New owner at Bronson?

We ran Bronson in 2009 while ?The Don? was killing Columbia and had a blast. Tony treated us like we were old friends from day one. All the staff there was good to us every time we showed up. That announcer guy was another story though?. That?s a great track and I look forward to racing there again so long as it stay?s asphalt.

Who, me? Ummm…Yeah. You kept associating with that Jim Higginwhatever dude, so I figured you must be bad news. LOL! :aetsch013:

put some dirt on it. nah really i raced that track back in the 90’s in the pure stock division and had a blast. hope it gets going again.

Oh no… Not the Higginwhatever dude… Boy oh boy…

ROFLMAO

Put some georgia red clay on it and lets have us some fun

I heard who was buying the track a while back same as you all have posted but I also was told he this happen it was going dirt?? Maybe just a rumer

Going into dirt track

Bronson going on dirt , uummmmmmmmm, if it is , Ocala Speedway also dirt too , so, that mean Friday night Ocala Speedway and Bronson Saturday night.
We can stay overnight at Bronson`s parking lot or somewhere nearby after Ocala races.

Bronson Motor Speedway, is a 1/3rd mile paved oval, built in 1976, and it was blueprinted to it’s sister track; Monadnack Speedway in New Hampshire, with all it’s little quirks and turns. It is truely unique, all the way around.

Begging to turn this little gem into a dirt track would be a mistake, all the way around. Don’t wish for that to happen at all, as this fine lil’ ol’ Raceway is just fine as it is.

It just isn’t open for business as of today. Looks like that’s gonna’ change real soon.

[QUOTE=AB195;64066]Bronson Motor Speedway, is a 1/3rd mile paved oval, built in 1976, and it was blueprinted to it’s sister track; Monadnack Speedway in New Hampshire, with all it’s little quirks and turns. It is truely unique, all the way around.

Begging to turn this little gem into a dirt track would be a mistake, all the way around. Don’t wish for that to happen at all, as this fine lil’ ol’ Raceway is just fine as it is.

It just isn’t open for business as of today. Looks like that’s gonna’ change real soon.[/QUOTE]

The only difference is they call mad dog a 1/4 mile.:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=fascar27;64033]Bronson going on dirt , uummmmmmmmm, if it is , Ocala Speedway also dirt too , so, that mean Friday night Ocala Speedway and Bronson Saturday night.
We can stay overnight at Bronson`s parking lot or somewhere nearby after Ocala races.[/QUOTE]

Different gear needed though. Ocala a 3/8, Bronson a 1/3 mile.
making the track dirt would require a wider track which would further ‘shorten’ it. When Mike turned Ocala to dirt, about 20 feet(I think)was expanded into the infield to make the surface wider. Worked great too. Just some things to think about here. Bronson is just a tad bit bigger than Citrus. We made more RPM at Bronson with the same gear.
-JIM-

We raced at Bronson back from about 2000 to 2005, and it was a very nice race track at the time. I think its crazy to even think about put clay down on this place. I live in Archer, about 5 miles from the track and it is very to get to the track when you are on a budget. We finally are coming back to racing and I think its great that the Young’s bought it out and think that they will be great owners.

When we raced pure stock we had a blast and hope that there are more competitors out there to show that asphalt racing is still here in Florida. Cause I’ve always said “dirts for growing taters, asphalts for racing”

Need a Promote??

Wonder if the new owners need a promoter? It seems Boney is on a campign to prove his skills as a promoter. I.E. Giving away his junk to kids, cleaning rest rooms etc. Might be just what hes called for!!

Bronson

If ya all read the post farther down on this page; two folks from New York have closed on Bronson Speedway and hope to be racing in April or March

Tuney!

i am trying so hard to stay out of negative crap on here but you have really hit a nerve. i know thats what you thrive on and most times its just playful.
Rex Hollinger aka Boneman is a close friend of mine. He is the kind of family man people envy. He is the kind of friend only very lucky people have, He is a loving devoted faithful husband. His kids (4 of them) are his life. He sets examples of decency for them and is a big part of their lives. A shining example!
He is a true race fan and has helped Florida racing for many years by doing lots of promotions… sometimes radio shows, letters, visits etc.
He is a fun loving racer and has more friends than Jennifer Aniston!
Rex has helped many promoters such as Jerry Binner, me, and lots of others with projects. Never complains that hes too busy. He just helps. He set up the fun Kart races and has built quite a following.
He is concerned that the restrooms at some tracks are unsanitary. So am I!!! Public bathrooms should be clean. As Rex said, his wife wont go back. And how many others wont!? He shared an awesome weekend with his sons. i never thought that was something to mock.
How in the world can you find so many insults to sling at such a wonderful man? OH… and from what I understand, he put his hand out to you to shake in friendship and you passed it up! Your loss!I just dont get it. It is getting old.
There are alot of people who read this board. Far more than participate and I think its tragic that because of your posts some will think ill of one of the best people in the huge florida racing family. How can you be so hateful?
P.S. I dont care how you insult me if thats what your plan is. i have been on this board longer than anyone and you wont change that. Please leave Rex alone for a change. Most of us on the board think VERY highly of him.
carolwicks aka OZ

Thanks for the pat on the back Carol.

Not to worry. If he ever got me angry, everyone would have heard about it by now. As you can imagine, I wouldn’t keep it quiet. The fact is, he would only bother me if there was any truth to his BS. I’m so indifferent because there is no truth to anything he says; he is just throwing a childish tantrum as he tries to draw attention to himself.

It would also bother me if he turned anyone against me, but that hasn’t happened at all. Although I don’t raise this subject, if anyone talks about him with me, it is to ask “whats wrong with that guy?” They roll their eyes, I shake me head, and he is forgotten as we move on to something more fun.

I’m getting a new engine cranked up today for the first time. The season approaches!

Carol, Take your hormone pills. They keep you from flapping those jaws. :aetsch013::slight_smile:

Tunaman, For the love of god, please let it go. It ain’t healthy to hold grudges so long. I think you are a strong enough man to accept the hand of Boneman. I only met him once, and he really is a likeable guy. I know he has been a thorn in your side and caused you grief, but put your bigboy pants on and be the man I know you are deep down inside.

The real issue with Karnac recently, is if anyone can teach Don and Moe how to use e-mail. Good grief !

JUST FOR FUN,

Here’s Carol taking her hormone pills.

how do you make a hormone?

EZ… i dont want hairs on my chin! i missed u ez…:grinser010:
carol aka oz

Now that there is funny ! Except, I shave em !

how do you make a hormone?

Don’t pay her!