New Website up!

Fabienne did an awesome job of putting together the new more user friendly site! DESOTOSUPERSPEEDWAY.COM

Don’t forget tonite…

Fantastic work, Fabienne. That has to be one of the most impressive speedway websites I’ve ever seen.

Wow looks great! I like the picture on the main page!

If I may offer some constructive criticism, building the website in the free Wix platform (which is Flash based) is not the greatest of ideas and here’s why - I wanted to look up the website to see what time the races start Saturday night and how much admission is and I went to Google and typed in “Desoto Speedway” and the website doesn’t come up anywhere in the results and I looked through five pages worth of results.

I would imagine the vast majority of people would also do the same thing. You might want to think about switching to a different platform (that’s not 100% Flash based) because right now your website isn’t being indexed by Google, which I would think is a major problem since the vast majority of the free world uses it to look stuff up.

Just trying to help… :huepfen024:

Another problem with the “new” DeSoto website

[QUOTE=JackTripper;50355]If I may offer some constructive criticism, building the website in the free Wix platform (which is Flash based) is not the greatest of ideas and here’s why - I wanted to look up the website to see what time the races start Saturday night and how much admission is and I went to Google and typed in “Desoto Speedway” and the website doesn’t come up anywhere in the results and I looked through five pages worth of results.

I would imagine the vast majority of people would also do the same thing. You might want to think about switching to a different platform (that’s not 100% Flash based) because right now your website isn’t being indexed by Google, which I would think is a major problem since the vast majority of the free world uses it to look stuff up.

Just trying to help… :huepfen024:[/QUOTE]

Another problem with the “new” DeSoto website is that it can’t be accessed by an older computer. I just get an error message that I need to update my flash player. I don’t know much about computer stuff but here’s what my computer guru says.

She says that my puter cannot be updated to anything newer than W98SE and IE6. And other stuff like flash player and so on can’t be updated to newer versions. The obvious answer would be a newer puter but I really have no other need to go to anything newer. My puter works with every other race track website and basic racing website. Hundreds of them. The DeSoto website is really the oddball that doesn’t work for me. I know and expect that my old puter won’t work well or at all on more high tech stuff like youtube video for example.

My computer guru does the website for a small business. She can look at the stats of what people are using to go to that website. She says that she is surprised by how many people are still using W98SE, and that any website that would use the setup that DeSoto is using would lose visits. That’s because there are many people like me who just use their old puter for basic stuff and won’t get a newer puter until their old one blows up. LOL

By the way, this topic is a year old. The ad in the opening post is from a year ago. Had saved the topic and just hadn’t replied until now. It’s been a year since I’ve been able to see the DeSoto website and I’m starting to miss it!

Try using a different browser like Opera or Firefox. How old is your machine and what version of windows are you using?

Another problem with anything Flash based is that it is not visible with iPhones, iPads and other “tablets” and unfortunately those are growing rapidly in popularity… I am having the same issue with the Headers on the FASCAR sites since those are Flash based.