She done good

Excited Danica had a good finish ! Well past 50 laps as some grouchy old men had expressed ! I was screaming the whole time BK was leading for her to drop inside in front of jimmy, don’t guess they heard me. :slight_smile:

Hey badbuck I see you have been let out of timeout. Let me hear it, she done good ! :slight_smile:

what is good? a finish like her typical indycar finish? 8th to 10th? yes no crash…
3rd to 8th on the last lap?
she was out-raced by the racers…
but in soccer, we all all winners! :huepfen024:

[QUOTE=Groundpounder;121642]what is good? a finish like her typical indycar finish? 8th to 10th? yes no crash…
but in soccer, we all all winners! :huepfen024:[/QUOTE]

I agree the experience of Dale Jr. and the others paid dividends on the last lap. However she done good.

i disagree

definitely not a danica fan but i have respect for her driving today. she did a hellova lot better than KB! roflll she did well. also very very proud of Yeley! top ten finish! YAHOOOOOO
OZ

not better than kb, just luckier…no blown engine…worked his way to the front after a bad pit stop…she the fastest car and ran 8th.

[QUOTE=carolwicks;121644]definitely not a danica fan but i have respect for her driving today. she did a hellova lot better than KB! roflll she did well. also very very proud of Yeley! top ten finish! YAHOOOOOO
OZ[/QUOTE]

Me thinks Carol is a closet Danica fan. Don’t be afraid darling, it’s ok. :slight_smile: don’t be afraid of what those guys that are afraid to get beat by a girl say. Personally, I love watching women prevail over men in sports. Except when they beat me. :slight_smile:

How many pole sitters have won the daytona 500 ? This bullshit analogies can go on forever. She done good.

I’m a David R fan too, but he dropped like a rock on the last lap. Of course he’s driving junk. ( beat you to that analogy )

There was 32 drivers behind her that would have given their left one to be where she finished. Give credit where credit is due! She drove a good race! So man up and admit it!

Danica and I thank you for your support. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Groundpounder;121642]what is good? a finish like her typical indycar finish? 8th to 10th? yes no crash…
but in soccer, we all all winners! :huepfen024:[/QUOTE]

Your comment is complete BS.Her team was decimated , Tony out and Newman not competitive. She had no dance partner at the end but did stay out of trouble and made no boneheaded defensive moves. For what it is worth your alliances mean more at DIS than your driving skills. No she didn’t win but like they said at the top of the show only 17% do.

She got hung out there at the end, lot’s of drivers do. She still did a very good job all race long. Had good stops, didn’t make any mistakes that i noticed.

As for the race itself, that was terrible. Single file follow the leader for 90% of the race. No one wanted to risk trying a pass, so they just rode around. That’s what happens when NASCAR designs the car. I imagine there will be plenty of new aero changes before the next superspeedway race.

The problem was with the drivers, not with the car. They chose to ride in line for 180 laps. When it came time to pass, when they had to get going, the cars could run door to door very evenly.

It was the first Cup race I"ve watched for a long time. Too bad they didn’t start racing earlier.

Glad to see Danica do so well!

I know some short track drivers that given the same opportunity would do good also. Top caliber team, sponsor and equipment. She has been given a great opportunity because of who she is. Most talent that deserves such a ride doesn’t get a chance to.

biffs and danikas spotters both missed the chance for their driver to win. they should have seen the run dale jr. had and told their driver to drop low in front of him well before he got to them

She’s been given the opportunity because she can race. As was mentioned in the telecast, she’s now led both the Indy 500 and the Daytona 500 under green. How many drivers can say that? She also dropped out of high school to move to Europe and go road racing. Very successfully i might add. She’s paid her dues, she’s impressed one of the all time great drivers enough that he agreed to help her career and has now hired her.
I agree that there may be a lot of drivers who would do well in her situation. But there’s only so many teams and cars. How is that her fault?

[QUOTE=Matt Albee;121675]She’s been given the opportunity because she can race. As was mentioned in the telecast, she’s now led both the Indy 500 and the Daytona 500 under green. How many drivers can say that? She also dropped out of high school to move to Europe and go road racing. Very successfully i might add. She’s paid her dues, she’s impressed one of the all time great drivers enough that he agreed to help her career and has now hired her.
I agree that there may be a lot of drivers who would do well in her situation. But there’s only so many teams and cars. How is that her fault?[/QUOTE]

Still hasn’t impressed me as a driver. Today was a follow around race, just like driving schools. Follow the car in front and hit your marks. When it came time to race she fell back quickly. If it would have been the Daytona 505 she would have been about 15th and Junior would have likely have won.

Not so, if it was the 505, the same thing would have happened because nobody made a move until the last lap.

Look at the surprise in my eyes…

I don’t hate or love Danica. Yes, were she a stripper I would still tuck a buck. Maybe even a fiver if she could really work the pole.

My contempt is with the whole NASCAR traveling crap show.

I can’t believe I watched as much of that race as I did. And if there had been more than three other channels I was watching at the same time (yes, I’m a male and I am a channel surfer who doesn’t suffer commercials very well) I would have watched much less of it.

Somehow, with NASCAR’s help, I’m sure the Danica Mass Media Machine will roll into victory lane somewhere this season. It’s pretty much GOT to happen. You can’t devote that much air time during your seasons biggest week to a driver who has never even been close enough to the front of any NASCAR race to even smell the rear bumper of the car that went to victory lane…and then not orchestrate a victory for her somehow. You’ve got to remember that it’s not about the competition anymore and really hasn’t been for quite some time. Everything…and I mean everything…is controlled by the almighty dollar now. Sad…but true.

So will she win this year?

I give it a big ol’ Boogity Boogity.

On a related note: How dumb to you think DW, Jeff or any of the other EXPERT announcers feel when they make such a huge deal out of the tiniest little nuance in the drag coefficient of a Sprint Cups body line messing up the race cars overall performance…and then Keselowski goes and runs wheel to wheel with Johnson with his nose looking like the 70’s version of Michael Jackson?

Aero-push my ass.

I grant you it wasn’t much of a race.
But she didn’t finish 15th, she beat 34 other full time NASCAR Cup drivers and one rookie.
And if she had finished 15th she’d have beaten 28 other full time NASCAR Cup drivers and one rookie.