Pay Out Super's Florida State Confused

You know it does not mater why some one goes to outher tracks o just don’t race the only thing that maters is when you race you have fun because what it all comes down to we all startde to race to have fun . So if you are not having fun find out why you are not have fun and try to fix if racing is for fun if you are in for the money go to work that is ware you make money us as racers don’t make any we might get a little to make up som but for the last time it is for fun …so lets race and have a good time

What him and most everybody else is thinking is that you are hurting the image of the folks involved and your series WAY more than you are helping by posting in the way that you are. You are correct, this is America where the ignorant have just as much right to speak as everyone else, lucky for you.

You guys might be right as rain, but coming on here in a ranting/maniacal fashion sure does cast some doubts…

[QUOTE=bubba;72022]What him and most everybody else is thinking is that you are hurting the image of the folks involved and your series WAY more than you are helping by posting in the way that you are. You are correct, this is America where the ignorant have just as much right to speak as everyone else, lucky for you.

You guys might be right as rain, but coming on here in a ranting/maniacal fashion sure does cast some doubts…[/QUOTE]

amen!! just adding nails to the coffin!

[QUOTE=bubba;72022]What him and most everybody else is thinking is that you are hurting the image of the folks involved and your series WAY more than you are helping by posting in the way that you are.

This is my opinon on this weekends test for the Supers and I don’t want to put a bad name on things in this state but this weekend tells a tail.

And your point ,your the only one with an opinon
Posting Facts, why the hell would anyone listen to you people that can’t post with their real name.The truth hurts sometime’s I feel sorry that you call people Ignorant but thats ok this is AMERICA.

You are correct, this is America where the ignorant have just as much right to speak as everyone else, lucky for you.

You guys might be right as rain, but coming on here in a ranting/maniacal fashion sure does cast some doubts…[/QUOTE]

Doubts for a person with out a real name.You must be kidding.

I have to say one thing it’s amazing how many people hit this post,must be a record in 2 days.The boys are out and I am loving it, to the races everyone.You have to simile at this you guys are the best.

x90 John Sarppraicone

This is ONLY my TWO CENTS but I remember many years ago when there was just the Florida Pro Series (Bert’s) and during that time I got to interview alot of Super Late Model drivers. The one answer I got from alot of them was all they wanted was to race in the Florida Pro series at least once during the driving career. Then the Sunbelt Series began and they had two series to chose from but when it was just only the Florida Pro, it was great.

I covered a number of Bert’s races at Columbia and also one at Volusia when they small track was the asphalt track and the race was during the day and Pete Orr was racing. It was great, lots of cars, lots of action and plenty of fans. In fact the last race of the year one time was at Columbia during the day and that was the last race that Bill Posey ran in his outdated Late Model and South Forty was there. It was great and plenty of fans for a Sunday afternoon race.

We have had a number of good series in the state including the Mini Stock Challenge. I remember when it was the fastest growing series out there and Todd had more Minis than he knew what to do with. SARA Late Models and Modifieds at Lakeland and then later on Sunbelt and Goodyear and Modifieds at Lakeland. Those were great times for sure.

But Bert at one time had it going with the Florida Pro and I have no idea of what he paid but he got the cars and with that, he got the fans. Alot has changed in Florida over the years, some good, some bad but those days were the best.

Drivers now have to look at purses, at least, some do with the cost of just one race. It is great to go home with $3,000 in your pocket but the end of the field has to feel appreciated also and $50 or $75 does not do it. What makes a series or a track today GREAT is how they treat their drivers, that they show how much they appreciate them coming and spending their hard earned money to race at that track, to be treated fairly and equal.

I have not been to a track in a long time and have not seen the new Late Model Series in action and couldn’t say if it is a good thing or a bad thing but drivers will go wherever they feel appreciated the most and treated fairly the most.

AND AGAIN, THIS IS ONLY MY TWO CENTS AND MINE ALONE!!!

Hey John wasn’t that you swearing at the kids, I seem to remember a video from your track, last year of you dropping a few F bombs at a kid and his uncle, in your 4cyl class, and he now is a PGS regular, so sounds like the pot calling the kettle black, especially since all you got is a rumor, about PGS, yours is on youtube

again play the game fair, and fair will payoff for you, when you don’t, ussually it seems to come back and bite you on the behind

Phil Ellis sr

Drivers will not agree with me, however I think most fans and track owners will. Just think what would of happen, or better yet not of happen if no one had started any series. On any given night you could go see your favorite driver at your local track knowing that he or she would be there, not off racing somewhere else. It would be like waiting for your favorite tv show and when it comes time for it, the actor you like to watch isn’t on the show that night, then the next week he or she is not on it. Then it becomes a hit or miss when that actor is on the show. Then you have a new favorite (place to go) show.

was in wrong place… sorry

hmmmmm
i was going to let this go but you know me… i always thought that cussing and calling people names was wrong no matter how old they are.but especially children. … at race tracks i have seen and heard all this many many times and remember…when you point one finger at someone else, you point 4 at yourself. i thought this sport was supposed to be fun? why is there so much hatred and bickering. just get on with what you guys should be doing. promote!!! Instead you slowly drive people away. my post isnt directed at any specific person… its directed at anyone guilty of vulgar name calling!!!
CAROL WICKS

Here is a thought why don’t we stop pretend to be nascar and loose these abc bodies, slicks, entry fees and race for some real money like they do up north. Aluminum outlaw bodies, no drag racing trans no slicks no mirrors no radios no entry fee’s and better pay off’s. that will bring cars (only so many super rich in florida can afford nascar rules)

This guy has it right…

There is a lot to be said for the comments above. I’d say that the use radios and mirrors have done a lot to harm asphalt racing. The move to make short track racing “just like NASCAR” the last 20 years or so was a huge mistake.

