NSS Steps up

I see everybody’s side in this. My question is do you have an entry fee for the 50 lap races? If so them the payout thru the field should reflect that or do not charge am entry fee at all. They are paying $50 for 10th in a regular show and the same for a 50 lap race. O know we don’t race for tenth bit a lot of racers look at the payout thru the field to decide if they will race. Kudos to NSS for raising the purses to help get cars back put on the track.

Scooter, they haven’t been charging an entry fee for the 50 lappers. Usually for 100 they do.

Tuna, you completely contradict yourself by saying that you are tired of watching races that pay $250 that have 3-4 cars in them and then say that raising the purses isn’t the solution…

Racing is no different than owning a boat. The maintenance and upkeep of a boat is brutal. Most boats you have to trailer to where you are going, put gas in the truck and boat, by food and bait and spend all day having fun at your HOBBY!!! I will give you that you hopefully don’t wreck a boat as often but still…pretty close

Give it time to take hold. If in June or July the car counts are still off then obviously the economy is still the major factor. Lets be honest…a great deal of the racers I know were tied to the construction industry in some way…and that industry is still and will be for a while, off a great amount. Trust me I have been laid off 3 times in the last 3 years…I finally found a job outside the industry…THANK GOD!!!

Hey Tuna

What is the payout when you bring that boat back to the dock?

Ahhhhhhhh

as a previous boat owner i can help answer that…
we always had fresh from the water fish. sometimes lobster and sometimes stone crabs… Yummy!
we had a fabulous day outside.
we could entertain friends or family.
cost us a tank of gas & some oil…
had some maintenance but never had to rebuild it every week.
no injuries caused by the ppl we played with…:wink:
i was lucky enough to be scuba certified… lots of fish, lots of beautiful sights, peaceful entertainment with no sound other than your own breathing. weightlessness…(sure as hell dont have that now!)
no special clothing needed (when not in scuba gear)… just a bathing suit and sun glasses.
swimming with dolphins.
exploring new sights under water.
finding some treasure. especially finding that 7" meggie offshore in venice. exploring huge old and new shipwrecks…
going by boat to a restaurant or stopping for beer and oysters across the harbor during sunset… GORGEOUS…
the list goes on…
i will never marry a guy who doesnt have a boat!!! roflll
carolwicks aka oz

I will have to give a round of applause to the Harts and the folks at NSS/OSW for making an effort to bring the payouts up. No matter if you like them or hate them, those folks make one hell of an effort every week to make sure that we have a place to go play and/or go watch. And mind you, not just in one place… Three(3) tracks!!!

So thank you very much for making the effort to raise the payouts for us, as I am very sure that your efforts will be rewarded… As for me, hope to be back on my feet so I can play again, and not just work on things… But hey at least I am there EVERY week to show my support.

Have a great day all and I hope that everybody’s holiday season goes great…

Carol

You missed my point yes you had a good time enjoyed the day on the water but while enjoying your HOBBY you didn’t expect anyone else to pay for it. So once again how much money did you recieve when you returned to the dock? By the way you are supposed to enjoy racing also!

You know what? I don’t care what you think of me ass hole!! I have no desire to get over any issues with you, you’re just a brown noser!!! I simply stated my opinion, I’m entitled to it and if anyone don’t like it… TOUGH!!!

[QUOTE=fred23;58726]Scooter, they haven’t been charging an entry fee for the 50 lappers. Usually for 100 they do.

Tuna, you completely contradict yourself by saying that you are tired of watching races that pay $250 that have 3-4 cars in them and then say that raising the purses isn’t the solution…

Racing is no different than owning a boat. The maintenance and upkeep of a boat is brutal. Most boats you have to trailer to where you are going, put gas in the truck and boat, by food and bait and spend all day having fun at your HOBBY!!! I will give you that you hopefully don’t wreck a boat as often but still…pretty close

Give it time to take hold. If in June or July the car counts are still off then obviously the economy is still the major factor. Lets be honest…a great deal of the racers I know were tied to the construction industry in some way…and that industry is still and will be for a while, off a great amount. Trust me I have been laid off 3 times in the last 3 years…I finally found a job outside the industry…THANK GOD!!![/QUOTE]

Agreed, my boat is damn near as expensive as the racecar was.

