Auburndale "rain out"

I’ll bet it they would’ve offered to cut the purse and raced everybody would’ve gone away happy… Just sayin…:ernaehrung004:

Well maybe not. That would’ve just given everybody somethin else to bitch about ! Alot of people just live to bitch about somethin…:sport009:

Legends…maybe if they did what you suggest they would go away bitching about the cut in pay???..again, this is an opposite theory of yours…i would love for it to be your way though…

I post on this forum not to defend the 98% of die hard racers we have, but to separate the wanna be 2% from the 98% die hard racers we enjoy every week…

Racer Bob…I get it…hopefully they learn from this and change their tact…

Tim is my new HERO !

Point IS no one put a gun the is owner want to be to buy this track or anyother track owner. If he had that low a car count last week. Just wait till this weekend. Either open it and race or close it and lock it up for good! Don’t play games with the fans and racers.

Sat in the pits many times praying that it would rain so i could call the races. The coust of a bad croud in bad weather is tough on the track. You could loose every thing you might make for 6 races. Now for years the track owner had to hold off for it to rain then he could get out of that bad night. If it didnt rain you took your hit and shut your mouth. If you didnt do that the races cars and fans would stop comming if there was a cloud in the sky.
A track owner has a 2 headed monster… ! the fan who wants to see a good and timely show and the racer that only cares about his race and car. If you mix them up thats when you get in trouble.

Tim and Rick your both right from each side of the track.
boy i dont miss that part.

Don 62

Rick I agree, all these theories, bottom line, what they’re doing now, and I don’t mean Auburndale alone, is NOT WORKING. I’m told I don’t race so am not allowed to comment, I’m called a liar and god knows what, all because I speak my mind. Some of these owners are so near sighted it amazes me. I guarantee if they drive the way they run a race track they go down the highway with their eyes locked on the bumper directly in front of them, just like some of the tracks are being run, thinking about today only with no thought of the future. I dont even know who owns Auburndale but I guarantee at least 1 or 2 drivers that showed up probably will never show up again, but hell, the attitude is “If they don’t like it, screw them, they can go someplace else”. The drivers (Not all but more and more of them) fight constantly, want to kill tech, each other, when in fact its the owner/promoter they should go after. I’ve said it before, the tech guys have a boss, period. Some guy, that technically isn’t even a tech guy, he simply runs the scales, a mob starts shoving him, what a fun sport, sure makes others want to join in. So I don’t blame the track owners alone, its also the car owners and drivers. (some of them) Have I complained about tech? You bet your ass!! But not the tech guys, its their boss who makes the rules and tough calls. Why are their less and less fans? Because there’s no show, I still go occasionally because I miss the fun it used to be soo bad, but everytime I go, I can’t wait for it to be over, 5-6 cars average per race, sorry, doesnt interest me, but I didn’t like it so I do something else. Look at the truck series, 5-6 trucks tops? Why, I wont go there today, but I guarantee its not my fault. I personally have 2-3 friends with super stocks that used to be front runners, another trying to build a super stock but can’t afford it, so screw them right, let them do something else! They are! Now they have to buy new tires, whats that all about? The show was just as good when they ran take-offs, thats the owner thinking about today not the future. A frikking super stock, to be competitive almost has to spend at least $400 a night to buy a couple tires average, (Some buy 4 weekly) gas, entry fee and some owners like to help pay entry fee for the people helping them. Something must be done about costs, people, average people, can’t afford it. Oh I know, its a hobby, if they can’t afford it let them buy a boat!! Anyhow , I have no idea why I’m wasting my breath, everyone said before this season started how great and differant it was going to be. Now the problem is all the negativity, thats a new one. Oh, and Tim, you said If I have customers come to me and say they found someone that will do the service for 1/2 what I charge I probably say go ahead and good luck, ill be here if you want to come back. Thats close, but know what, I help them, I tell them I will take payments, I prove I give better service at a cheaper price and guarantee to beat all competitors written estimate for the same service. So no Tim, the attitude does NOT exist at my company that if they don’t like it they can go someplace else.

