Wayne wins Rex does not like it

… “the credibility of the spec engine program in florida, which has worked fine for at least 10 years now” …

Don’t know if I can agree with that. It killed Speedweeks, it hurt most everyone else, and how often does any other engine than a Progressive win a race? It worked great for that 1 company, but now, to win a race, you almost have to have a Progressive.

I don’t know if I’d call that working fine.

Not allowing other engine builders in doesn’t seem right. If Koury can build a motor within the specs of the rulebook, why shouldnt he be allowed to build and sell them? It would be great if he could build an equal piece at a better price. He does build some great Dirt motors.

You want to eliminate all this nit-picky crap with the engines? THROW OUT TIME TRIALS. If these guys had to RACE their way into their starting positions, they’d need to worry more about handling than outright speed. Too many asphalt shows, especially Late Models, already have the race script written after qualifying. Same old story… fast time, sits on pole, leads every lap… repeat.

As a fan, it gets old.

The Governors Cup is the only race in Florida, other than the Snowball, that should run Time Trials. Heat races for anything 100 laps or less. Give us a show, and a decent format, and we will find out who the RACERS are.

Ther’s a big difference between a racer, and someone who just drives fast

One question…what engine was Anthony Campi running?..when Wayne refused what was Anthony requested to do? He WAS the winner at that point?

This is in no way against Anthony at ALL…He’s a great kid that I truely enjoy watching race…

Thanks for those of you who support my stand. I felt that no matter what we did- take motor- leave motor we would not prevail. So rather than spending the night taking the motor out, trying to get it back, wondering when I would get it back I decided to cut my losses and go home.
I would not speend $2215 to race if I thought there was ANY chance of a dq.
In my opinon there was no way the powers at be there would pay us.
I have been a crew chief or owner since 1971 I have run 1000’s of races with only 2 dqs. Any one that thinks I cheat is mistaken.Some times you are not going beat city hall.

Edited due to politics…

Thanks John. Call me when you get a chance.

Chin up Tom!!! Lesson learned the hard way…as always, you were a man, took your licks and will move on…hope we don’t lose you over this…

Polesitter thank you…again this race was promoted and ran by FUP rules…until tech???

Edited due to politics…

I think there were more than just 3 approved builders for the FUPS series.
I am done posting now because I think it is time to talk to my lawyer
John I understand. thanks for verifying the seals were correct and legal.You cannot beat the TRUTH.

Thanks Jim Fenton and the Wescott family for a great race.

John, is “edited due to politics” the same as the 5th? LOL!

This just keeps getting better…can anyone smell the stinch in the air here??? Still waiting to here if Campi (Progressive…cough…cough) (no offense Anthony) was asked to pull his motor??? Not sure where they were gonna send it considering Cope and CRE don’t have Dyno’s…But Koury DOES!!!

I’m not going to stop if the parties that be are wondering…waiting on a post that take my restricters off…

well does anyone have a copy of the rulebook? would are the guide lines in said rulebook as to this particular issue. in thoery that should clear up the questions,right?

fups rules

http://auburndaleracing.com/docs/2011%20FLORIDA%20UNITED%20PROMOTERS%20LATE%20MODEL%20SERIES%20RULES.pdf

here is the Fups rules that are listed on Auburndale speedway’s website.

I am going back to my seat to see how this one unfolds, good luck to everyone involved.

Exactly, it doesn’t have an approved builder…unless I missed it…

No posts were deleted or edited by the admin in either of these posts.

Maybe Rex is just tired of his son getting his a$$ kicked all the time. Kinda sounds like the guy that owns a track in Sarasota. Makes one wonder ?

Just run Michigan rules no motor rules other than cast iron heads and treaded tires. But I forgot you’all think your Nascar.

Just

for the record Jimmy does have a dyno.

Did not dyno just checked all #'s crank, pistons ,cam ect checked out aok- A#1.legal by Brian at Progressive.Hyfam llc dba Auburndale speedway did not follow thier own rules. I was guilty until proven innocent.Seal #'s were approved for FUPS use I have proof of everthing I post. No he said he said,just facts.

Tom, you really should of pulled the motor at the track, I know u said you guys were tired from the long weekend, but if you would have done it at the track, you would have added a lot of credibility to your case?? And 5 grand to your pocket. It just dosent make a lot of sence?? Glad to hear it was ok…

You guys are most likely right but as my late mother told me hindsight is always 20-20.
And I still feel the motors seals should never been in question.
Us hard headed dutch people are hard to convince.
mini racer 26 you are quite correct!