Press Release From The New Owners Of Desoto Speedway

Attention Drivers!

Attention Drivers!
I just got off the phone with Kevin Williams and he ask me to post the following:
MINI STOCK DRIVERS: Kevin says if you want to know our rules at Full Throttle Speedway, look at Showtimes rules. He is going to pretty well copy those. He also ask that you call him at the PG # 941-575-7223. If you get the answering machine leave a message and he will get back with you.
FIGURE EIGHT DRIVERS: Kevin wants to start the pro figure Eights up at FTS and would like all F8 Drivers to call the track # above. He wants to work with you and other tracks where you currently race to give you an option when you are off there. Probably Citrus or Showtime rules.
BANDOLERO DRIVERS: He wants ya’ll to know he has a Bando track in the center of the big oval, more suited for your cars. He has contacted some asphalt people to smooth the transition from the large track to the small track.
You also may respond here and leave your number and we will get with you!

All Drivers of all other classes. You can bring what you have and we will work with you to get your car in compliance. The rules will be mostly the Same as PG.
The tech people are working on them now. If you come to race he’ll give you a couple weeks to get your car in compliance with our rules. Kevin is looking to make this track the premier track in Florida as she has been in past years. Come join us at the fastest short track in the south. Full Throttle Speedway!

Mod-Mini’s

Just a question??? At PGS they didn’t run Mod-Mni’s are they going to have this class at FTS, and if so what will be the rules for that class.

Dave

Dave we didn’t discuss Mod’s but when I get the chance I will ask and post it.

OWM Tires F53 please same as NSS and Showtime. Good luck guys

Or…if you’re planning to do it your way and go it alone, then talk to ALL of the race tire manufacturers and get the very best value you can for the racers. There’s more than one race tire maker and you can probably find a couple who are hungry and willing to deal. That doesn’t mean allowing the tire maker to charge the track top dollar, and the track charge the racer top dollar, on the vague promise of point fund money. In that all too familiar scenario, every racer pays way too much for tires and they’re bankrolling their own points fund.
If you’re going to force the racers to buy your tires, fuel, etc.at least give them value for their money.
And unless John is stopping you from using the name ( which wouldn’t surprise anyone ) please think about keeping the Desoto Speedway name.

press release from new owners of DeSoto Speedway

Congradulations to Mike and Kevin,on purchasing DS.I have to get used to calling it Full Throttle Speedway.Sounds like a Clown show…oh wait,there is a Clown school nearby.
Sad to see PGS go away.The track was only 25 miles from home.Now I have to travel 85 miles,one way to go to races.Unfortunely,The Charlotte county airport authority (CCAA) had made life hell on Williams.When the CCAA had the county and state pay for changes to Piper rd. (the road that leads to PGS),they cut Williams parking in half,AND made a soup bowl of the parking lot.Tat lead to flooding,which caused cancelled shows.Williams had tried to get CCAA to fix the problem.He had stated in PGS webshows,that he went to county council that he was providing tax revenue to the county for one of the few entertainment offerings for the county.

The problem was,the fix was in.First off,CCAA states on their website that the overall finantial impact for the county is around 28 million dollare,with the addition of upgrade,new runway’s,etc.No wonder they didn’t want to help Williams.The revenue from the track is pennies,compared to what the CCAA can potienally earn.So no more PUNTA GORDA SPEEDWAY.The last two shows that were scheduled for PGS have been cancelled.

Kevin,it would have been nice to have one last race,to say goodbye,AND also as appreciation to the fans that will be hard pressed to go to DeSoto,uh…I mean FTS.One last hurrah to say thanks.One last night of racing.We could have floated pinata’s of the Bush family filled w/ candy.That brings me to why I said THAT.