It’s ridiculous…

To think that this message board makes or breaks short track racing is ridiculous…We’ve been reading all the advice for years . The owners have read it all. They are going to do whatever they want and they have that right. if they make the right choices, they will survive hopefully. It isnt always what “THEY” do or dont do. Sometimes they dont have control. The main problem now is the economy. Some promoters, drivers, fans have been lucky to make it thru these hard times. others not so lucky. Obviously a track owner doesnt WANT to lose their track…
very seldom do ppl come on here and praise a track owner. :wink: but let them make one mistake and the thread goes on for weeks. :wink: I guess thats just the nature of the beast.
carol

To assume and then say that this is the general response to any racer or fan with a problem at a racetrack is absolutely misleading. There’s always a story or circumstances behind that statement ever being said to anyone.

Who makes racers buy tires every week?

I am sure one of you unhappy people will let us know if the crowd and car count at Auburndale is bad this coming Sat. night, as you claim it will be. Also I take it that 20 of you unhappy people have $2500.00 each to invest in renting a track. That $50,000. I am sure that each of the 20 would have a non-racing fan that would love to invest $2500. also in a money making venture like this. Now we are up to $100,000 to put a deposit now, and have operating money set aside. I think you might be surprise and how many Florida tracks call your group. May even fight over you. I watched 3 races on tv this past Sunday. Nascar, IRL and a dirt race on CBS. The dirt track race was the best. Yet, none, none of the stands were filled at any of these races. Wonder why? I think it would be safe to say the money they made was due to being on tv.

[QUOTE=Darren;77558]I am sure one of you unhappy people will let us know if the crowd and car count at Auburndale is bad this coming Sat. night, as you claim it will be. Also I take it that 20 of you unhappy people have $2500.00 each to invest in renting a track. That $50,000. I am sure that each of the 20 would have a non-racing fan that would love to invest $2500. also in a money making venture like this. Now we are up to $100,000 to put a deposit now, and have operating money set aside. I think you might be surprise and how many Florida tracks call your group. May even fight over you. I watched 3 races on tv this past Sunday. Nascar, IRL and a dirt race on CBS. The dirt track race was the best. Yet, none, none of the stands were filled at any of these races. Wonder why? I think it would be safe to say the money they made was due to being on tv.[/QUOTE] Frankly I would like to know HOW MANY CARS were there this past weekend. I know in the spring it was about 50 or less cars. Did he say what the magic number is he has ti get to, to race?

Darren…

[QUOTE=Darren;77476]Just a ideal here and I really think you could find one track owner to go along with the deal.
A group of people (unhappy racers, car owners, crew members and fans) form a small company and lease a track for the rest of the year. Pay them the same amount every month. Run the track your way. Make money, lose money. Treat the racers how you think it sure be done. Make tech decisions, fight the weather, set the purse, what you think is fair, clean the restrooms, cut the grass, fix grandstands, clean and work the track, do things on Saturday night yourselves. If the people of the company do not want to do the dirty work, hire someone. The amount you pay the track owner will be the same as if you would be paying mortgage and taxes. Maybe this is what Bubba did, got some investors together and brought Ocala. As I told my collage grad nephew several years ago when he said that he thought the Iraq War was the right thing to do, I said to him, “go sign up, don’t let other people bleed for you.” He didn’t sign up. However, if you are not happy with the way things are done then do it yourself. Or you can come on here and complain all you want and nothing will change. It would be cheating to complain.[/QUOTE]

I could not agree with you more and i love your suggestion about signing up and not letting someone else lose their blood for you. :aktion033:
All talkers and no doers on here. Been like that for the 12-13 yrs. ive been here. well not all but most!
carol

Really have no ideal how many cars were there, I did not count them. Drove from Tampa to be there. His thinking about car count has nothing to do with my ideal.

Tim and Carol

[QUOTE=Tim;77549]To assume and then say that this is the general response to any racer or fan with a problem at a racetrack is absolutely misleading. There’s always a story or circumstances behind that statement ever being said to anyone.

