Auburndale Owm Go To Slicks

AUBURNDALE SPEEDWAY WORKING WITH CITRUS AND FTS WILL RUN SLICKS ON THERE OWM, FUPS MODS WILL BE ON SLICKS ALSO SO PUT YOUR CRATE MOTOR AWAY AND BRING ON THE HORSEPOWER:aetsch013:

Well that just took us out of modified racing.

Jimmy, please explain why that would put you out of racing.

You ask why???

Really come on…What chance does a guy have with a little motor or a crate when you let the big motors now hook up all that $ horse power on their nice wide soft slicks Big money guys get 4 new rubbers every race, makes the promotor , slash tire man happy and sends the little guy back home. Wow that is a great idea

The tracks can’t please everyone. People are going to bitch no matter what, so let them stay home and bitch. Just look at showtime, pretty sure they have the best car count for modifieds and they were the ONLY track on slicks, which by the way are actually competitive for TWO night unlike these airplane tires they had us on. I don’t know what people don’t get, even if you have a 700 hp motor you still only have 8" of rubber to hook it up on. Quit bitching and Race!

Now lets see if drivers travel from track to track like they said they would with a tire change. Guess now its time to see if my little motor can play with the big motors. Definitely gonna be interesting.

Rick

I drive my fathers mod. it has a small junk motor. We only race at Auburndale because that track you can’t use much power with the treaded tires. Now with the slicks the guys with the big motors will be able to hook them up better and will put more gear to them so they will go faster down the straits. Our motor we can not turn it above 6800 so we will not go any faster on slicks down the straits. so if the big motor guys gain one tenth each strait away ,they will be two thenth’s faster then us and there is nothing we can do to make that up. I have been racing for 35 years been racing Florida modifieds for 20 years. I’ve been there done that already. I know how this works.

C-Dude, F-53’s are only 8" too like the APT’s. Jimmy, Get with AMF. He claims that he can get mine to hook up in APT’s (not that it matters now). When I get back to Florida in about 3 weeks, I am going to take him up.

you’ll still carry more corner speed on slicks and get off the corners harder. might be a little tougher to hang with the big motors but at a’dale I can’t imagine it’d kill the guys with little motors.