Auburndale "rain out"

how about auburndale showing no loyalty to it’s weekly racers and canceling the races because they aren’t going to make any money when it’s not even raining. Ridiculous!

looks like the GUY that owns arbundale is getting like some of the other track owners … IF YOU DONT LIKE IT YOU DONT HAVE TO COME BACK…

IF HE CALLS THE RACE BECAUSE HE IS NOT GOING TO MAKE ANY MONEY ?

WHAT ABOUT THE TEAMS THAT TOWED OUT THERE TO SUPPORT HIM… ARE THEY GOING TO BE REINBURSED FOR THERE TIME AND GAS ???

JUST ANOTHER “GUY” TRYING TO KILL ANOTHER TRACK

Happy Father’s Day
This week 9 of our finest died in Afghanistan, 3 in Iraq. As a father I am blessed that all 3 of my children are still living. Somewhere in this nation Fathers (and mothers) are hurting from the 12 deaths and other deaths from these wars. Somewhere in this nation there are children that are hurting because they have loss their Fathers (and mothers) in these wars. Then there are people that did not get to race last night nor watch. However, you may have paid a small price. I am old would like to think wiser. After 45 years of being involved in racing starting as a fan to crew member to car owner and driver and then working at a track, have not seen people more bitter then now. I KNOW, THIS DOESN’T HAVE A THING TO DO WITH RACING!!!

Darren. You are very lucky. We all are fighting battles of our own. Some over seas and some right here at home. My oldest almost severed his right arms at the elbow and damn near bleed to death. He is at home now with us and we are just thankful he is still alive. We are blesses. Thank you for reminding us what is truly important. Family. Happy Fathers Day.

with all due respect to those who served and still. its not about that.

tow your car and team to the track unload and than told to load up and than unload… AND THAN TO GO HOME BECAUSE THE PROMOTER MIGHT LOSE MONEY…

HOW MUCH DOSES IT COST THE RACER ???

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS

[QUOTE=racer bob;77297]looks like the GUY that owns arbundale is getting like some of the other track owners … IF YOU DONT LIKE IT YOU DONT HAVE TO COME BACK…

IF HE CALLS THE RACE BECAUSE HE IS NOT GOING TO MAKE ANY MONEY ?

WHAT ABOUT THE TEAMS THAT TOWED OUT THERE TO SUPPORT HIM… ARE THEY GOING TO BE REINBURSED FOR THERE TIME AND GAS ???

JUST ANOTHER “GUY” TRYING TO KILL ANOTHER TRACK[/QUOTE]

…scratches head

How much money do think Rex should lose because your out the gas money it took to tow to his track?

Unless you live in Key west or GA-north, you’ve spent $100.00 tops to tow to Auburndale…

So how much do you think Rex should lose because you spent $100 to race one night?

I’m sure you will want to respond with ranting about this or that but please just respond with an actual number he should be willing to lose because YOU towed to the track…don’t lump every racer there into this because a RACER understands that these things happen. You and one other person have griped about this so we are at $200.00 tops. What’s your figure?

No Ranting And Raving ??? Just Facts

Its Not Our Business How Much He Loses Does He Tell You How Much He Made. What I Am Trying To Bring Out Thats There No Repect For The Teams.

Why Dont You Ask The Teams

That Were There What They Think .?

[QUOTE=racer bob;77385]No Ranting And Raving ??? Just Facts

Its Not Our Business How Much He Loses Does He Tell You How Much He Made. [/QUOTE]

Kind of sounds like a reciprocating relationship doesn’t it? Driver/Track = Track/Driver

So next time it “might” rain and people don’t tow to the track because they don’t want to be told to load up and go home… it doesn’t rain, they end up racing with even lower car counts. who won that deal?? the track? the racer? or the fan? probably all of them lost out.

Alan your right…there is no winner…only losers

Everyone thinks the track should sacrafice losses to make theoretical gaines…

Per the above “quote”…Allow me to flip the coin here for a moment…should the racetrack be allowed to tell a racer “I know you lost $1000 tonight to enjoy your hobby but you made $8000 this week on your contracting business???”