I too spent 25 yrs in the construction industry, i started (entry level) in the telecom industry and fortunately with my construction management background i moved up the ranks fast. Otherwise i would be in financial turmoil still.

It really does sound like they are trying…OSW and NSS are my home tracks and always will be, i want to see them succeed.

Hey Fascar. Thanks for making an effort to improve racing. I think its great and I hope it improves car and fan counts. I don’t have anything planned myself but who knows?

[QUOTE=Patrick Thomas 25;58666]Hey Tunafish,

The tires will last us 4 to 6 races and I run my crate motor car on 93 octane pump gas. So if you don’t think doubling the purse will help bring cars out, you are an idiot also. Good job Fascar thanks for listening to the driver’s and the owner’s and stepping up for the good of the racer.

Patrick Thomas 25[/QUOTE]
a car that handles good shouldnt need new tires every wek, BUT not many have much chance to win. So now youre down in the $100 payoff area, or less. Oh, $250 to $400 is NOT double. The reason people are not racing is because the expense has become crazy.Now I may be an ass hole, like I said I don’t care what anyof you think of me. Every one of you I have ever helped have turned your back on me and even tried to turn my friends against. GOOG, they weren’t my friends anyhow. I want to thank you for your compliment Patrick, the same right back at ya. Anyone disagrees with some of you is an ass hole.

[QUOTE=Benny The Mule;58783]Agreed, my boat is damn near as expensive as the racecar was.

I too spent 25 yrs in the construction industry, i started (entry level) in the telecom industry and fortunately with my construction management background i moved up the ranks fast. Otherwise i would be in financial turmoil still.

It really does sound like they are trying…OSW and NSS are my home tracks and always will be, i want to see them succeed.[/QUOTE]
I wont say i disagree about the boat, i wouldnt want to be called an ass hole.LOL But you must have one hell of a boat if it costs you almost as much as your race car. $75 gas i go 30-40 miles offshore, fish all day. Buy a set of trailer tires maybe every 3-4 yrs, and a LOT cheaper than race tires. How many times have you raced all day for $100? But if you want to race, thats your business, good for you. I used to like to help some of you guys, about $10,000 in 4-5 yrs, but it wont happen again, you OR the track. I was just trying to stand up for you guys loosing your ass every week, but know what? I could care less, seeing how I’m an ass hole. What amazes me the most though is I talk to, or listen to you guys talk and you’re saying the same thing I am. But you get on here and everything is wonderful…

Are You This Way If You Don’t Catch Fish ?

Tuna don’t make it sound like I called you an A$$ hole because you are voicing your opinion. It’s the problem you have with NSS is why I said your an A$$HOLE.You have more things to say all negatively about NSS than anybody on this site. Your a hater and for that I called you an A$$ HOLE in my opinion. HAPPY HOLIDAYS :mad:

MANY people feel the same as me, look at the car count and fans in the stands. I’m just one of the few that has no problem saying what I think, If that makes me on ass hole then Mr Moe you are correct!!! You must be one of those big money teams that buy your wins with cheated up equipment and Tech turns their heads the other way. I’ll never understand how anyone can have fun, get any self respect running all cheated up equipment and getting away with it. If you are NOT one of these you should be glad I stood up for you, if you ARE one of these I understand your attitude. One problem with you is you’re the ass hole for not reading all the positive posts I’ve put on here about NSS. You work for FASCAR or what?? Oh trust me My Holidays will be just fine especially due to the fact FASCAR, and you have 0 bearing on it.

