May you rest in peace, Tommy Dunford

It’s with a heavy heart that we are here to annouce the passing of a fantastic, respected, jovial, kind-hearted man, Tommy Dunford. Words can’t describe the impressions that he left on the hearts of so many. He had a laugh that could be heard state wide, and a smile that could cheer up the grumpiest soul. He touched our hearts, and was a man you could always count on. Through thick and thin, Tommy D would get you through it. Our hearts are hurting, and the tears can’t seem to stop falling, but that’s not what Tommy would want. He doesn’t want to see us mourning his death, but remembering the good times. Let’s ALL RISE, and cheers to the wonderful life of Tommy Dunford. It didn’t matter if you knew him for 50 years, 5 months or 5 minutes… he left an impression.

The person who coined the phase that I use quite often, “A friend of everyone, is a friend of noone” must have never had the priveledge to meet Tommy D.

The racing community has lost two of its very best. With the news of Robert Aaron, and now the loss of Tommy Dunford… there’s gonna be a lot of racing going on in heaven. May you both rest in peace, and forever live in the hearts of your family and friends. We love you both.

Funeral services have yet to be determined for Tommy Dunford, but we will be sure to keep you updated with the latest information as soon as we receive.

The Cope Family
Mike, Jane, Megan and Travis
as well as the entire Bronson Motor Speedway family and community

This is a shocker, from the first day I met Tommy until the last time I saw him this man always had a handshake and smile for eveyone. We had many conversations, some brief some long but I always walked away with a smile. RIP my friend, not only the racing community but eveyone who has known you has suffered a great loss with your passing…

is always so sad…

I send my deepest sympathies to the family and friends of Tommy and Robert… :engel016: they now join our departed and loved family in Heaven…
carolwicks aka oz

it was just a phone call with Tommy an it was like we knew each other for ever so sorry for the loose r.i.p. Tommy:ernaehrung004: gods speed

Tommy was the greatest and one night he saved my butt for sure. My car acted up going to Bronson to write for a Goodyear Challenge race and Tommy literally got it fixed for me so I could drive back to Merritt Island. Evidentally the battery terminals were old and too lose and he stuck a nail in it and it got me home and I wasn’t sure if I would ever get home.

Tommy always had a smile for everyone and always friendly and nice. He will surely be missed by alot of people. May God bless Tommy and wrap his loving arms around him.

Tommy won’t be forgotten because he is in the hearts of many.

RIP Tommy, you were a great man and an always friendly smile regardless of the situation. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Cope family and the Dunford family in their time of loss. We will all miss him. Such a shock…

Tim

Very sorry to hear !

To Mike and family and to the Dunford family I am sorry to hear of your loss. Tommy was always good to me and fair, he was fun to be around. God Bless !

To Tommy.

Now, your can enjoy racing and not have to deal with the paints in the back side. GOD bless you. Your one of the turn men that LOVED this SPORT!:engel016:

Service Information

Tommy will be laid to rest in St. Petersburg on Friday, February 11, 2011 at 2 pm. Everyone is welcome to the ceremony which will be held at Memorial Park Cemetery at the Mausoleum. The family is asking that in lieu of flowers, there is an account for Tommy Dunford set up at the Perkins Bank in Bronson, FL to accept memorial donations.

We all thank you for the love and support that has been shown during this very trying time.

Memorial Park Cemetery
4900 54th Avenue North, St. Petersburg, FL

Mike and family and to the Dunford family I am sorry to hear of your loss our prayer go out to you all.

Gary Laplant and Family