Desoto Open Sportsman race March 31

[SIZE=“5”]Thats right where going back in time only at Desoto Super Speedway.[/SIZE]

All Cars must weigh 1350 right side
8’’ rims
Hoosier 650 rightside
Hoosier 450 left side
2 barrel carb.

I don’t care if you have 5 links, 600 hp motors ,Nasa shocks ,rocket power, fiberglass bodies,cams ect,thats all of the rules above.This will tell who’s who about racing at Desoto Super Speedway.

All heat races, all of the fast cars will start in the back no sand bagging,I know who the fast ones are.Its all about the show and fans.

Pays $400.00 to win,25 laps and if this works I am going to change our whole racing program for the fans.

So now every car in Florida can race sporstman no excuses,Be there.

NO phone calls on this race only at Desoto Super Speedway

I hope this works as it could be very creative and crazy.

Nice one, John. Gotta give the people what they want, and no group has been asking for open races more than the sportsman drivers. There is no way to please them all; some will still be crabbing about tires and the pay, but hopefully the racers will respond and fill your pit area.

[QUOTE=x90 John Sarppraicone;99836][SIZE=“5”]Thats right where going back in time only at Desoto Super Speedway.[/SIZE]

8’’ rims
Hoosier 650 rightside
Hoosier 450 left side
2 barrel carb.

I don’t care if you have 5 links, 600 hp motors ,Nasa shocks ,rocket power, fiberglass bodies,cams ect,thats all of the rules above.This will tell who’s who about racing at Desoto Super Speedway.

All heat races, all of the fast cars will start in the back no sand bagging,I know who the fast ones are.Its all about the show and fans.

Pays $400.00 to win,25 laps and if this works I am going to change our whole racing program for the fans.

NO phone calls on this race only at Desoto Super Speedway[/QUOTE]

Sounds good to me, only a fan now, but I will be there for sure…

Nice, something different. It may or may not work but its worth a shot. If I had a car I would be there.

It doesn’t say anything about “full-bodied”'or “full-fendered”.

Theoretically, couldn’t you run a Modified…???

Wow I love it. That should bring the cars out that dont fit anywhere with todays over use of rules. HMMMMM’ a sprint car with 1000 lbs of lead with the wings would still be a rocketship around that place. But so would a dirt late model with side boards, Oh the possibilities.

Patrick Thomas 25

One last question, why call it an open competition Sportsman race. Why not call it an open competition race, oh yeah because the guy’s that would run an open competition race would not race a 25 lap race for $400 to win. Well maybe that will give an actual Sportsman guy a chance to win, well see, I think I can come up with some pretty off the wall stuff for pretty cheap, and can push the envelope pretty far. Hmmmm what to do.

Patrick Thomas 25

[QUOTE=x90 John Sarppraicone;99836][SIZE=“5”]Thats right where going back in time only at Desoto Super Speedway.[/SIZE]

8’’ rims
Hoosier 650 rightside
Hoosier 450 left side
2 barrel carb.

I don’t care if you have 5 links, 600 hp motors ,Nasa shocks ,rocket power, fiberglass bodies,cams ect,[SIZE=“4”]thats all of the rules above[/SIZE].This will tell who’s who about racing at Desoto Super Speedway.

Per his words any type car qualifies. as long as you meet the above stated rules. THis should be interesting.

I will be there! Hope I can find a steering box before then!

You might see some pretty wide cars

I posted in another thread but I’ll follow up here. I hope this works. It could be interesting. This is the first original idea I’ve heard from a Florida asphalt race promoter in a long time. Good luck.

It has been too long ago that I ran the Hoosier, I’m hoping those 650 and 450 series tires are rock hard. That takes all that HP out of the picture and puts it in chassis and driver. Ran late model under similiar rules in Ohio, good racing and tires could be run 6 to 8 nights without times falling off. Sure hope guys try this, makes for good racing and the father son team on a open trailer has the same chance of winning as the 6 man crew , rolling in with their stacker trailer, pit cart and golf cart.

john will be there with 5 sportsman cars

8’’ rims
Hoosier 650 rightside
Hoosier 450 left side
2 barrel carb.

if 20 sportsman type cars show this means full bodied with #1PLUG INLINE OR AHEAD OF BALL JOINT I will add $500 BE SPLIT EVENLY 10th on back if they put on an outlaw sportsman decal. for the guy who needs a steering box email me I have one you can borrow lets put on a show that fans will get excited about and lets have some fun for a change

Its hard for me to hate on this even considering the source. You will need some guidelines on wings sideboards and spoilers but other than that this is what needs to happen. I ran this by at PGS but it never got past the talking stages. lets do it.

o h yeah and let em run 4bbls just because

i have one and in the process of installing it. I will be there if nothing major comes up. Thanks again Woody!

The 650 is a soft tire and the 450 is a softer tire…:frowning:
-JIM-

Tire rule should be a durometer and size rule. run what ya brung. Yes make em hard.

put your money where it will help racers

you raced against us one time @ orlando we had a new car with a driver that had never been on the track he was running last and you ran into the right rear and spun him into the wall. and that made you quit racing??? from what I hear you have done your share of crashing. why dont you give someone The $200 so they make it to the race and try and beat us. put your money where it will help racing I did