Pay Out Super's Florida State Confused

[SIZE=“2”]This is my opinon on this weekends test for the Supers and I don’t want to put a bad name on things in this state but this weekend tells a tail.

Can anyone ans me this we all race for money right that’s what everyone says so why in the hell would you go to a race Paying $2200.00 and pass by a track Paying $3000.00 for the same laps? doesn’t make any sense.

You just ans my question I think we should all pay $2200.00 to win now so we are not out of line with PGS and you can thank them for setting the pace.You just proved the point in black and white 24 car’s at PGS and 17 at Aubandale thats great so the lesson here is pay less and the track owner makes more money, I like that, how about all of the other tracks doing the same thing, thanks PGS you know how to make it happen and when the drivers complain now about the pay-out you can thank PGS and their way of thinking and please don’t forget the driver’s who went to PGS they made us see the light that we are doing the wrong thing.

Thanks again John Sarppraicone see ya at the races. Isn’t that the Truth [/SIZE]

Late Model Payout

Do you think maybe they went to PGS because they like the track and they are treated better? Sometimes it’s not all about the money. I don’t know but I would be concerned if teams are passing up my racetrack for another track that is paying less. What are they doing that I’m not doing?
Just some thoughts.

Well may be you are right, fill the seats, treat the drivers like they mean something, and pay what you advertise, Give back to the crowd, and maybe someday YOU also can follow suit. Why try to kick someone for putting on a good show, other than to show you are eating sour apples.
Great Super late show put on by PGS, over flowing grandstands, and big field of Latemodels, full pits, and support classes putting on a great show, how can you fault that… PPPLLLease

Phil Ellis Sr :anim_pound:

super payout

John, 3000 to win sounds good on the surface.realisticly there are only a hand full of guys looking at that because they have the money to spend to go after that win.The rest of us look at the worst case scenario being the start money.We ran the united race at auburndale recently and spent 1000 after entry fee and so on and brought home 200 due to a late race accident.I run this out of my pocket so I cant take much of this expense.The tbara had it right with 300 to start money with no entry fees or mandatory tire purchase or fuel purchase.I guess that is why the sprints are setting at home ths year.They only paid 1000 to win with 300 last place. Thanks Davey

Just in case you missed it the frst time PGS pays a bit more THRU the field and on the bottom line.

Thanks to all the drivers and fans that make PGS great!

Below is a breakdown of PGS purse.

PGS Super Late Model Payout

21-24 Cars 15-20 Cars

1. 2200 1. 2000
  2. 1400 2. 1200
  3. 1100 3. 1000
  4. 1000 4. 900
  5. 900 5. 800
  6. 850 6. 700
  7. 750 7. 600
  8. 650 8. 500
  9. 550 9. 450
    10.500 10.375
    11.400 11.350
    12.350 12.300
    13.325 13. 250
    14.275 14. 200
    15.250 15. 200
    16.225 16. 200
    17.225 17. 200
    18.225 18. 200
    19.225 19. 200
    20.200 20. 200
    22.200 Total Purse
  10. 200 $10,825
  11. 200

Total Purse
$13,400

FL Promoters Series payout
posted by John Sarppraicone

21-24 Cars 15-20 Cars

1. 3000 1. 2000
  2. 1500 2. 1300
  3. 1000 3. 900
  4. 850 4. 800
  5. 750 5. 700
  6. 675 6. 625
  7. 600 7. 550
  8. 550 8. 475
  9. 500 9. 425
    10.450 10. 375
    11.400 11. 325
    12.350 12. 275
    13.300 13. 250
    14.250 14. 200
    15.200 15. 200
    16.200 16. 200
    17.200 17. 200
    18.200 18. 200
    19.200 19. 200
    20.200 20. 200
    22.200 Total Purse
    23.200 $10,400