Jeb Bush has been involved in real estate dealings,all through SW florida.Most people don’t know that George Sr.,spends a lot of his time now on Gasparilla island,near Boca Grande.During the holidays,George jr. and Jeb spends time with their parents at their compound.What does that have to do w/ PGS?
One of the rumors (not confitmed) was that the Bush’s wanted improvements to the local airport.New runway’s with private landing area’s for them.Well Jeb is doing those kind of real estate purchases,that could help the CCAA.Once that came into being,the writing was on the wall for Williams and PGS.Chck out stories on-ine as to how many times Jeb Bush had meetings,press conferences at charlotte co. airport in the last few years
.It’s numerous.Just follow the money.

So now it’s Full Throttle Speedway.I have some suggestions,as I have a big mouth.
1.When you do have to cancel A show,please at least give us enough time,so we have enough time to change plans.Now that I have to go farther to see a race program,If the weather’s dicey do keep this in mind.I dout you’ll pay for my gas.
2.Try and reach an agreement with the Florida Promoters series.More crs eans better fields,and more fans.Unless FUPS wants to keep it between itrus co.,Auburndale,New Smyrna and Orlando.If they do that,then start a series of your own,like you had w/that Goodyear series you had,but include also Showtime speedway,or make Lake City with their new ownership part of your own promters series.I know Yoho is a loud mouth,but maybe you guys can work for a common good,maybe racing on different times of the weekend.Again more cars,more fans.
3.Make it more open to the fans.You should let fans have access to drivers like they did at DeSoto,and as they still at NSS and Auburndale.

Kevin,you do that,along with fixing up the grandstands will go a long way to asurring sucess at Full Throttle speedway.

Get rid of that bullshit ‘No Re-entry’ policy. If that doesn’t change, I still would not go through the gates, no matter WHO owns the place…

Cheap cheap cheap said the little bird. :slight_smile:

The no rentery rule was to keep the drunks fron there bottle in there car then they leave and kill some one the last plaxe with a lisense to serv alchol was the track…big law sute…
Why would want to go into the parking lot anyway…O yea drugs…got to go out there and get a fix. Ok i know u left your heart pills and ur babby in the car and got to go get them
well witch one is it.jerry

Don62

Sunday before last I went to my truck @ Volusia but it was to set in the heat for a while it was 37 degrees. That’s one good reason to lift that policy.

Jerry has already informed us a year ago that he likes to have a sandwich and a few beers in a cooler in his car, but why does all that smoke roll out the door when he opens it ! Toke-toke-hold it, cough cough :slight_smile:

16 and older in the pits…

…and go back to manning the gate to control who goes in and out of the pits. No need for families and fans who like the back stretch view to pay pit prices just so a driver can sit with his family when he’s not racing.

Make the concessions affordable. A good business plan should not be trying to extort every last greenback in a fan’s wallet just to get a burger and a soft drink. Making a profit is understandable but food prices at race tracks are just freakin’ heewhack.

Aw hell. I’m going to bed.

Ya’ll run it however ya want. It’s yer money.

If I want to go to my car for a beer, a sandwich, a smoke, a jacket, a phone call, a camera… or any other reason, I should be allowed to do so. Even Daytona will let you back in, along with every other track in the state and most of them throughout the country. Any one of these tracks could get my $20 at the gate, plus whatever else I decide to spend money on.

Desoto didn’t get a dime from my empty seat…

There are a lot of reasons you might want to go out to your car and come back, particularly if you have kids. If a promoter can’t see that, then he/she shouldn’t be in the business. Fonda NY implemented that policy and it cost them at least 5 tickets a week from my group alone. We stopped going and many others did also. I don’t drink at a race track if I’m driving after the race, so you can’t accuse me of going out for a beer. I don’t smoke anything, so that’s out. I do get cold and have had to get a coat. I have needed to get a pair of sunglasses. I have too often had to go back to the car to get something for the kids. When it rained I would go sit in a vehicle to see if would stop so the track might get the show in.
On another note, if a track would not allow coolers in, I made it a point to avoid buying anything from their concessions. If they allow coolers, I will almost always get something. Although, with the prices I’ve seen at some tracks, I might not be able to do that now.

