What is your favorite track in Florida and why

Now this is a two pronged question,one from those of you who race and the second half is aimed at those of us who just catch splinters with our butts up in the stands.

East Bay!!! We won a regular show there last year and also won the Donnie Tanner points series which we were very proud to do. I always seem to run pretty good there and the track staff and fans are always great to us.
John 1*

East Bay because of the wheelchair section! And the racing is great, slinging dirt is always fun too!

Melbourne’s new dirt track (Melbourne Motor Sports Park) no question!!!
I’ve never had this much fun in a race car for so little money.
No Bullshit, no playing favorites, very little politics and GREAT FOOD…it truly is racing the way it use to be.
Modern day Jalopy’s Rule !!!

I haven’t been to anywhere near all of the tracks in Florida, but from a racer and fan perspective, here’s my votes.
Five Flags
Southern Raceway
East Bay

Desoto in the old days
NSS in the old days
USA International

North Florida Speedway!!! As a fan and as a past car owner this track has done as much to support the drivers and fans as any track I have ever been affiliated with. Phil and Liz have always been honest and up front with us regarding payouts rules etc. They have consistently poured the profits back into the facility with new and larger grandstands, improved lighting and new clay when needed. For a track of less than a half mile the track is driver friendly with there almost always multiple grooves to facilitate passing and side by side racing. Over the years it has become quite apparent this is a labor of love more so than a business to make a living. When one looks at what they started with and what they have now you have to say thanks for a job well done.

Best, Track, Ever

Well, Hialeah was always my favorite, but Orlando is my favorite current track. I live 200 mailes away from it, so I don’t get to go that often, but I have had the most fun at that track. It is just the right size, great surface (except for the bump in three I hit last time, and ended up at the Kennedy Space Center :-), but that was my fault), enough room down low to get away from trouble, and paved pit area. All around, great track.

My favorite track is the Little 500

Although the payouts are slightly lower than most tracks, the tire and fuel cost are the lowest in the state. Crash damage is covered by the track and they store and maintain your race car for you. If you’re not happy with the handling of your car for the race, they will provide another car for you. You can race every day of the week if your budget allows. The other competitors laugh when you spin them out or run them into the wall but track officials keep an eye out for aggressive drivers. The cars are mostly equally prepared and cheating is not even a factor. Plenty of paved parking for your old pick-up or BMW.

The only downside is the weight penalty for those of us that enjoy red meat and potatoes for dinner. You still have to compete against daddies money but you don’t have to fight your way out of the pits if you make the young punk cry when you crash his rich ass for the win.

[QUOTE=UREZ2PASS;126424]My favorite track is the Little 500

Although the payouts are slightly lower than most tracks, the tire and fuel cost are the lowest in the state. Crash damage is covered by the track and they store and maintain your race car for you. If you’re not happy with the handling of your car for the race, they will provide another car for you. You can race every day of the week if your budget allows. The other competitors laugh when you spin them out or run them into the wall but track officials keep an eye out for aggressive drivers. The cars are mostly equally prepared and cheating is not even a factor. Plenty of paved parking for your old pick-up or BMW.

The only downside is the weight penalty for those of us that enjoy red meat and potatoes for dinner. You still have to compete against daddies money but you don’t have to fight your way out of the pits if you make the young punk cry when you crash his rich ass for the win.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=“7”]DITTO !!![/SIZE]
THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT THE GRANDSTAND AREA IS CLOSE AND PEOPLE CAN THROW STUFF AT YOU…:ernaehrung004:

-JIM-

As a fan East Bay. The show is way out in front of anyother in florida.
At its worst its still in a class of it own.

As a racer the most fun u would ever have was little lakeland.
Didnt matter how much money u spent if yoy couldent drive you suck.
the biggest thrill you will ever get is ur first lap around NSS.
Goldengate was the best of both worlds…

don62

I’ve been thinking on this for days…

From my perspective as a fan, any track can have a really good night, and lots of our local ones do have excellent shows from time to time. How can I distinguish between Showtime, Full Throttle, Citrus, East Bay and Volusia? They can all hit it out of the park, but when Orlando Speedworld has it together, there is no one better! The racing surface is second to none, the pits are paved, and the location is ideal for an east coaster like me.

As a driver, I have been to most tracks at least once, both dirt and paved. With my current car, I think Full Throttle is the best match for the type of equipment that I have now, HOWEVER I get my first shot at Orlando in a sprint on Saturday, June 1!

osw thats where megan started racing back in 2010 she got rookie of the year
2011 she finished 4th in the points 2012 she finished 6 thats missing 3 races and being dq from a feature she won that year springs lol she says she likes
osw because you have to race the track and you are always racing somebody even if it is for last place she has raced nss and auburndale she calls osw her home track

Sorry about the bragging…just a proud dad lol

old tampa fair grounds golden gate and old sun shine :sprachlos020:

Sunshine and Golden Gate.

Didn’t take a lot of horsepower to run good there; we won a lot of features with a “little” motor. Two and sometimes three grooves. When the fast guys start in the back, it’s a show.

What I can remember liking about these two joints, is that they forced the drivers into making a second groove during practice. Cones out in the corners in the low side, forcing drivers to work it up top.

25- or 30-lap features. 25+ cars every week just in the Late Models. $1,000 to win. Paid good through the field. Only a couple of “specials” during the season. March through early November - not nearly a full year of racing.

Full stands every week. Decent food. And some good-lookin’ trophy girls :smiley:

I have many i prefer.

Racing
Ocala (asphalt)
Citrus
OSW

Spectating
Citrus
Volusia
East Bay

Florida Sports Park in Naples. Swampbuggy Racing is South west Florida

I guess I’d have to say Volusia. I absolutely love the drive-in parking around turns 1&2. Nothing beats getting there early, firing up the grill, and start emptying the cooler 1 beer at a time.

Over the years, I have seen a huge variety of different classes there… things we didn’t really get anywhere else. Supermodifieds, Goody’s Dash, AMA Flat Track bikes, Midgets, Busch GN’s… etc.

And nowhere in the country have I been to 2 tracks, side by side, where you could go to the asphalt track and the dirt track at the same time… for the price of 1. That was THE coolest set-up I’ve ever seen. IMSA Supermods, and All-Star Sprints only a couple hundred feet from each other.

Honorable mention goes to Disney World Speedway. Big-time racing on a ‘short’ track. Didn’t see any bad shows in the times I visited.

There are 2 other Florida tracks that i’d have to list as faves, not necessarily for the racing or the sanctioning bodies that run them, but for the experience and the history.
Daytona International is one, hard to be there without being overwhelmed by the sheer size of the place, and the history that’s been made there.
Sebring is another. The experience is always great, and the history is incredible.
There aren’t too many world class drivers you can name, past or present, who haven’t raced at one or both.

As a spectator Lakeland interstate speedway not usa, next desoto, orlando, citrus, aulburndale, valusia. Because I love short tracks

My pick

Saramana…yep.