Benjie Mills

Benjie never became a household name in motor sports, but those who had the good fortune to be associated with him will forever be thankful for all the wisdom and humor he shared with all of us. I met Benjie when he was 10 years old and I went to races with his family. He knew then he would be a driver one day. He did drive skeeters and sprints but never had the $$$ to advance his career. He then became a pit crewman and looked and learned. He had good tutors in the Smiths of Fl. and the Stapps in Ind. He then shared his knowledge with some very good sprint drivers such as Stanbrough, Christian and Tobin and others I am not aware of. Benjie was always willing to share his knowledge with those willling to listen and probably played a significant role in the development of my sons career early on in go karts, the key being my son listened. In the past few years we were blessed to have Benjie go to a few races with us and Lord knows he shortened the drive with his humorous story telling. Suffice it to say you will be sorely missed by us all and we are thankful for the part of your life we were with you. GOD SPEED old friend.