New Press Release from Owners meeting

As stated in my first release (More details to follow)

As of Today October 20, 2010, Rex Guy, John Sarppraicone, Robert Hart, and Don Cretty are announcing that these tracks are working together for the 2011 race season. The tracks included are Auburndale, Desoto, Citrus, Lake City, Orlando, and New Smyrna.

To start we will be running a 12 race Late Model Series.

We are also looking into putting together a Truck as well as an Open wheel Modifed Series.

TIRES:
We will all be on HOOSIER TIRES for the 2011 season.

There will be more details to come as the details are finalized between these tracks.

We are all looking forward to making the 2011 season better for all drivers and tracks.

This is wonderful news ! I must admit that I am surprised and very pleased that these tracks are all running the same tire.

Bravo:huepfen024::huepfen024::huepfen024:
Good job
Don62

slicks for the mods or the junk they are running now?

23ny,

How about 10" slicks for the mods ? We ain’t scared are we ?

So is it going to be super lates or latemodels

Congrates to the owners,
there is a light at the end of the tunnel
but for now lets start at the beginning

I know this will be a big change for Auburndale since they have been racing on American Racers, but for the 3 FASCAR tracks, they have been on Hoosier tires for a while. What tires did Citrus and Desoto use? Are the tracks going to be using the treaded/grooved or slicks next season?

[I]To start we will be running a 7 race Late Model Series.

We are also looking into putting together a Truck as well as an Open wheel Modifed Series.

There will be more details to come as the details are finalized between these tracks.[/I]

Before we all start cheering too loudly (we)? who is we and who is going to run these (series)?

There seems to be a lot more questions than answers. Please excuse me if I am skeptical and have heard this all before. Do we really expect all these tracks to get along?

Let me put this out there - for the late models, how is this better than the FAST series?

Good bye fast series.

No lets go with 10 in tires that would be great!!!

Dont write FAST ofso quick they said 7 races apx 1 each that leaves plenty of dates for FAST. This is good for SLM racing in FL. there is 50 cars and they are not going to all go the same races. If they can make the rules close it is good for the tracks and fans.

and ill say it agin
give me the 20 best cars .
Now u can sell tickets to the best race
(keep track of how many on the lead lap)
Don62
118?

Just to clarify… this series will be 12 races, two at each track, not 7… Rex told me that this morning…

Update!

Wednesday, October 20th, 2010, 11:45 AM

This post is to provide updated information regarding the

The announcement of the upcoming newly formed multitrack races scheduled for 2011. These races have been created to improve the reputation of florida late model racing as a whole. This is a cooperative collaboration to establish a credible arena for top late model racers to participate without the concerns and skepticisms of recent efforts. By utilizing this cooperative collaboration a standard can be set for rules, tires, payouts, among the tracks thus creating a more favorable outcome. Judgement calls and other on and off track issues will not be effected by biased opinions or outcome which could be skewed by any one entity which may benefit. In summary, there will not be one specific private entity which could benefit financially or otherwise by making a biased or discriminatory decision which effects the final outcome. The racers should appreciate the fact that an undisputed Florida State Champion can be named by the cooperative collaboration of tracks rather than a couple of people making this judgement call.

SLM
LLM
Crate LM

Facts:
There will be no membership fees, only entry fees which will be set the same for all tracks
Rules, Tires, Entry Fees and Payouts will all be the same.

Stay tuned for continual updates as all of the logistics are formulated.

Update! Track Owners Meeting!!

Wednesday, October 20th, 2010, 11:45 AM

The announcement of the upcoming newly, formed multitrack races scheduled for 2011 are an attempt to improve the outlook of late model racing in the State of Florida. These races have been created to reestablish the credibility of Florida Late Model racing as a whole. This is a cooperative collaboration to establish an arena for top late model racers to participate without the concerns and skepticisms of racers and fans alike. By utilizing this cooperative collaboration a standard can be set for rules, tires, payouts, among the tracks thus creating a more favorable outcome. Judgement calls and other on & off track issues will not be affected by biased opinions or an outcome which could be skewed by any one entity which may benefit. In summary, there will not be one specific private entity which could benefit financially or otherwise by making a biased or discriminatory decision which effects the final outcome. The racers should appreciate the fact that an undisputed Florida State Champion can be named by the cooperative collaboration of tracks rather than a couple of people making these decisions.

Combined rule package will accomodate the following:
SLM
LLM
Crate LM

Facts:There will be no membership fees, only entry fees which will be set the same for all tracks.
Hoosier F45 is the selected tire.
A guaranteed, minimum points fund will be disclosed prior to the season start.
$100 Entry Fee
12 Races - 2 at each track
Auburndale
Bradenton
Citrus
Lake City
Orlando
New Smyrna

Stay tuned for updates! Be assured everyone involved is working diligently.

[QUOTE=cfontfan;52947]Wednesday, October 20th, 2010, 11:45 AM

The announcement of the upcoming newly, formed multitrack races scheduled for 2011 are an attempt to improve the outlook of late model racing in the State of Florida. These races have been created to reestablish the credibility of Florida Late Model racing as a whole. This is a cooperative collaboration to establish an arena for top late model racers to participate without the concerns and skepticisms of racers and fans alike. By utilizing this cooperative collaboration a standard can be set for rules, tires, payouts, among the tracks thus creating a more favorable outcome. Judgement calls and other on & off track issues will not be affected by biased opinions or an outcome which could be skewed by any one entity which may benefit. In summary, there will not be one specific private entity which could benefit financially or otherwise by making a biased or discriminatory decision which effects the final outcome. The racers should appreciate the fact that an undisputed Florida State Champion can be named by the cooperative collaboration of tracks rather than a couple of people making these decisions.

Combined rule package will accomodate the following:
SLM
LLM
Crate LM

Facts:There will be no membership fees, only entry fees which will be set the same for all tracks.
Hoosier F45 is the selected tire.
A guaranteed, minimum points fund will be disclosed prior to the season start.
$100 Entry Fee
12 Races - 2 at each track
Auburndale
Bradenton
Citrus
Lake City
Orlando
New Smyrna

Stay tuned for updates! Be assured everyone involved is working diligently.[/QUOTE]

BRADENTON? which track is that? Who are the race officals and who is tech? Needs to be this way and NOT each track running the race that weekend.

[QUOTE=Carol Andrews;52818]As stated in my first release (More details to follow)

As of Today October 20, 2010, Rex Guy, John Sarppraicone, Robert Hart, and Don Cretty are announcing that these tracks are working together for the 2011 race season. The tracks included are Auburndale, Desoto, Citrus, Lake City, Orlando, and New Smyrna.

To start we will be running a 12 race Late Model Series.

TIRES:
We will all be on HOOSIER TIRES for the 2011 season.

There will be more details to come as the details are finalized between these tracks.

We are all looking forward to making the 2011 season better for all drivers and tracks.[/QUOTE]

Isn’t Charlotte going to be in the mix?

Charlotte seems to already know all the answers… they don’t need anyone else’s cooperation.

Always gotta be one hold-out from the group.

Overall, I think this could be very good for LM racing in Florida… lord knows it needs plenty of help right now. The FAST Series has been a good one, that I have supported at most of their shows this year. The problem there seems to be getting participation from some of the cream-of-the-crop racers (for various reasons… some personal, some political), but for a first year series, I thought they did a damn fine job. I don’t think it helped them though, that the series champ, driving the best equipment, and winner of most of the races, is also a founding member of this group.

I hope this new alliance doesn’t run them out, but at the same time, there are a LOT of good racers that didn’t follow that group either. Hopefully, between the 2 groups, we will see large fields of quality cars & drivers next year.