Who makes racers buy tires every week?[/QUOTE]
Tim, please read this before you reply. I’m saying the general attitude has become “If you dont like it, go someplace else”. You basically said thats what I do when a customer says he found a cheaper service. That is not correct, I do not and I suggest every attempt be made to keep cars you have, if after you try, I.E. talk with them, listen to them and if you can’t help correct the problem, then ok, let them go. BUT, I’m sensing a general feeling that “If they don’t like it, they can leave” I simply said thats NOT right and its NOT working. As far as tires, show me where I said anyone MAKES anyone buy tires? Where did I say that? So youre implying if you race you don’t have to buy tires??, or are you saying go to the throw away pile and find some?? I said in order to be competitive you have to buy at least 2 tires a week as compared to buying or using takeoffs. This did not improve the competition, it only was done to increase income for the track and plays into the hands of the competitors with the $. But heck, if you can’t afford it, go home right? So now we sell probably as many or a few more tires but have 1/2 the cars which = 1/2 the fans, 1/2 the concessions and 1/2 the number of people that might of been, or were sponsors of the track or cars. Maybe thats good business, but not where I come from.
Carol, I’m sorry if discussing these problems, or if someone doesnt agree with someone else upsets you, then why do you read it? After all, unless I’m mistaken, I believe this IS a discussion board. Sorry I do not agree with everything that goes on at the track, I’m man enough to say whats on my mind.Trust me Carol, I get pm all the time from people that agree with me, its just that most don’t dare say so for fear of being teched out of the place. And unlike some on here I do not take private PM to the public forum. I’m not afraid of that, I can say what I feel. Because I do not agree doesn’t mean I hate you or anyone else but I just recommend if what I say offends you or anyone else then when you see my name don’t read it or put me on your ignore list, thats what its for, you will not offend me.

Tuney

dont be gettin all defensive. i said over 12-13 yrs. have only been reading yours for one yr. it was a general statement. of course you are entitled to your opinions whether we agree or not. i agree with alot of what you say… so chill out. read it again. your name never came up…
carol

[QUOTE=tunaman;77577]Tim, please read this before you reply. I’m saying the general attitude has become “If you dont like it, go someplace else”. You basically said thats what I do when a customer says he found a cheaper service. That is not correct, I do not and I suggest every attempt be made to keep cars you have, if after you try, I.E. talk with them, listen to them and if you can’t help correct the problem, then ok, let them go. BUT, I’m sensing a general feeling that “If they don’t like it, they can leave” I simply said thats NOT right and its NOT working. As far as tires, show me where I said anyone MAKES anyone buy tires? Where did I say that? So youre implying if you race you don’t have to buy tires??, or are you saying go to the throw away pile and find some?? I said in order to be competitive you have to buy at least 2 tires a week as compared to buying or using takeoffs. This did not improve the competition, it only was done to increase income for the track and plays into the hands of the competitors with the $. But heck, if you can’t afford it, go home right? So now we sell probably as many or a few more tires but have 1/2 the cars which = 1/2 the fans, 1/2 the concessions and 1/2 the number of people that might of been, or were sponsors of the track or cars. Maybe thats good business, but not where I come from.
Carol, I’m sorry if discussing these problems, or if someone doesnt agree with someone else upsets you, then why do you read it? After all, unless I’m mistaken, I believe this IS a discussion board. Sorry I do not agree with everything that goes on at the track, I’m man enough to say whats on my mind.Trust me Carol, I get pm all the time from people that agree with me, its just that most don’t dare say so for fear of being teched out of the place. And unlike some on here I do not take private PM to the public forum. I’m not afraid of that, I can say what I feel. Because I do not agree doesn’t mean I hate you or anyone else but I just recommend if what I say offends you or anyone else then when you see my name don’t read it or put me on your ignore list, thats what its for, you will not offend me.[/QUOTE]

I’m being asked to answer questions from a person that goes to one track once a month tops that proclaims to know everything that’s going on in the pits and stands week to week at every race track in the state of Florida…I’ll pass…

My new signature says it all…Please understand I have a compassion for the people with track problems and will do my best to help bridge the gap so that they understand and continue their racing dream…others…WELL!!!..If you just post to stir the $hit to keep seeing your name on a forum, I’m just going to call you on it…

And for the record Tuna(Don), you can call Kim @ NSS and ask her…I asked for your number on Saturday because I has some bug problems in my beach rentals…but then I thought about all the nice things you had said to me about my gene pool and parents being such losers thru your pm’s and I thought…hmmmm, I wrote a $1,800 check to someone else gladly for the year…He was done in 4 hours and I probably won’t see him again till next year…You definately know what your doing!!!

Tim, Tim, Tim… what in the hell was going through your mind when you even considered hooking this piece of work up with a nice service contract???

I thought the days of the phychedelic drugs were WAY behind you…!

And P.S.to Tim… Next time you have this come up, I have family in Daytona that will take care of your needs. I’ll make sure you get treated right…