You know john comes on here and asks a simple question whether it’s better to pay less money to the drivers since pgs had 7 more cars race for $800 less to win. This is a legitimate question and makes one wonder if purses actually do make any difference. To those slamming john, those 17 cars weren’t even racing at his track they were racing at auburndale. Why don’t you ask john about his $30,000 points fund he had for the AACS. Why don’t you ask john about all the free tires he’s given drivers? Why don’t you ask john about all the free track time he’s given drivers? Why don’t you ask john about all the drivers he’s helped with setups?

You all were on here bitching in the past about tracks not working together. Now that all the asphalt tracks but one(pgs) are working together you’re bitching about that. You’ve just got to have something to bitch about. Pgs comes on here and tries to make it a big deal because they have a $225 higher purse than the united promoters did. They are good at going behind other tracks and scheduling on top of them and they’ve done it many times. So they see what the united promoters pay in purse and raise their purse by $225 and act like it’s a huge deal. What other asphalt track can you run their goodyears at? That’s right, none. If you run hoosiers you can run at 6 tracks. Now that’s what i call helping the drivers.

Then you have drivers who are bitching about payout throughout the field. Whatever happened to racing to WIN? Bunch of losers I would say if they plan on going out to get less than the win. One guy says that the united promoters are out to “sabotage the other Florida tracks”. What other tracks? There’s only one asphalt track that refuses to work with the other tracks and make it easy for the drivers to race at all tracks, and that’s pgs.

Then you have another guy on here claiming that john would “drill holes in your used tires so they can’t be use by drivers that were blowing away your (Best) drivers on those used tires. So that they had to buy new tires or no longer race and your track”. Oh yeah now that’s funny. Where’s your proof?

And phil ellis why do you constantly put down john and desoto when you don’t even race there? Just shows how much class you have. You fit right in with pgs. You claim john was cussing at kids well what did your owner do last week? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

I just can’t figure out why you all are so negative all the time against tracks who are working together to survive and help the drivers with rules and tires that allow them to race at any track they want.

And I don’t hide behing a screen name like a scared punk,
Danny Young

One guy says that the united promoters are out to “sabotage the other Florida tracks”. What other tracks? There’s only one asphalt track that refuses to work with the other tracks and make it easy for the drivers to race at all tracks, and that’s pgs.

That’s me. And no I wasn’t saying the United Promoters are out to sabotage other Florida tracks, I was specifically talking about the originator of this post. There’s a track up in the Panhandle, that’s not a member of this so-called alliance, and they’re paying a good purse to the TBARA very soon, and that seems to bother John, but, you know, whatever…

Hey Tripper

Tripper, we all know what happened to the beloved outlaw winged sprints …it wasn’t about the show they brung to the racetrack, it’s that the tracks have NO IDEA how to SELL IT. When asked why they couln’t afford the sprints they used the excuse of start and parks, because we all know they aren’t going to say I don’t know what I’m doing here… Truth is…well everyone else figure it out…i’ll keep what i learned…

Ok jack tripper here is your exact quote: “Being part of a Track Owners Alliance and trying to sabotage the other Florida tracks that don’t want to be part of your alliance is a lonely job isn’t it?”

You say that you were “specifically talking about the originator of this post.” Well it’s a thread not a post first of all, and I didn’t see where the originator said anything about five flags speedway. Yes five flags is not part of what you call the “alliance” but we’re talking a track in a different time zone here. Yes they are in the central time zone. You say that it bothers john that five flags is paying the tbara a good purse. Please show me where john has said anything about the tbara and five flags. Please be specific and tell us all how the originator of this thread is trying to sabotage other florida tracks. Why would anyone be against 6 florida tracks working together to help the drivers with a rules package and allowing them to run the same tire on all 6 tracks?

He got on here and badmouthed PGS, what more proof do you need. Everyone else here is saying how Desoto doesn’t treat people right and that’s why PGS had the cars they did. Am I missing something here?

OP - Original Poster. Threads start with a post. Knock it off already…

Learn what a thread and a post is. An originator implies the person who starts a thread. Knock that off already. Everyone else? What are you talking 2 or 3 pgs people? You said “Everyone else here is saying how Desoto doesn’t treat people right and that’s why PGS had the cars they did.” They didn’t race at desoto, they raced at auburndale so what does that have to do with anything? John was just asking if everyone else should charge a lower purse since the lower purse drew more cars.

BoneMan had it right

John, you REALLY need to view this video, it may help you with how racers view some of the promoters, like it or not there is a lot of controversy and negative opinions regarding a few tracks. You don’t see threads like this regarding Citrus, Lake City, Orlando or New Smyrna. Yes free speech is a beautiful thing, however when you are eating shoe leather all the time eventually your teeth will fall out from lack of nutrition.

Heres the post http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPQoP7zT408

I know that given your screen name you’re going to take up for John all day long and that’s your right, so have fun with it.

And a post starts a thread, so the person that starts a thread is generally known as the OP, god that’s tiresome and solves nothing.

You keep going to Desoto and having a good time, honest. I’m not kidding. I’m glad you enjoy it. We’ve all got our favorite tracks, that’s just not mine. Different strokes for different folks.

I know what I’ve been told regarding Five Flags, and you know what you know about Desoto, so chances are we aren’t going to agree, despite who says what. That’s fine too. I don’t have to agree with everyone and they don’t have to agree with me. No harm, no foul.

No point in boring everyone else to tears as you and I disagree.

Ok mister know-it-all. Everone originates a post. Only one person originates a thread. Read and comprehend. I know by your posts that you will always be against the 6 florida tracks that are working together to help the drivers. Please tell us what you’ve been told about five flags otherwise it’s all bs.