Total Purse
$13,175

Mandatory 10 gal fuel
Mandatory 4 tire track tires

I can’t believe you would ask that question. It seems pretty obvious to me and, apparently, to the racers also. If you didn’t finish first or second, you would have earned more at PGS, if car counts were equal. It’s too bad the rest of you track owners/promoters can’t see that. Imagine, if all you tracks worked together to actually promote racing. I thought PGS made a major mistake when they elected to not align itself with the “track alliance” and went with Goodyear tires. I still think they would be better off going with a “standard” tire but it appears they do get it when it comes to the other stuff. I congratulate them. They seem to get it and, I believe, Bubba does also. I do applaud you both for publishing the complete payouts. Now if all you tracks would just have one purse and not base it on car counts, you’d be further ahead also. With the car counts John stated, PGS paid more to win also. WTG

What amazes me is…

you’re missing the fact there were 41 late models running at 2 tracks. I don’t know what Smyrna had, but if you could put your bullspit aside and put a series together that would attract all 41+ cars to the same track, the fans would show up, the purses would stabilize, and we could return to where we were 10-15 years ago. I remember when Burt and Don had 2 series with similar rules, and you’d have enough cars to run last chance qualifiers and actually send cars home.

Being part of a Track Owners Alliance and trying to sabotage the other Florida tracks that don’t want to be part of your alliance is a lonely job isn’t it?

It’s the way you treat drivers. Back in 2003 the person running the show (I can’t remember his name right now), Would let the drivers know how glad they were to have them show up and race this weekend at DeSoto. After he left you would do things like drill holes in your used tires so they can’t be use by drivers that were blowing away your (Best) drivers on those used tires. So that they had to buy new tires or no longer race and your track. It was a no brainer. That’s why you only have 40 a week on average showing up to race.:smilie_bett:

Good job PGS.

Nothing will change at Desoto until the Sarppraicones are gone, if there is even a track left when they are through with it.

I don’t know for sure why racers went to PGS instead of Auburndale , but i think the United Promotors group should find someone a lot less argumentative as their frontman on message boards .

Right on!!

United Promoters Frontman

The question is “is he the official front man?” I bet the other racetracks excluding Auburndale who is he is joined at the hip with are cringing and asking why in the ? is John making a post like that.

The sad story here is that John and Rex just don’t get it. They have both decided that they can monopolize Florida Late Model Racing. This past weekend they found out they lost out to a promoter who obviously treats his racers well and TRULY appreciates them being there.

And then John actually chastises the people who he has to rely on to make his track profitable by solely relying on the back gate because he doesn’t have enough spectators in the stands.

If I was one of the other promoters I would be cringing. Is this a crack in the armor of the “tour”? I wait for the first promoter who schedules a late model race on top of a United race because of a rainout. Based on the schedule it will happen. Rex, do you have any more United races left at your track?

The season is still young.

actually the next promoters race is May 14th at Auburndale!
By chance is PGS having a late model event that night? I think I would fall down if I saw a 20 + late model field.

Did some math, according to posted payouts:

United Promoters-17 cars-total payout $9800

PGS-21 cars-total payout $12,800

So, PGS paid $3000 more for 4 more cars or $750 per car.

As long as I had people in the stands, I think the 17 car field was better financially.

[QUOTE=83earnhardt;71889]Do you think maybe they went to PGS because they like the track and they are treated better?

First of all it would be nice if you put your name on here so we know who I am talking to,did you have trouble at Desoto or is it rumors as allways or how many times did you race here You can’t say it because we don’t know your name.What I have seen at all track’s drivers are allways right in their eyes,and thats ok but we have to have a line and when you can not accept that you cry and stamp your feet like a child,we all have rules and you must follow them to keep everyone in line and happy.I hope I am not hurting anyone’s feeling,because you know in this world every one gets a trophy.

Talking about getting treated right lets call a spade a spade,pgs this weekend I found on another site.

