Punta Gorda Speedway cancelled shows

Saturday night,PGS once again cancelled their race program.I had recieved a e-mail from PGS saturday morning that they were racing.I left for the traci,and found out that they weren’t racing.In fact,by the time I got there ,just after 6pm,NOBODY WAS THERE.

PGS sent a e-mail in the afternoon saturday,but I didnt have my computer w/me.So I wasted ime and money to go for nothing.I’m sure i’m not the only one who made the trek there.

PGS stated that it was due tothe weather,and the lot being flooded.Thus it as too wet for parking.Hey,I was there at 6:15 that evening,and the lot looked ok to me.

Kevin Williams,who owns PGS, has said in the past,That because the airport authority of Charlotte county owns the land,and it has a drainage issue that Williams can’t do anything about it.I think his excuse is a cop-out.

Like I stated,I was there at a quarter after 6,15 minutes before the scheduled startof the race program,and the lot was fine.Wet maybe,but NOT UNDERWATER.Williams has used this excuse to cancel races in the past.Personally,I think he uses the excuse for other reasons.His son Josh is racing ARCA,so that may be a reason he cancells at PGS.

Ive also heard that he is having trouble financially with the track,as well as with the Charlotte county airport authority.These reasons may be closer to the truth.My problem is:

1.DO NOT ANNOUNCE THAT YOUR RACING,THEN CANCEL ON THE SAME DAY.ONCE YOUR GOING TO RACE,THAT’S IT! PEOPLE DO MAKE PLANS,AND NOT ALL OFF US ARE TECH SAVVY TO KEEP UP WITH LAST-MINUTE CHANGES

2.Williams says he does this for the fans.REALLY? How come you don’t allow fans a autograph session with the drivers on the track,like they do at Auburndale,or DeSoto or other tracks.

3.Kevin Williams,your attitude toward fans,absolutely stinks.It’s terrible at best.Either improve it or get a life-coach

Another side, very interesting. A legitimate complaint and 11 days later and no reply??