Can anyone on here tell me what track owner in FL (other than Bubba…which he’s proving now…) has another weekly income great enough to sustain the losses of a regular night of FL racing? We all know none of the pits are actually “packed” and the stands are never “packed” either…

In Case You Havent Noticed Most Contracting Business Are No Longer In Business…
They Could Have Ran The Show. Thats The Point Track = Business Racer = Customer Fan= Customer

Abuse Your Customers Maybe They Would Not Come Back…

I Belive That Happened To Another Track Here In Florida

Put In A Nut Shell " Thats The Risk A Owner Takes To Be In Business"

P.s. Thank God We Still Have Businesses Still Making Some Money And Have The Hobby Of Racing.

Treat Them Fair And With Some Respect

[QUOTE=racer bob;77407]In Case You Havent Noticed Most Contracting Business Are No Longer In Business…
They Could Have Ran The Show. Thats The Point Track = Business Racer = Customer Fan= Customer

Abuse Your Customers Maybe They Would Not Come Back…

I Belive That Happened To Another Track Here In Florida

Put In A Nut Shell " Thats The Risk A Owner Takes To Be In Business"

P.s. Thank God We Still Have Businesses Still Making Some Money And Have The Hobby Of Racing.

Treat Them Fair And With Some Respect[/QUOTE]

In case you haven’t noticed most short tracks are no longer in business either.
Track + Fan = Racer (We can do any equation you want, and they are ALL correct…)

Abuse your racetrack and they might say %^&$ it it’s not worth it anymore, and not open again…

Your correct, we no longer have Lakeland for this very reason…

Put in a nutshell, rain outs are a part of racing…They happen…Nobody wins, and losses are kept to a minimum for ALL parties involved…

P.S. Thank GOD we have racers and track owners still making enough money (by whatever means) to put on racing shows every Fri and Sat night…

Treat Them Fair And With Some Respect…It goes both ways, it’s not always all about you…

Its Not About Me Its About All Of Us.
Remember The Racers Are On Wheels And Can Go To Other Tracks,

Treat Them Fair And They Will Come And Come Back Again .
Business Is Not Easy If It Were Every One Would Be In Business And In Business Sometimes You Have To Take A Hit

I Hope The Point Was Well Taken Just Trying To Beleive It Or Not To Help.

[QUOTE=racer bob;77424]Its Not About Me Its About All Of Us.
Remember The Racers Are On Wheels And Can Go To Other Tracks,

Treat Them Fair And They Will Come And Come Back Again .
Business Is Not Easy If It Were Every One Would Be In Business And In Business Sometimes You Have To Take A Hit

I Hope The Point Was Well Taken Just Trying To Beleive It Or Not To Help.[/QUOTE]

Regardless where you go there is a chance it could rain there next weekend as well…

Do you really think there is a track owner in the state of FL that doesn’t know how to take a hit? Really?

“JUST ANOTHER “GUY” TRYING TO KILL ANOTHER TRACK”
Put yourself in his shoes…Would you take that well? Would you think this is someone just trying to help?

Not trying to beat you up, just trying to give you and others some insight to the other side of this story…

I Think It Was The Way It Was Done . We All Under Stand A Rainout .wish We Could Control The Rain We Make A Lot Of Money

Have A Nice Day

Been a while since "trouble maker Tuna’ has been in one of these discussions so I guess its time. Tim, we had trouble in the past, we seemed to get past it, glad we did. But i would just like to ask you a question, seeing how you and Boney seem to be the biggest authorities on how to run a race track. What track do you/have you owned? And please explain to all of us, how is this new attitude that you two think is so great, you know, this “If you don’t like it, go someplace else”, how is that working out? When I look at car counts and fan attendance it seems a LOT of people have taken your advice. I for one used to go to NSS and OSW EVERY week, I’d get to Orlando, no rain but it would be called off, cloud in the sky or ten min shower at 6:00 P.M. I said to hell with it, I’m tired of driving to Orlando just to come back home and have to wear my sunglasses both ways. I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again, the tracks attitude toward the fans and owners better change or there wont be any fans or owners coming to the tracks. I know Tim, you said it 100 times, racing is a business, thats the only reason they own the tracks, I suggest they’re in the wrong business. Funny thing, we never hear about all the sponsorship $ the tracks get wether they race or not? And don’t come out with your standard answer every time someone disagrees with you, “Give me some proof”. I’m not proving anything to you thats obvious to everyone else. You’re a nice guy Tim, but you need to open your eyes and think for yourself, you’re allowing yourself to be brainwashed. Oh, one more question, by closing the track because youre gonna lose money, I believe the payments continue, the taxes continue, what about the food you bought, do you re-freeze it? These expenses and others continue wether you race or not.