Reply to Guest (04/27/2011 5:05 PM)
me and a couple friends went to pgs as crew members and were shocked at what went on there. first they were giving tires away but hardly any of us late models knew about it. then after the races bubba the love sponge who now owns ocala speedway and pgs owner kevin williams were yelling at this young kid who raced against bubba. in front of everyone including other kids they both said f*** off. williams told the kid this is my fing track and i’ll run it the way i want so f off. then on the radio yesterday bubba told his listeners that the 14 year old kid in the 24 truck is a none driving fool and a pimple head dildo. real professional track owners. i would never bring kids to either track. no wonder short track racing is so bad now with track owners like this.

You are full of crap, I was there

You’re full of shit southern sprints. You are obviously the track owner or a track employee trying to cover up what really happened. There was a bunch of us that heard the owner say f-you and that he runs his track the way he f-ing wants. What do you expect from a guy who hangs around bubba the love sponge the lowest scum on the face of the earth.

04/27/2011 8:47 PM

Lawn_Boy Re : Reply To SouthernSprints

Reply to SouthernSprints (04/27/2011 10:09 PM)

Reply to Guest (04/27/2011 5:05 PM)
me and

Sometimes it’s not all about the money.
Really so you race for 14 place if thats what your saying ,then you really need to drive a v8 Bomber,Pgs and the FUPS for a 24 car field it’s $225 to the good for Pgs,So your saying I can’t run with the big dog’s,do you think Petty,Earnhardt,Allisons cared if the owner was not personally greeting them.BS show me the money who are you kidding,Let’s talk real here,Does every owner do the pay out at the window? I don’t think so, I do and thank everyone for coming after getting MFed up one leg and down the other because someone else took them out allways someone else’s is fault ,pull tighter on the belts. I don’t know but I would be concerned if teams are passing up my racetrack for another track that is paying less. What are they doing that I’m not doing?
Just some thoughts.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes it’s not all about the money. So you tell that to the A cars ,they will laugh right in your face,all the start and park cars that were their got the same money as the FUPS and spent money on gas,tires,hotel for what.
I don’t know but I would be concerned if teams are passing up my racetrack for another track that is paying less. What are they doing that I’m not doing? Just some thoughts.[/QUOTE]

Isn’t there somebody in the United Promotors series that can check and okay message board posts made on their behalf before they’re posted ? If not , they better find somebody quick .

QUOTE=Rick Williamson;71921]It’s the way you treat drivers. Back in 2003 the person running the show (I can’t remember his name right now), Would let the drivers know how glad they were to have them show up and race this weekend at DeSoto .

What do you think I don’t care about my drivers,I guess your not one of the one’s I help at the track fix cars, help with set up’s,ect let them use the race track.Do You know why you don’t know any of this because your not here.

I can’t be every place at the track at one time, do you have a car have you raced here ,so your here 1 or 2 times and because I never said hi to you your mad next time your here I will take you to lunch and show you what goes here,anytime ,and by the way I thank each and everyone one at the pay out window so I don’t miss anyone. [/FONT]

After he left you would do things like drill holes in your used tires so they can’t be use by drivers that were blowing away your (Best) drivers on those used tires.

Where do you dream up this crap,
Your never here and I am drilling holes in tires rumor again,Busted and I pick up the Pepsi cups and reuse them to,and don’t forget the counterfeit money we give out to. you have nothing better to do then spread rumors. Oh I have given used tire’s to people all the time to race, for free Fact.

So that they had to buy new tires or no longer race and your track.

Hello ,Hello John to computer racer again.
Listen to what your saying 6 tracks working together and pgs on the outside making them buy only goodyears but I am screwing my drivers that can race at any track in the state.Busted again the boys are out an I am loving it.Sorry for the humor. It was a no brainer.

That’s why you only have 40 a week on average showing up to race.:smilie_bett:[/QUOTE]
Since you know so much would you give me the lotto numbers this week.

Where do you get your info from and where does it say that they are trying to hurt other track’s, any track can be with us it’s their choice,I thought we all lived in AMERICA Freedom of speech.Give me Facts not people that hide behind computer boards.Their must be a rat somewhere.

What happen to Freedom of speech, what is this a one way street,put your name up like I do ,oh rumors again.I thought we lived in AMERICA you don’t like people standing up for their rights.