NSS Steps up

I would like to be the first to give a tip of the cap to Robert Hart and NSS for greatly increasing the payouts for 2011. Everyone has been saying that if the track increased the purses it would bring cars back…He did his part, lets hope the cars show up and we can get back to good fields and good racing.

The below listed purse for the Modifieds is greatly increased huh?

50 lap feature and finish 10th gets you 50 bucks… Really!.. Pathetic…

Go Luck drawing cars, other than little rich kids with mommy and daddy…

2011 Modifieds / Sportsman
Pos. Standard Feature 50 Lap Feature

1. $400.00 $1,000.00
  2. $250.00 $600.00
  3. $175.00 $400.00
  4. $125.00 $300.00
  5. $100.00 $200.00
  6. $75.00 $150.00
  7. $60.00 $125.00
  8. $50.00 $100.00
  9. $50.00 $75.00
  10. $50.00 $50.00
  11. $50.00 $50.00
  12. $50.00 $50.00
  13. $50.00 $50.00
  14. $50.00 $50.00
    15.+ $50.00 $50.00

Eagletai you are an idiot. You must have no idea what the payout’s were for last year. This is a huge improvement, and get’s Fascars payout in line with every other track in the state. Thank you Fascar and Robert for stepping up and increasing the purse to try to help stimulate car count. This should help draw some more cars, and get some that are just sitting back to the track. I am trying to put together my 2011 schedule right now and now I will be adding several Friday, Saturday show’s.

Thanks for getting the schedule, purse, and the rules out before we even roll over to 2011. Great step forward for the racers that are on the fence about where to race in 2011.

Thanks Patrick Thomas 25

[QUOTE=Patrick Thomas 25;58587]Eagletai you are an idiot. You must have no idea what the payout’s were for last year. This is a huge improvement, and get’s Fascars payout in line with every other track in the state. Thank you Fascar and Robert for stepping up and increasing the purse to try to help stimulate car count. This should help draw some more cars, and get some that are just sitting back to the track. I am trying to put together my 2011 schedule right now and now I will be adding several Friday, Saturday show’s.

Thanks for getting the schedule, purse, and the rules out before we even roll over to 2011. Great step forward for the racers that are on the fence about where to race in 2011.[/QUOTE]

Ditto Patrick…including the reference to Eagletai…:huepfen024:
-JIM-

Eagletai…most people don’t race for 10th…

I would like to add my appreciation and support for the Hart family and NSS for stepping up in this tough economy to increase the purses when lots of businesses are cutting expenditures. I commend them not only for this, but what they have meant to pavement short track racing in Florida for over 40 years. When lots of other tracks have come and gone, or changed ownership numerous times, they have weathered the storms. Thanks for being a part of what racing means to me!

I’m jumping on the bandwagon to offer a pat on the back to the Harts for their unflagging support of Florida racing.

In the big picture it does not matter if we agree or disagree on their style of racing management. Those details would not matter at all if we didn’t have three fine tracks to race at. As it is, we don’t have to worry if the gates will be open and the lights will be on when we want to go racing. They always are, in good times and in bad.

I’ve seen the “club ownership” approach to speedway management, and have been through stressful years filled with turmoil and conflict. This stuff occured BEFORE the gates opened. Trust me on this; as racers and fans we are better off with a benevolent dictator like Mr. Hart, who also has the means to support the tracks when business is bad.

I hope that everyone who calls or writes to FASCAR to complain about something during the year (its a long list), will also thank Robert Hart, sincerely and in person, for keeping us on our choice of speedways year after year.

Does this also include OSW?

I think it does include Orlando, as the rules are the same for both tracks. NSS is taking steps in the right direction for sure. It is a proven fact that if you put up the money, the cars will come.

2011 Purse/Payouts is for both Orlando Speedworld and New Smyrna Speedway.

Open Practice

There are a lot of open practice nights at NSS but none at OSW. Is there a reason for this? I did see about leasing the track for practice but can’t afford it.

