Pay Out Super's Florida State Confused

lmao!!!..Desotofan is worse than a nagging wife…

OMG! Really? OK supporter of the series I’ll bite? who is the treasurer, president, VP, accountant? Who is holding that BIG point fund they will pay out at the end of the year?

Tim lmao!!!..Desotofan is worse than a nagging wife…

5 posts and that’s what i was thinking.

[QUOTE=Tim;72138]Tripper, we all know what happened to the beloved outlaw winged sprints …it wasn’t about the show they brung to the racetrack, it’s that the tracks have NO IDEA how to SELL IT. When asked why they couln’t afford the sprints they used the excuse of start and parks,

Tim you sound like you want to promote and own a race track,how do you put words in my mouth, were you at any of these meeting or is their a ‘‘rat’’ in the room because I will make sure at out next meeting it will only be four people so nothing is spun, because it will be’‘confindential’’ like allways what is said if that is true but I don’t believe a word you say without your real name.

because we all know they aren’t going to say I don’t know what I’m doing here… Truth is…well everyone else figure it out…i’ll keep what i learned…[/QUOTE]

[B]Who is they mention names Tim,if you knew what you were doing you would own a race track,I would love for your help at my track any time ,oh and by the way, why would I not run the wing sprints when I paid them over $98,000 over the year for over 9 shows I will show you their 1099 if you would like, do you think I invest in someting and want to lose money,ask Robert Hart why I ran them so many times ,I made the most money out of any series or class hands down.

Don’t think I am not getting ready to run wing sprints I’m trying to put sponsers together to bring them back under Desoto’s name.When the time is right they will be on this racetrack.Thanks again John[/B]

John, I agree you were THE biggest supporter of the TBARA. I was wrong, I shouldn’t have lumped you in with the others there. If a racetrack can’t sell ground pounding 800hp wheel standing outlaw winged sprint cars to fans, they aint got a chance in hell of selling the FUP tour to them. So if the TBARA made you the most money why did you quit running them?

I wouldn’t shrink the number of people at owners meetings, I would grow them and include people with PR, Media and Event Marketing experience. Hell, you can pay the best consultants in those fields and split the cost. But I wouldn’t refer to them as “rats”. I would take a pencil and notepad and listen…

I have NO interest in owning or promoting a racetrack at this time and point in my life. But John, you have always been kind to me and if I can help you in any way I will.

Owner

[QUOTE=x90 John Sarppraicone;71879][SIZE=“2”]This is my opinon on this weekends test for the Supers and I don’t want to put a bad name on things in this state but this weekend tells a tail.

Can anyone ans me this we all race for money right that’s what everyone says so why in the hell would you go to a race Paying $2200.00 and pass by a track Paying $3000.00 for the same laps? doesn’t make any sense.

You just ans my question I think we should all pay $2200.00 to win now so we are not out of line with PGS and you can thank them for setting the pace.You just proved the point in black and white 24 car’s at PGS and 17 at Aubandale thats great so the lesson here is pay less and the track owner makes more money, I like that, how about all of the other tracks doing the same thing, thanks PGS you know how to make it happen and when the drivers complain now about the pay-out you can thank PGS and their way of thinking and please don’t forget the driver’s who went to PGS they made us see the light that we are doing the wrong thing.

Thanks again John Sarppraicone see ya at the races. Isn’t that the Truth [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Because we hate the owner of DeSoto…hello how many racers has he run off at that track…Jr.???

Lot’s of fodder

Seem’s like a whole lot of excess posts between John’s simple question
and Joanne’s simple answer . Doesn’t it ?:confused:

Wow all I see on this board is negativity unless it involves pgs. I guess that’s why the constant slamming of desoto and it’s owner. Joanne lucas why are you so full of hate? Maybe you should turn to God and get rid of this hate you have. Could you give us reasons why you hate the desoto owner? And please don’t come back with calling him names like some teenager would. There’s enough hate in this world without adding to it. Criticism is good as long as it is constructive. Just saying you hate someone does nothing. I see tracks trying to work together and you all are saying that’s a bad thing. You all are doing nothing but tearing down racing by your constant put downs. I guess you won’t be happy until all the tracks are shut down. No wonder so many left here for the other site.

