Officials,tracks, car owners,and drivers after all they are the ones spending all the money and putting on ALL the great shows not the tracks or the tire dealers…!!![/QUOTE]

As Tim said, the problem then becomes the guys with the cash just go out and buy the softest gumballs they can, and then when they burn them off in a 20 lap feature, just write another check and load the hauler up with more for next week. In addition, I doubt that would stop anyone from soaking at all, even when they can run any tire, a racer is always going to look for the advantage over the other guy.

Tim, your a good sport. Let’s keep this debate going. I want to be dazzled because there is a fix to this situation. The racing has been monopolized by big money and the tracks want first and foremost to make a profit. I have a number of solutions but I’ll leave this as it is and reply later.