Press Release From The New Owners Of Desoto Speedway

When you go to movies or high school sporting events you are talking 2 - 2 1/2 hours on most occasions. So you really can’t compare that to a night at the races that most fans arrive to around 5 -6 pm and stay until around 11 - 12 at night. Of all race tracks that I have been to the ones where you were allowed to bring in a cooler always had bigger attendance figures than tracks that you could not bring in a cooler. I have never been to a track that had a no re-entry policy nor would I go to one.

To start with i did let them come and go but i never had much to lose .
As fat as time when i was at Desoto the races started at 730 not 731 and we were done buy 11 or someone was looking for a new job. Most nighhts it was 1030.
As for prices in the consision stands we would try to be the cheapest in the aera and have the best foor. For those of u who rember when the creek was there.
Most of the time people like Jerry talk a lot about things they know nothing about.
The hotdog price or the jaay entry polices dont have much to do with the number of fans there. It does help but good racing and goood car counts with a timely show should be what u work on not making jerry happy. Look at NSS they have done every thing Jerry liked and its a desaster.
Buy the way i just used Jerrysd name as a for instance…
Now jerry (or whar everhis name is) can talk about my bad spelling. What a dick!!

don62

Now Don!

I can remember getting out of there at 3AM many many times! I guess the fans got out earlier. The Phillipi creek Oyster bar did the concessions then and the food was out of this world. That was the best race track food I have ever had EVER!

Green grass and high tides forever…

Those were some very late nights in the breezeway, Bob.
Bench racing the previous nights races. Drinking all the free beer Margi would let us have. Watching your videos to see who wrecked who and fighting about it all over again…those were the days, my friend.

Everybody even liked Don back in those days…lol.

Racing will never be like that ever again, I’m afraid. We were on the tail end of an era and we didn’t even know it.

NHRA lets you bring coolers in and they let you go to your car, If those cheap bastards let you do it EVERY track in the world should. If that policy does not change I will never go my wife NEVER stays in the stands all night.

There’s about 1/2 dozen reasons of why it should be allowed, and not 1 single realistic reason of why not. Dons crazy “babies, bottles, and needing a fix” reasons don’t count 1 bit.

Other than the desire to FORCE the customers into buying everything from them, what good reason is there for it?

Throw in the fact that several of us ticket buying customers have stated that they won’t support this policy either. Keep in mind that for every person that speaks their mind, probably 10 don’t.

I’ve been to several tracks that don’t even sell beer, yet they even let you bring your own… but they want you inside their track. Golden Isles is a good example. Bring your own beer, then hop in line at the concession stand. Many of the fans take care of the entire families dinner AT the track. The don’t GREED it out of them, they spend it willingly…

[QUOTE=Osmosis Jones;121988]Those were some very late nights in the breezeway, Bob.
Bench racing the previous nights races. Drinking all the free beer Margi would let us have. Watching your videos to see who wrecked who and fighting about it all over again…those were the days, my friend.

Everybody even liked Don back in those days…lol.

Racing will never be like that ever again, I’m afraid. We were on the tail end of an era and we didn’t even know it.[/QUOTE]

Yep i liked u then also . I was the last to leave and lived 40 miles away…

But I bet you still made it “home” before we did…lol