There’s a lot to address there so I’ll try,

I am not an authority when it comes to anything to do with racing. I would however consider myself experienced when it comes to issues that I speak of. I have not or ever will own a racetrack. Glad we have other people that are willing.

“If you don’t like it, go someplace else” You own a pest control company, I’m sure you’ve had customers tell you another company is offering twice the service for half the price(for instance)…and their bitter when they have to pay you. At that point you have to do the same thing the track is doing…What I really think this statement means is if you think the grass on the other side is so much greener, go eat some, I’ll leave the gate open for you to come back and I hope you do.

“the tracks attitude toward the fans and owners better change or there wont be any fans or owners coming to the tracks.”
I believe all tracks are understanding more that they are going to have to reach out to past, present and future racers/fans to improve their business rather than create a schedule and open the gates. Egos belong in racecars, not in owners or their officials. Racers and fans make up the show, officials are there to ensure level competition and maintain the evenings schedule. Their not there to be racing “cops”, their there to ensure everyone has a good time and deliver what was promised.

“Oh, one more question, by closing the track because youre gonna lose money, I believe the payments continue, the taxes continue, what about the food you bought, do you re-freeze it? These expenses and others continue wether you race or not.”

Those costs are real, plus you have the employees that came in you have pay. The racers that paid to come in the back gate get to come back next week with their armband, so that’s money not coming next week. Those bills have to be paid again next weekend. Now the rain comes, maybe not over the racetrack, but everywhere around it. Was it enough to keep half the fans and racers at home? Nobody knows…but when they decide to race, throw anywhere from $6-15,000 on top of those bills depending on the show. It’s not like an hourly job where you know what your going make per hour, or a contract job that you know what your going to make and its up to you to control your cost to profit. Every racetrack can guesstimate what their fan count and car count will be with good weather on a typical night. Throw in some weather that could potentially cut their income in half? With the situation that most racetracks are in right now with cars and fans, it makes the decision to rain out far more common. If we want this sport to survive we are all going to have to tough it out till things get better. I do see tracks try to reach out more than I have in the past.

I understand that in a great world you do everything you can to prove to the fans and racers that you will do everything possible to race. But how long does that take? Is that what would happen? It would take serious money to test that theory and I don’t see anyone with that kind of money to gamble. Even with Bubba’s vast resources, all the money in the world can’t fix a dirttrack with too much rain at the ninth hour.

Pure and simple…rain outs hurt everyone…

Hope this answers your questions.

[QUOTE=racer bob;77438]I Think It Was The Way It Was Done . We All Under Stand A Rainout .wish We Could Control The Rain We Make A Lot Of Money

Have A Nice Day[/QUOTE]

HEY GUYS READ YHE QUOTE AGAIN.

Just a ideal here and I really think you could find one track owner to go along with the deal.
A group of people (unhappy racers, car owners, crew members and fans) form a small company and lease a track for the rest of the year. Pay them the same amount every month. Run the track your way. Make money, lose money. Treat the racers how you think it sure be done. Make tech decisions, fight the weather, set the purse, what you think is fair, clean the restrooms, cut the grass, fix grandstands, clean and work the track, do things on Saturday night yourselves. If the people of the company do not want to do the dirty work, hire someone. The amount you pay the track owner will be the same as if you would be paying mortgage and taxes. Maybe this is what Bubba did, got some investors together and brought Ocala. As I told my collage grad nephew several years ago when he said that he thought the Iraq War was the right thing to do, I said to him, “go sign up, don’t let other people bleed for you.” He didn’t sign up. However, if you are not happy with the way things are done then do it yourself. Or you can come on here and complain all you want and nothing will change. It would be cheating to complain.

Maybe it’s time to rethink the racing season. We all realize that the possibility of rain on any given day in June,July, and August is pretty good, plus it’s HOTTER THAN HELL. Lets race from Sept thru May, with some time off for the holidays in December, (this would give everyone a short mid-season break) plus the weather is cooler. We could all spend time with our families and kids, if we have any, when school is out for the summer. Just a thought guys.