Desoto Open Sportsman race March 31

[QUOTE=Rick Anges;100264]Jerry why not let the people who are thinking about actually running a car in this ask the questions?
[/QUOTE]
He only races forklifts…lol
For years once a year we would run a sportsman race that sad bring your track rules. Made a few rules that everyone had to meet. Weight Tires and carb. The first time it was done was at Desoto in 85 and the race was great. top 3 were from miami stpete and tampa. It was a coo;l race.
Hope it works out for John… it was easy to do back then. There were no online experts back then just fans and racers.
don62

That’s true…

…but back then the promoters and owners did a 100% better job also.

So I’d say it’s kind of a wash.

It’s hard to blame the internet while using it to get your point across…just sayin’…

Ostentacious Jones

And…

…if I needed to know the finishing order for the 1987 Forktruck Nationals in Tulsa, Okla…I know that I could ask my friend, Frasson, and get the correct answer. He could also tell me if there was a big stink about the new rules involving the use of a synthetic hydraulic fluid in their drivetrains and finally the venue where the race was run…

…cuz…well…Jerry’s the Man!

lets add up all the racecar drivers in the state of Florida including champkarts (they seem to bring in just as many on a Saturday night as any other class) and then count the number of people that post on here. guess you better let the online experts give their opinions and ask questions or just close this board down.

[QUOTE=Osmosis Jones;100352]…but back then the promoters and owners did a 100% better job also.

So I’d say it’s kind of a wash.

It’s hard to blame the internet while using it to get your point across…just sayin’…

Ostentacious Jones[/QUOTE]

You win that one.
If it wasent for this board i would not be able to pick on Jerry and as they say his lugnuts.

don62

Hello 3 of us “Yankees” will be coming down to race. Don’t know which one of the 5 cars I’ll be in but am looking forward to a good time. This race has a lot of potential if it can get the support of the drivers in the south. The original intent was to allow “All” sportsman cars to race with out having to make a bunch of changes the tracks have many different rules and this limits the pool of cars to draw from. As far as cheated up or illegal cars when we originally started running these cars we built them in Florida with people from the local area and knew we would not comply with all the tracks but have added weight at several tracks we raced at. As far as the Dq’s go they knew we were going to be light but we made an effort to comply but were unable to get enough lead to meet the weight but felt it was better to race then to load up and leave only 2 or 3 cars now is that really a race? And finally I can tell you this we have never been thrown out of or not asked to return to any track we have raced at in fact all of the tracks have invited us back and always ask when we are coming back. Not afraid to say who I am Lee Weldy NH Driver

And im sure the tracks will be happy to have you back

don62

Well it appears John did not have an original thought. Take a look at the Outlaw rules from the Star/Hudson Speedway in New Hampshire.

http://www.starspeedway.com/

They appear to be the same as John’s revolutionary Sportsman rules. Oh BTW - This is the same track that the boys from New England race at. Nice job John. Let’s just pander to the circus.

do you even race?

star speedway has 18 to 25 sportsman show up on race night. last year 15 races 12 different winners. john should be commended for the commitment he madeto help build up the sportsman field. if you are a racer bring your car put a yellow stripe on the back bumper and the outlaws will go easy when they pass you

To cablehound.

or give me a call before you go out against these guys…

Can’t blame John for trying something new down here or trying to grab a hold of Jimmys shirt tails and his rolling circus.

To Jimmy: “outlaws” are you f…ing kidding me? Is that what you are calling yourselves now? Your antics will keep drivers away more than your money will attract.

You want racing to grow in Florida??? I got an idea!!! Get a real set up under those cars and teach your “outlaws” how to race with respect, that way your competitors can return the track the following week with an intact car.:ernaehrung004:

are you still…

:ernaehrung004:[QUOTE=Edm;100530]or give me a call before you go out against these guys…

Can’t blame John for trying something new down here or trying to grab a hold of Jimmys shirt tails and his rolling circus.

To Jimmy: “outlaws” are you f…ing kidding me? Is that what you are calling yourselves now? Your antics will keep drivers away more than your money will attract.

You want racing to grow in Florida??? I got an idea!!! Get a real set up under those cars and teach your “outlaws” how to race with respect, that way your competitors can return the track the following week with an intact car.:ernaehrung004:[/QUOTE]are you still mad because you have never been a real driver,having a racecar and being a driver are not the same thing…

Its obvious your are just as ignorant online as you are in person.

I don’t hide behind my computer.

On board swaybar and wedge adjustments make sense because, in effect, they do change weight percentages and an adjustment just before the race could change the right side weight to below the minimum. Changing it back when the race is finished would make it appear legal.

Nope! You can only change diagonal weight with those. In order to change left//right, front //rear weight %age, you have to move ‘‘REAL’’ weight around the car, ballast or parts.

[QUOTE=andre;100969]On board swaybar and wedge adjustments make sense because, in effect, they do change weight percentages and an adjustment just before the race could change the right side weight to below the minimum. Changing it back when the race is finished would make it appear legal.

Nope! You can only change diagonal weight with those. In order to change left//right, front //rear weight %age, you have to move ‘‘REAL’’ weight around the car, ballast or parts.
[/QUOTE]

Well look here some one that knows what they are talking about…
This is hard to find on here now days…
Off set wheels also will change left side just figured id ad one!!
Don62

Off set wheels also will change left side just figured id ad one!!

Yep! You’re right. Bcuz you are actually moving REAL weight(the whole car) within the tires contact patch.