$75 bucks a day? Calling bullshit on that one! 100 miles round trip on the extreme conservative side @2-3 miles a gallon plus oil just doesnt add up. Buy a box or two of bait, ice, beer/soda and your lunch and you are at $200bucks for the day. Add in the cost of insurance, up keep and all the things that go wrong with boats and you have a $500 a month expense or more. Simple solution to your problem: Take your boat out and do what you want with your money. We will do the same with ours. Thanks NSS for listening to us and trying to help out. If you dont like the way they do things dont go!

TUNAMAN if you lke boats so much why dont you join a friggin boat forum. If you have bad things to say about racing get the F@$& out of KARNAC!!! Thank you Mr. Hart for doing what you do!!!:huepfen024:

[QUOTE=backdoorbob;58864]TUNAMAN if you lke boats so much why dont you join a friggin boat forum. If you have bad things to say about racing get the F@$& out of KARNAC!!! Thank you Mr. Hart for doing what you do!!!:huepfen024:[/

I agree.

Well you know what? i hate to differ with you, but I have a 21 ft. SEAHUNT with a Yamaha 150 4 stroke. It gets closer to 6-7 mpg, I dont buy beer when I go fishing, do you when you go racing? Bait is $11, Ballyhoo, A sub $5 and water $5. Yes there is insurance, $450 a yr, thats $9 a week. Gas??? Yes!! less, way less than $100 a day. Had the boat 4 yrs, MAY have spent $50 maintenance. I have NEVER fished all day and spent $200, bet you wish you could go race for 46 mins and only spend $200!! Oh, 4 stroke, holds 5 qts of oil, whats that $20 for a yr?? Anyhow, all this isn;t the point I was making, I was saying the TRACK could do a lot more than ther are to increase their fan base and competitors. Its like when your making $20 an hr and the boss man gives you a 25 cent raise. Now lets see how many more fans and competitors show up. I’m just a fan sick and tired of watching 4-5 car fields.

[QUOTE=Hired Gun;58879][QUOTE=backdoorbob;58864]TUNAMAN if you lke boats so much why dont you join a friggin boat forum. If you have bad things to say about racing get the F@$& out of KARNAC!!! Thank you Mr. Hart for doing what you do!!!:huepfen024:[/

I agree.[/QUOTE]
Not that its any of your business, or that I owe you an explanation, I DO belong to a fishing forum, its called Floridasportsman, None of this fake shit on there, everyones friends. So when I’m having a bad day I come on here just to piss people like you off! I just love the way I say something “negative” as you say on here and 3-4 of you get all pissed off, great!! Thats why I do it. Youre all the one big happy family?? Is that why you all piss and moan about illegal cars, (which there deffinately are) I’ve read 1000 posts crying abouit payouts, price of tires, price of gas, you wreck each other intentionally, at least the ones of you that don’t know how to race, fist fights in the pits and you’re all coming on here "thank you Mr. Hart and cutting him up every place else. Backdoorboob, you’re just another one that doesnt have the guts to say what you really think. So no, I guess I’ll just stay here and irritate you.

Actually MOE when I dont catch fish, I’m like some of you racers, I slam into every other boat i see, and go pick a fight with the guy in it, and make sure I put my helmet on when I go give him shit!!!

Thanks to Mr. Hart and the people with FASCAR. Mo money is a good thing !

I’m looking forward to the racing season at Orlando Speedworld and New Smyrna in 2011 in my new AMF Chassis E-Modified. Tried to race last year but had homebuilt engine issues in my first race at the end of the season…just got me a new Byron Koury Racing Engine so you can bet I won’t have any engine problems now.

Thanks to Bob and the boys at AMF Chassis, everyone at Byron Koury Racing Engines, my guy Buzzy Berry, and of course the great group of guys at Racecar Engineering for all their advise and assistance with building my first ever brand spankin new E-Mod.

Please stop by and check out my car when you have a chance. I’m really proud to own such a fine piece of equipment. Now, if I can just learn to drive the thing…

Jeff Bailey
#10 E-Modified