Jack is gone...

our thoughts and prayers go out to the Smiths in this time, Jack was a good man that did alot for the racing community, he will be missed but not forgotten. God speed…R.I.P. Jack

To all of Jack’s friends and most importantly his family, God bless you in this time of trouble. I think we are all better off for having had him as a friend and I for one hope I can continue his passion of the sport forward from this day in his honor. Just knowing that he is in a better place gives me a little comfort.

Michael Fettig
Action Shots Photography

While I never knew or met Jack, I have a heavy heart t this time. He definately added a lot to racing in Florida. I have come to know some of his friends and my heart goes out to all of them and their families.

Rip

To the wonderful GOD that took Jack this morning, Thank You for taking care of him for all of us and his beautiful wife and children. Knowing how much comfort he is going to be in makes me know that he is now resting with no pain.
Hey Jack, let us know when you have your first race. Rest my friend. Always
Joanne and Paul Lucas
jpracing45

From everyone at FASCAR, our thoughts and prayers are with the Smith family at this time. Thanks to the Smith family for the sacrifices you all have made over the years so Jack could work to make the Florida racing community a better place.

We’ve lost a lot of good 'uns this year - Donnie Tanner, Larry Brazil, Larry Moyer, Scarborough…and now Jack. While I only met Jack one time at the 2008 Modified Reunion, I could tell he was a fun guy and loved the sport of short track racing to help put on that event with Jerry and Carol. It’s always sad to lose someone, but to lose someone that really cared about the sport…makes it that much harder.

My condolences to Jack’s family. Maybe we’ll meet again some day :wink:

Jimmy McKinley

RIP Jack. Nothing more can be said.

R.I.P Jack you are going to me missed.
Our Thoughts and Prayers go out to the Family.

Gary Laplant and Family

Im so lost for words with the Passing of Jack Smith, Right now words just seem cheap.Rest In Peace Jack Smith as you have help out so many and have help Florida Racing more then anyone ever has. God Speed Jack and to the family of Jack Smith Im so sorry for your lost but we are all here for you if you need us.

Craig
FFS

Liner notes…

Hey Jack…you’d better tuck that ponytail up under your hat when you’re walking up to the gates…or at least try flashin’ em’ your press credentials. They just might let you slip right by, man.
You’ll be in some good company around there and I’ll bet the bench racin’ is going to be epic. I just hope you don’t crash the server up there while trying to write them all up as stories for tomorrow’s front page.

Jack, my prayers are with the family members you are leaving behind and hopefully they can take some solace in the fact that you made such a positive impact on so many people in the short time you were involved in racing. Not many people can match what you’ve done for racing and the racer’s themselves.
You have your legacy and you will be remembered well.
Thank you, Smith family, for sharing Jack with us for a while.

So Rest In Peace, Jack.
No more pain for you or the worries of this crazy life.
You’ve won your race.

And, hopefully, we’ll all get to see you again when we finally pass tech.

Matt Thornton

RIP Jack… I am so very sorry to hear that Jack has passed but happy at the same time, as his suffering in the last time of his life is gone. Some of us know just what misery Jack and his loving family went through. Jack, we pray that you are well and hope you make it through those darn gates…

ROFLMAO…

To Jack’s Family I am sorry for your loss, if there is anything that I can possibly do to help you and the family please call, write, or just plain yell…

While Jack may not have gotten along with everyone, we ALL give a whole big damn about one of our own passing. No matter who we are, we as racers can never know or understand what Jack has done to help Florida Racing.

Hope to hear that everyone whether active or passive on this site at a track this weekend at least once this week so we can all salute one of our own in passing.

To all the rest of us… Lets make this weekend a great one for Florida racing…

Jack thanks for starting karnac and giving us racers and fans a place we could come to when we wanted to decuss short track racing in florida.
I know this time isn’t easy for the friends and family but remember Jack is in a much better place and he suffers no more. Jack I will see you again one day when it is my turn to walk through the gates of heaven. god bless you and your family Jack.

Skip honaker

Very sad to hear this news. Jack filled a need here in Florida with THE best web-site that covers our local racing news. It was through this site that I had been given opportunities that I would never have had without him. It was Jack that got me on a microphone for the first time (one of the radio shows), and talked me through the nervousness ( I was damn near sick) to be able to speak for about 2 hours on a mic. This gave me the courage to put together my passion, the Modified Reunion. Talking to a crowd was something I never would have gotten through without him. On top of that, he hauled all the equipment to the first 2 Reunions… at least a 3 hour drive each way… just to support my efforts. I will always be grateful to him for that.

He also set me up with Karnac credentials to cover some out-of-town races. Jack & Karnac are not only known in Florida, but they are recognized in Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, as well as New York. This speaks volumes for the man he was, and the work he did.

But the biggest thing Jack gave me… was all of YOU. I can’t count how many friendships I have throughout the state, that would not… could not… happen if it wasn’t for this site.

Jack and I had our share of screaming matches, but far more often, we had a heartfelt handshake, and a respect for what each other stood for. We’re both passionate people about our sport, and that mattered more than anything else.

The world is a better place because of Jack Smith. I will never forget him, and will always appreciate his contributions to our sport. He will be missed greatly. Best Wishes to his family and friends. We all lost a good man…

Thank you Jack for your work to start and continue this site. I’ve only talked to Jack a couple of times,but I have made many friends through this site. For that,the legacy will last. Thank you again

Three years ago today I lost my Best Friend…I miss you Brother…

Wow…

Has it really been three years already?

RIP Jack

It is odd that in these 3 years, no one has taken over as the next Jack Smith. Our local sport would benefit if we had a ground-breaker like Jack was.

Oh yeah, and I miss our debates.

Carry on brother

You are the man to fill in the gap . :huepfen024:

Tribute to Jack!

http://youtu.be/rd7up7ff9QA

Tribute 2 for Jack!

http://youtu.be/6yiu72Em5CI