Hey Mark, while NSS is in an improvement phase, How about you come up with a new LOGO for NSS. when I was on the speed 51 Snowball coverage the NSS logo was sitting there staring at me and I came to the conclusion it is a bit outdated…something similar to your company logo would look nice…

[QUOTE=Patrick Thomas 25;58587]Eagletai you are an idiot. You must have no idea what the payout’s were for last year. This is a huge improvement, and get’s Fascars payout in line with every other track in the state. Thank you Fascar and Robert for stepping up and increasing the purse to try to help stimulate car count. This should help draw some more cars, and get some that are just sitting back to the track. I am trying to put together my 2011 schedule right now and now I will be adding several Friday, Saturday show’s.

Thanks for getting the schedule, purse, and the rules out before we even roll over to 2011. Great step forward for the racers that are on the fence about where to race in 2011.

Thanks Patrick Thomas 25[/QUOTE]

$400 for 1st place? Hell the track sold him $600 worth of tires and gas!!

If you read the payout properly, I believe that $400.00 is for a standard night which is 25 laps. The way I read this is it will pay $1000.00 on a 50 lap race which is much much better than before. Our normal 25 lap purse was $250.00 to win. this alot better. I don’t know about every one else ,but you can not expect to get back everything you put out for a night of fun. Thats why this is called a hobby by most of us. Yes you would like to be able to buy your groceries every week from what you make at the track but it does not always work that way. The most you can hope for is to come close to braking even and that is the way it is. :ernaehrung004:

Hey Tunafish,

The tires will last us 4 to 6 races and I run my crate motor car on 93 octane pump gas. So if you don’t think doubling the purse will help bring cars out, you are an idiot also. Good job Fascar thanks for listening to the driver’s and the owner’s and stepping up for the good of the racer.

Patrick Thomas 25

$400 for 1st place? Hell the track sold him $600 worth of tires and gas!!

Somehow, I knew this disgruntled jackass would weigh in.

tuna smells funky

YOU ARE A NEGATIVE A$$ HOLE. BUT HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU AND MAYBE YOU CAN GET OVER YOUR ISSUES WITH MOSTLY EVERYBODY. LETS PRAY:engel016:

ORLANDO SPEEDWORLD PRACTICE NIGHTS - As of right now, Orlando Speedworld will be holding Open Practices every Wednesday beginning Wednesday March 16, 2011.

To the best of my knowledge, practice will be from 6-10pm with Pit Gates opening at 5pm. Cost will be $10/person.

Thanks Mark!!!

Yes, I know the $400 is for a standard race. I still say if you WIN any race, you at least should break even. I don’t remember saying anything about groceries. Everyone says right now the track owner, business owner has to invest in the future. That is why I’m doing jobs cheaper than I was in 06, and I was the low price leader then!! Several of my competion have gone under, I’m still here. Not doing as good as I once was but investing $150 to win (5 entrance fees) isn’t going to make a big differance. The biggest reason people are giving me for not racing is the cost of tires and inconsintancy in tech. Note I didn’t say always its intentional, but it IS there. Why not a tire rule? Other tracks have them, people can afford to race and the crowds are much larger. That way if you’re worth a million dollars and i’m worth a hundred, we have the same tires. Look in the classifieds, anyone that builds a car is crazy, they’re dirt chead used. The old $250 to win is why I stoped going, to watch 3-4 cars in a “standard” race. Other tracks are paying much more and drawing much larger crowds. I don’t have the answer, but after “things” that have happened to me at NSS I will be forever thankful I bought a boat instead of a race car. I do hope this helps and is a step in the right direction, but until the “standard” race field averages at LEAST 15-20 cars my entrance fee is going in my boat gas tank. And you guys that keep saying “he doesnt warrant an opinion, he doesn’t race” take a look in the grandstands, thats where the $ come from my friends. So now everyone can bash me, I could care less, but like I said, This will not help, much.