Did anyone catch KB's interview

I just can’t see how a company can sponsor this guy. His mouth clearly over rides any talent that he has. Its one thing to be a smart ass but its another to be completely disrespectful.

Not this interview, right?

Ed, are you talking about when he tells the interviewer he was trying to wreck himself? :slight_smile:

Man if he could control his interviews I could pull for the kid, but until then I’ll pull for the drivers that can.

I know everyone can say stuff like that once and awhile but he does it all the time.

Candyman

The kid can drive a race car and he got a lot better on his interviews since last year. If you listened to the start of the interview, all I can say is he probably felt a stupid answer is what a stupid question deserved. Looked to me that Montoya came down off the wall for one reason only, and he did exactly what he wanted to do and then a guy ask him did you turn infront of the 42 just to wreck yourself. Like I said he just answered a stupid question with a stupid answer…

you are exactly right!!

I wont say why so many hate him, don’t want to start another war!!! LOL Its like he said, the side draft did it. Its like when he bowed everytime he won a couple yrs back, anyone that got fired from a team and then came back and did FAR better than his replacement would of done the same thing. He’s human and anything short of winning is not good enough for him. You have to agree, lots more interesting than, “car was good all day, just a tick off on the 3rd set of tires. Proud of the boys back at the shop, they’ve worked soo hard. We screwed up a little on pit road, wish we could get over this bad luck” , gotta go get em next week" THAT is why a company sponsors him, air time, he gets a lot, good or bad.

Yes thats the interview. It doesn’t matter how stupid the question, he should still be a professional and not disrespectful or a smart ass. Like Larry McMillian said, “once he got being over a smart but he gave a pretty good description.”

When he started the interview, I thought it was going to be just a smart ass answer and it started that way. When the “stupid question” was asked, he gave a stupid answer and then he explained the side draft. I consider myself a knowledgeable race fan but I couldn’t figure out why either driver did what they did. When he finally gave the side draft explanation, it all made sense to me. I think the side draft brought both drivers toward each other. There’s no other reasonable answer for that. If he’d just explained it that way to begin with, it would have been so much better. He needs to realize that most “fans” don’t know why things happen the way they do. There’s no doubt that he’s a hell of a driver. Now he just needs to work some more on the PR aspect. But, I hope he never becomes just another vanilla interview. LOL

Myself, I’m mad at Ragen and Hornish. Once again each wrecked by himself like they usually do, they’re hopeless.

I think the side draft brought both drivers toward each other.

no. Montoya chased him from the wall almost to the bottom of the track trying to side draft him.

which was dumb. all Juan had to do was wait til the first couple of leaders got past him and then fall in line. then he’d have probably passed them right back in the next corner or two. screwing with the leader as he’s putting you a lap down is not a good way to make friends. and all the leaders were going to pit within the next three laps anyways, so if Juan had had a little patience he’d have been right back where he belonged even if he didn’t manage to unlap himself.

that was way too early in the race to be doing things like that.

he should still be a professional and not disrespectful or a smart ass.

so sad to hear that you don’t like me anymore. :frowning:

kb

the interviewer started out being a smart a$$ .that fired kyle off . i like the young man . every one has a fault . except him as he is.

ANd…

Kyle Petty said he didnt blame him.

i didnt say…

[QUOTE=Todd McCreary;47310]I think the side draft brought both drivers toward each other.

no. Montoya chased him from the wall almost to the bottom of the track trying to side draft him.

which was dumb. all Juan had to do was wait til the first couple of leaders got past him and then fall in line. then he’d have probably passed them right back in the next corner or two. screwing with the leader as he’s putting you a lap down is not a good way to make friends. and all the leaders were going to pit within the next three laps anyways, so if Juan had had a little patience he’d have been right back where he belonged even if he didn’t manage to unlap himself.

that was way too early in the race to be doing things like that.

he should still be a professional and not disrespectful or a smart ass.

so sad to hear that you don’t like me anymore. :([/QUOTE] I didnt say Montoya or Bush did anything wrong or right. I simply said it was CAUSED by the turbulance caused by 2 cars being so close at the speeds they are running at Daytona. I agree, Montoya should not of dropped down so close, did he do it intentionally, we will never know. But here we go again, getting away from the point. Yes, a dumb answer but to a dumb question. Why would an anbouncer ask such a stupid question? Why, he knew he would get a wise comment back. As to your last comment, Agnes said to STOP IT!! I refuse to answer your wise cracks anymore

Smart ass or not, KB is supposed to be a professional. I would say the same thing if ANY driver acted that way. Its one thing to be charismatic but its another to be a complete douche bag. I respect his ability but I cannot accept him in any shape or form. Do you know how Tuna feels about Boneman, thats about the same way I feel about KB. I think its just his demeanor.

I know the interviewer didn’t ask the question the way it should have been asked but it doesn’t matter.

Did you happen to see the Jamie McMurry interview? I am not a fan but the guy showed a lot of class.

Todds comment was just a joke for everyones enjoyment . Not directed at anyone , or about anyone . no reason to take offense . you should take the time to reread the words until you understand the true meaning of the comment before getting offended . if you had taken the time to reread his comment , you would have realized he was making a joke about HIMSELF !

I didnt say Montoya or Bush did anything wrong or right.

LISTEN, DOUCHENBERRY.

i was quoting and replying to WINGER. i did NOT quote OR comment on anything you said.

this typifies every exchange that anybody has with you. you have no idea what’s going on, so you just assume everything is a personal insult.

As to your last comment, Agnes said to STOP IT!

actually, Anges said he was going to delete any more of this that went on.

considering that you’ve restarted this
, i eagerly await his deleting of all your posts. :sport009:

ps - your wife’s skirt isn’t big enough? now you’ve got to hide behind Rick “Agnes’” skirt? why am i not surprised.

Smart ass or not, the reporter is supposed to be a professional.

there, fixed that for you.

i seem to remember Tony going off on a few stupid questions? and Bobby Knight was always fantastic for putting an idiot with a press pass in his place.

remember, marketing may be a large part of the modern Cup deal but driving ability is still supposed to be the primary attribute that drivers are hired for.

members of the press go to J-school and don’t have any other purpose besides being “professional” in their reporting duties. you can’t hold a driver accountable for “failing” to be professional and at the same time give the reporter a pass.

the reporter’s failure was the more serious breach of professional responsibility.

rick needs to put an end to this . i am tired of seeing this guy start crap with everyone over misunderstanding the english language which he obviously doesnt understand . or possibly he is just doing it on purpose . i really enjoy this forum but if this continues any longer there wont be anyone left . rick just needs to ban him and let us enjoy our forum .

Are you kidding straight up? This board was dead until he started making the statements he did and using the language he did. I’ll bet he’s responsible for 75% of the traffic on this board. Part of mankind’s morbid curiosity kept us coming back to see the train wreck. It didn’t crash. I was amazed that he could say and do what he did with no repercussions. If his name had been Osmosis, Frasson, OSR or others; he would have been banned long ago. LOL I actually thought this was the alter ego of one of our regular posters just trying to get some excitement on this board. Upon hearing that he and Boneman had a personal meeting where they both breathed the same air, I guess I was incorrect.

I’m proud to be a Boneman fan.

I’m saving up some special air for the next time I see him at NSS. “Here tuna, pull my finger”.

Boneman,

You are darn funny !

I laughed so loud my wife came into the room see what was going on.