Hello MR Desoto Fan, Danny Young, first of all I have never come on here or any other forum and said any thing about John, so get your facts straight. I did not say what I said to put down John or Desoto, I guess my point if you read it, is don’t do or say anything about something you have maybe also done yourself, people make mistakes, and I along with alot of people don’t like to read or hear something made up or rumored, especially done out of spite. so please Mr. young do the same, and I think I understand you sticking up for him and your track, I myself am doing that with PGS, but you don’t even know who you are talking about, where I sir do. Maybe someday come to PGS and say hello.
Thanks
Phil Ellis Sr

Well John, you final get to join good company, the Hills (Sunshine Speedway). People hated them to.

I wish more people would have that kind of attitude,this is a hard sport because their is only one winner.Spoken like a real Sporstman,Keep your head up.Thanks again John.

racer4461
Rookie Join Date: May 2011

Radio Personality abuse to kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcesr
Thank you John, and I wish you the Best, I don’t think it is right to do that to anyone especially kids, and I don’t like to see bad things written about people based on an internet rumor, not actual facts. thanks for the invite, maybe someday my son and I will come up again to race, understand unlike some people on here, we do not hate you or your facility, but our home track is PGS because we close by, and do to economic reasons, and the fact that some of our best friends are there we call that home. I hope we can put this behind, and just have a great time doing what we all love.

Phil Ellis Sr

Please note that I personally overheard the comments made by a prominent radio personality pro truck driver that races at PGS to one of the quality young (minor) drivers from the orlando area, What was said in person at the track and on the radio to a minor aged driver was totally inappropriate and out of bounds. Our race teams experience at Desoto speedway has been nothing but positive and we have been made to feel like we are wanted there as part of a family. Racing is about a family environment for racers and fans alike. I cannot feel the same way about PGS and the officiating that myself and my team mate and other drivers experienced on more than one occasion. Seem unfair to be directing negative comments at Desoto without the truth being stated about PGS.

racer4461
View Public Profile
Send a private message to racer4461
Find all posts by racer4461
#5 Today, 02:23 PM
heartland race team

Our new home track - Desoto Super Speedway

Our driver raced at PGS for three years. We recently moved to Desoto Super Speedway. The unfair official calls and favoritism became too much. We felt it unwise to support a track that would not support our driver. We never asked for favoritism, only fairness. Our driver is a clean racer. Racing errors will occur in any race but we never intentionally wrecked anyone. We struggled last year with driving clean races because our division had a couple hot heads wrecking others instead of racing. In this economy many race teams are struggling to continue racing. Permitting drivers to take another driver out during the races in not how a race track keeps the head count up for cars every week.
Disrespectable celebrates are not needed in a family atmosphere. The youth of this country get enough bad examples of adult behavior through internet, movies, radio, television and music. I refuse to support a race track that supports negative role models.
As long as Desoto Super Speedway provides a positive experience for our race team, we will be there to support the race track

heartland race team
View Public Profile
Send a private message to heartland race team
Find all posts by heartland race team
#6 Today, 02:58 PM
heartland race team

negative experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer4461
Please note that I personally overheard the comments made by a prominent radio personality pro truck driver that races at PGS to one of the quality young (minor) drivers from the orlando area, What was said in person at the track and on the radio to a minor aged driver was totally inappropriate and out of bounds. Our race teams experience at Desoto speedway has been nothing but positive and we have been made to feel like we are wanted there as part of a family. Racing is about a family environment for racers and fans alike. I cannot feel the same way about PGS and the officiating that myself and my team mate and other drivers experienced on more than one occasion. Seem unfair to be directing negative comments at Desoto without the truth being stated about PGS.

Celebrities should conduct themselves appropriately on air and in person when dealing with minors. We need more good role models. We are molding the next generation and how they will conduct themselves with others when they’re adults. heartland race team

[QUOTE=x90 John Sarppraicone;72011]QUOTE=Rick Williamson;71921]It’s the way you treat drivers. Back in 2003 the person running the show (I can’t remember his name right now), Would let the drivers know how glad they were to have them show up and race this weekend at DeSoto .

What do you think I don’t care about my drivers,I guess your not one of the one’s I help at the track fix cars, help with set up’s,ect let them use the race track.Do You know why you don’t know any of this because your not here.

I can’t be every place at the track at one time, do you have a car have you raced here ,so your here 1 or 2 times and because I never said hi to you your mad next time your here I will take you to lunch and show you what goes here,anytime ,and by the way I thank each and everyone one at the pay out window so I don’t miss anyone. [/FONT]

After he left you would do things like drill holes in your used tires so they can’t be use by drivers that were blowing away your (Best) drivers on those used tires.

Where do you dream up this crap,
Your never here and I am drilling holes in tires rumor again,Busted and I pick up the Pepsi cups and reuse them to,and don’t forget the counterfeit money we give out to. you have nothing better to do then spread rumors. Oh I have given used tire’s to people all the time to race, for free Fact.

So that they had to buy new tires or no longer race and your track.

Hello ,Hello John to computer racer again.
Listen to what your saying 6 tracks working together and pgs on the outside making them buy only goodyears but I am screwing my drivers that can race at any track in the state.Busted again the boys are out an I am loving it.Sorry for the humor. It was a no brainer.

That’s why you only have 40 a week on average showing up to race.:smilie_bett:[/QUOTE]
Since you know so much would you give me the lotto numbers this week.[/QUOTE]

Sorry John, I wasn’t making up the drilling holes in the used tires story.IT DID HAPPEN! The Bests couldn’t stand to have drivers coming from the rear to the front and winning week after week on used tires. And went crying to you. Because it was their championship and no one else could have it.

Rick you come on here and accuse desoto of drilling holes in tires? Where’s your proof? Funny how people say something bad about the pgs owner on here and it’s deleted. But people can spread lies about the desoto owner and that’s ok.

Okay , we’ve now heard from all three of John’s friends . Time to let this thread go away . Because it’s real reason for continuing is the inexplicable desire of track owners ( past and present ) to drive the number of hits that one of their posts receive .

:aetsch013:Maybe I am the 4th friend. John has a lot of friends in the racing world and outside racing. He has done a lot for the sport, and we all should be thankful for him and all the track owners as they try to hold on in these hard times. In school I read the book by Dale Carnegie, How to win friends and influence people. The main thing that I remember from the book was, that you did not tell a woman that her face would stop a clock, because you have really p----- her off. But if you tell her that her face would make time stand still, you have told her the same thing, but not made her mad. Maybe John did not read this, and this is why he gets under people’s skin sometimes.He tells them the truth whether they like it or not. John’s passion is racing, and if you talk to him, you will see this. Why do people bash John, because they can, not because he always deserves it. You don’t go to him on race days with your problems, he is busy with other things, like paying the drivers and doing office work. In the last two years, if you do not like what goes on at the track on sat. night, blame either Lil Johnny or myself, because we make the calls. Thanks for letting me sound off.

I was too lazy to read this whole post but the first time I went to desoto my boyfriend was confronted right in front of the office with officials standing everywhere and nothing was done to the person trying to harm us while we were picking up payout for a fast truck race and I noticed three officials just standing there watching. Another racer followed us out to the parking lot and told us that nothing was ever done to the man that confronted us.

WHY WOULD ANYONE RETURN TO A TRACK WHERE THE OFFICIALS STAND THERE AND LET GROWN MEN TRY TO FIGHT 17 YEAR OLD KIDS???

We have been back a few times but going to desoto is too much work for us and we have never raced there only helped friends.

John if TBARA made you the most money (and as you said, its not about the money) then why didnt you book us this year? What makes you think that we will come run your sprint series when you wont run TBARA and you tried to low ball the sprint cars this year with your new payout? You guys tried to cut our purse by threating us with you race with what i will pay you or dont come to our track, and looked what happen, we didnt take any of the dates.We are not losing money by having our cars sit in the shop, you are losing money by not having us there. I think you should try to give Mike Peters a call and ask him how to promote a race track. I will not support your winged sprint car race.

People buy and sell from people, and when you feel like someone is nickle and diming you every time you show up, they will no longer show and and pass your track for the next.

Ben Fritz
TBARA 16

I will also do my best not to get any other sprint car to race at your track under your name.

You are not helping sprint cars in this state by doing this.

Please tell me how the tracks cutting the purse on a series that makes them the most money is good and why we should return and support them?

Ben Fritz

Ben, All the asphalt sprint series have shot themselves in their own foot. Don’t blame the track owners for this. The best sprint racing in the state now is at Volusia and is not a series at all. The next is at East Bay and isn’t a series. I think you’ll be seeing the same at BRP soon, although that may be affiliated with the Top Gun series. Now if an asphalt track would offer the same payout as Volusia, would the asphalt sprints run at that track if it wasn’t a TBARA race? If you say yes, the next step is for the owners to step up and do it. If you say no, the series is the problem. What does the series offer that a track can’t offer on it’s own? It sure isn’t promotion. JMO

QUOTE=Jessica33;72676]I was too lazy to read this whole post but the first time I went to desoto my boyfriend was confronted right in front of the office with officials standing everywhere and nothing was done to the person trying to harm us while we were picking up payout for a fast truck race and I noticed three officials just standing there watching.

Jessica why didn’t you nock on the office door if you had a problem,I would have tryed to take care of it right then.I do the pay out at the window all of the time and now you say something,please if I don’t know I can’t help.I would hope if you were harmed you should call 911 because that’s what we pay them for,its just like going to the HESS station and some one trys to harm you you call 911, please let me know and I will help anytime.Thanks John

Another racer followed us out to the parking lot and told us that nothing was ever done to the man that confronted us.

Lets use some common sense here,there is allways three sides to a story yours,mine and the truth.If I am not standing there and don’t see it just like the police guess what you both go and a judge takes care of it ,again next time your here and show me who did this this to you and I will personally talk to the men who did this to you.Thanks again John.

WHY WOULD ANYONE RETURN TO A TRACK WHERE THE OFFICIALS STAND THERE AND LET GROWN MEN TRY TO FIGHT 17 YEAR OLD KIDS???

Chould you tell me the officals that were there so I can ask them what went on.

We have been back a few times but going to desoto is too much work for us and we have never raced there only helped friends.[/QUOTE]

Now that is a good one!!

I could not of said it any better. What happened to the day where racing was fun and your didn’t have to take a mortgage out to buy tires, radio’s, aluminum bodies and motors that are gosh only knows how much now…I remember going to the races with my family and the kids sat in the stands with mom and dad and his helper ( 1 or 2) were in the pits. If the drivers were not treated right, they loaded up and went home!! Can you see that happening now, good Lord the sun will never shine again in Florida…
I know times change but come on folks, let’s get back to racing where everyone can have fun and afford it. Tires for $350.00 a set in MMS back in the good old days was the most expensive thing going until Money and People with it spoiled that class… We use to have to qualifiy at race tracks to get into a race a Sunshine there were so many cars.
Let’s bring back the good ole days and have FUN racing. No more cars that cost you a mortgage…Enjoy racing and Be Safe :slight_smile:
Just my opinion..JPRACING45@AOL.COM
P.S. What about the race cars that were built in the back yards of homes or the garages???:confused: