Anybody know?

Anything new about Hendry County Speedway?
Website has’nt been updated since Feb. :confused:

up dates

K.K. doesn’t care. so you can pretty much kiss track good by after this year.

I have been to the last two shows, and they both have been very poorly attended and run. They were an hour late getting the show started this week, and if that wasn’t bad enough, they took an hour intermission. Two of the features took at least 45 minutes to run, couldnt get the cars lined up. Then they waited at least 10 minutes, so the track favorite could go to the pits and pull his bumper off. It is really sad to watch this track slowly kill itself again. I would say there might have been a total of 40 people on the spectator side. Ken better make some drastic changes soon, if it’s not too late already!!

It don’t make no since…

Why anybody would take the time to fight tooth and nail and pump all kinds of money into the place only to NOT GIVE A RATS A$$ ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS TO IT!!

One would think that with ALL the complaints and miscommunications that do take place everytime the gates are open, the person who IS and SHOULD be in charge, does not have the stones to look the problems in the face and make some desperatly needed changes.

Sure wish I had the money to buy that place. It could still be a nice track.

Thank you guys for posting what you did, but it’s the same damn crap I’ve been hearing. I kind of wanted to read some more positive things but what I did read really don’t suprise me.:mad:

Danny get you a part time job so you can come to PGS, formally known as CCMP, The racing is gonna be good. We have new owners that give a rats A$$ about what happens. Hope to see you soon. Bob…

yeppers!

Danny… Punta Gorda Speedway is only going to cost $10 at the front gate. Come on down and enjoy the new PGS! Opening May 29th!
carol aka OZ

$8 for Danny, he’s an old fart like me. BOBERT…

Bobert…

who are ya kiddin? NO ONE on this earth is older than you! except maybe me! roflllllllll Quit pickin on Dano… old people are sensitive!
:wink:
Wixy :grinser010:

I honestly think Ken cares about the track, you would hope he would, since he has a lot of money and time vested in the place. His biggest down fall, in my opinion, he has trusted the daily operations to the wrong people. The track prep each week is horrible. The flagman is probably the worst I have seen. Intermission always takes way too long. They will run 5 classes and the races are never over before 11:30 and they are suppose to start at 7:00. Ken has done a great job getting some big shows, the problem is, he will have a great crowd for these shows, and all the things I have already mentioned happens, and no one comes back again. He really needs to evaluate his personel running the show, and make some drastic changes before it is too late.

It wasn’t that bad

I was there and yes, they had some problems, but in my opinion it wasn’t that bad. I can see some things that really need to change though and somethings that are the same at other tracks:

1. The price for the stands ridiculous, $15 to get in the stands.

2. The time wasted for lining up the last 4 or 5 cars when there are more then 20 cars again ridiculous. They have radios and they have people around the track but no one is doing anything. I have seen the same thing at Punta Gorda and a number of other tracks so this is not only their problem. They just took longer to do it.

3. It’s dirt, not the good dirt the other tracks use, but some kind of crap Florida dirt that the commisioners made them use and it is not easy to work with so the prep on it is a pain in the ass. I would say the track stayed pretty good all night and was not too dusty, but it took a long time to get it all worked in.

4. Car counts should determine the race length, I did not stick around for the 2 car mini stock race so no idea how long they ran them, but when they had 3 or 4 cars they ran 15 laps or so it seemed as they do not have a score board so we never knew what lap it was on.

5. As for the long break, it give people time to get food or a drink and I have seen other tracks take longer, they called it an autograph session or some other time waster they would throw out there and take over an hour even when they had a curfew.

I would like to see the track continue on. I was not the best show on earth, but it wasn’t the worse. I have seen the same small crowds and cars at Orlando a few weeks before. They ran the show better but it made no difference as it had the same lack of interest. I would probably go back again as there is nothing closer.

I heard the person who was doing the web page was one of the karnac people and they where not able to pay him so they stopped updating the page. It is a nice track and when you live in the Miami area, it is the closest track, it gets too damn expensive to go to CCMP and other tracks every week or even every other week.

Just my observations…

Andrew try PGS, formally CCMP, the stands are going to be $10 adults and $8 for seniors. We have new owners and things are changing. Bob…

[QUOTE=helper;45697]I was there and yes, they had some problems, but in my opinion it wasn’t that bad. I can see some things that really need to change though and somethings that are the same at other tracks:

1. The price for the stands ridiculous, $15 to get in the stands.

2. The time wasted for lining up the last 4 or 5 cars when there are more then 20 cars again ridiculous. They have radios and they have people around the track but no one is doing anything. I have seen the same thing at Punta Gorda and a number of other tracks so this is not only their problem. They just took longer to do it.

3. It’s dirt, not the good dirt the other tracks use, but some kind of crap Florida dirt that the commisioners made them use and it is not easy to work with so the prep on it is a pain in the ass. I would say the track stayed pretty good all night and was not too dusty, but it took a long time to get it all worked in.

4. Car counts should determine the race length, I did not stick around for the 2 car mini stock race so no idea how long they ran them, but when they had 3 or 4 cars they ran 15 laps or so it seemed as they do not have a score board so we never knew what lap it was on.

5. As for the long break, it give people time to get food or a drink and I have seen other tracks take longer, they called it an autograph session or some other time waster they would throw out there and take over an hour even when they had a curfew.

I would like to see the track continue on. I was not the best show on earth, but it wasn’t the worse. I have seen the same small crowds and cars at Orlando a few weeks before. They ran the show better but it made no difference as it had the same lack of interest. I would probably go back again as there is nothing closer.

I heard the person who was doing the web page was one of the karnac people and they where not able to pay him so they stopped updating the page. It is a nice track and when you live in the Miami area, it is the closest track, it gets too damn expensive to go to CCMP and other tracks every week or even every other week.

Just my observations…[/QUOTE]

O.K. Wixy and Bobert…I resemble those remarks.

I’m gonna try my darndest to get up there on the 29th.
If these new owners are true to thier word and everything goes as they plan, then Punta Gorda Speedway ought to make short track racing news all across the country. Everything I read or hear is an up and up positive attitude about the track and the owners.
Lets all support any local short track no matter where your at!!

And helper…you bring up a lot of good points as far as the something needing to be done. But if you are still doing the same things that are running the people off, should’nt you do something else?
I was a big part of that track up until about two years ago. I saw alot of what could have, and should have, been done. But nothing ever was.
And some of those things are STILL not being done.
How can anyone expect a business to be run like a business when you don’t trust anyone?
Someone there needs to grow some serious sized stones and stand up and make some changes for the better.
That poor little track deserves a better reputation than what it has. It’s been there over thirty years.