[QUOTE=Don Nerone;121807]The no rentery rule was to keep the drunks fron there bottle in there car then they leave and kill some one the last plaxe with a lisense to serv alchol was the track…big law sute…
Why would want to go into the parking lot anyway…O yea drugs…got to go out there and get a fix. Ok i know u left your heart pills and ur babby in the car and got to go get them
well witch one is it.jerry

Don62[/QUOTE]

There might be a legit reason for no re-entry, but it sure isn’t any of that.

Don never worries about the truth having anything to do with his statements.

Hey Don… name me one single track that got sued over a drunk driver leaving their property.

I think it’s funny that I get labeled as cheap for wanting re-entry, yet the track doesn’t get labeled as greedy for not allowing it. Take Dons laughable reasoning behind this policy out of the equation, and give me some good solid reasoning for the policy. This is the same track that will go through your cooler, take a bottle of water out of your hand, and not allow a Big Mac on the property… all in the name of GREED. The thinking is, 'if they are hungry/thirsty, then buy it from us".

See how well that worked out for everyone? Getting in & out of the pits is a breeze, the lines at the concession stand are non-existent… but they sure did get that pesky problem of drunks with bottles in their car under control…

[QUOTE=Frasson118;121841]Don never worries about the truth having anything to do with his statements.

Hey Don… name me one single track that got sued over a drunk driver leaving their property.

I think it’s funny that I get labeled as cheap for wanting re-entry, yet the track doesn’t get labeled as greedy for not allowing it. Take Dons laughable reasoning behind this policy out of the equation, and give me some good solid reasoning for the policy. This is the same track that will go through your cooler, take a bottle of water out of your hand, and not allow a Big Mac on the property… all in the name of GREED. The thinking is, 'if they are hungry/thirsty, then buy it from us".

See how well that worked out for everyone? Getting in & out of the pits is a breeze, the lines at the concession stand are non-existent… but they sure did get that pesky problem of drunks with bottles in their car under control…[/QUOTE]

When i went to the workshops thhe ins co an there lawers would quot al of the cases ware people sewed the tracks. They wanted us to stop the open gates ant coolers or at least glass.
They also wanted to stop vido cramras in the grandstands.
I cant say ware but i have lost 2 suts like this.
O yea we lost one ware the guy was drunk and got in a fight in the parking lot and we didnt ever serve beer. $19,000 broken leg.

Yes jerry i just made this up so u could run ur mouth. How stupid do u think people are

Don62

I’m going to the movies tonight. I’m going to take my cooler and also see if I can make a trip out to my car to get something.

This weekend, I’m going to a high school sporting event, I’ll take my cooler and also see if I can make a trip to my car.

I already know the answers.

Apples and Oranges EZ…

If all the tracks had this policy, that would be one thing. But the truth is that ALL of them allow it, except for Desoto. I have my choice on Saturday nights of probably 15 different tracks I could support. Most seasons, I do hit most of them. In the past, I’ve hit ALL of them. I’m just throwing out there the reason Desoto is NEVER one of them since they pulled this stunt. Sure, it’s their track, they can do as they like… and as a customer, I can choose who I’d like to support and who I won’t. It’s their choice. I choose not to support that policy. Thankfully, 15 other tracks are only too glad to take my $20, plus whatever I spend on a burger, a program (which I buy wherever they have them for sale), some boiled peanuts and a couple beers.

You can just tell by the overflowing pits and grandstand that John was just FULL of outstanding business decisions. NSS commit the same suicide about 20 years ago when the outlawed coolers being brought in. I was there the night the policy kicked in, and there was a literal flood of people leaving before even going in. Most of those folks never came back. They went from full stands to a ghost town in 1 week. They still have not recovered towards the numbers they used to pull in. Track greed outpriced the people that were buying tickets every week. They even LIED about the reasoning saying it was “County Regulations”… but you can go 1/2 hour away to Volusia (same county) and bring your own cooler of whatever that isn’t glass with you.

I guess the track owner has to weigh lost ticket sales from the tightwads or the lost revenue at the concession stand. :slight_smile: