Soaking Tires?

Thanks Benny, would love to hear more ideas.

Again??
Jeff Choquette and Tim Russell both have been DQ’d tonight according to Speed 51. I think that makes it three times in the last couple of months for Choquette beginning with the World Crown 300. That is out of control.

thats what happens when y

exactly!!!

well said!! Not the total answer but its the track owner that has allowed all of this get out of hand, allowing only the big money people the opportunity to be productive every night. They have become a tire and gas store to a large degree. As far as track rental to cup teams, thats great, i hear the track makes good money, as well as some of the employees when the cup tems come, thats great, BUT until the tracks bite the bullett and for a few things, Make tech fair and equal, or I should say ALLOW it to be, Stop all this testing, and what about a tire rule, its done in the North and the car count and fan count is FAR better. Its the tracks and the tracks only that can put a stop to all the rich Daddys that want to push their kids thru say for example the truck series and be gone in a couple yrs. When everyone has an equal opportunity the car count WILL increase, FAN count WILL increase which will increase profit, in the end. May take a yr or two before it REALLY pays off but I guarantee give the small guy a chance and they will return. I have a business too. I’m barely making it, just like most honest business owners will admit, but know what? I’m selling services as cheap or cheaper than 5 yrs ago, 1/2 a cup is lots better than an empty cup. Lose a customer and he’s probably gone for ever. The same is true for the track owners. Increasing entry fees, grand stand fees , especially now is NOT the answer. $35 pit pass, I doubt it! i havent been all yr, for this very reason, its crazy.

Well said, yourself, Tunaman!

$5

[QUOTE=Tim;42502]I get it straight up, if NSS lowers their front gate to $5 then 1000 people will just walk up and want a ticket?.. And that will inspire racers to come…and the track will make a fortune that they should pay back to the racer.

Great business plan![/QUOTE]
Yes Tim, in time thats exactly what will happen. In time!! Never will the way it is now.

I get it straight up, if NSS lowers their front gate to $5 then 1000 people will just walk up and want a ticket?..

Regular catholic churches are free to get in and I don’t see that many overflowing with people either, but on the other hand, you see every day big entertaining events, Super Bowl, NHL, WrestleMania, Cirque du Soleil, many top name pop stars and rock bands, fill up stadiums at high ticket prices. Why??? This what people wants to see. So, before you do all the advertizing gimmicks in the book, you have to have an entertaining show that people are willing to drive to, and pay for to watch.

another incident?

Tim you won’t have another incident with me, as long as you stop your swearing and yelling at me! Continue and you will!! You don’t agree with me, or hardly anyone else, I dont agree with you about a lot of things, No problem, I dont care but I AM entitled to my opinion, and you yours so lets stop the wtf, &%%%@*&$! and all the other childish stuff o’k? I haven’t done it to you and you WILL NOT to me! Oh, I forgot, as far as straight up goes, (I do not know him), he also is entitled to his opinion.

which is it

[QUOTE=DeMan951;42566]Again??
Jeff Choquette and Tim Russell both have been DQ’d tonight according to Speed 51. I think that makes it three times in the last couple of months for Choquette beginning with the World Crown 300. That is out of control.[/QUOTE]
What is out of control, the cheating or the fact they got caught. I happen to be a fan of both of them, but if they are cheating they SHOULD be D.Q’D. What are the rules for?? I say good job tech, that is if they were illegal!!

The cheating is out of control. The tech man is simply doing his job and if the numbers are lower than what allowed he has no choice but to DQ them. I like both and think they are both very talented but I can not understand why they would want to tarnish their own names so much. They have to know that from now on every track they race at people will be wondering if they are legal or not even if they pass tech. I would also expect the tech officials to be more vigilant once they see them roll up after the race.

[I]show me a car that is 100 % PERFECT LEGAL

AND I’LL SHOW YOU A CAR RUNNING IN BACK AND IF YOU THROW AWAY THE RULES THEN YOU AIN’T GOT ENOUGH CARS TO RACE[/I]

so what’s your point, Ron? are you saying you think it’s a conundrum?

Conundrum…I think that’s what me and Tuna have. And yes I did have to look it up. lol Tuna, you took sarcasm and an analogy entirely wrong.

Continue and you will!!

That’s funny sh!t right there. lol

Re: cheating

well said DeMan!!