why are threads that are true getting deleted?

I thought this area is for complaining. When it is the truth why and who deletes it?

I am the only moderator on this board

Since you’re the one who deletes posts, maybe you can enlighten us as to the reason for deleting the Auburndale posts.
Your own personal tie ins with the people involved shouldn’t automatically negate the thoughts and opinions of the people who posted to those threads.

I have no “tie ins” with no anyone. The gentleman who made the original post was mad that I moved it here and continued to repost in the main board section. After several messages to him asking him to stop I stopped it myself. You can thank him for the deletions.

My mistake, I didn’t notice you had already posted your reasoning for deleting the High Fives posts in a closed statement. I found it under the nonsense part of the thread title.
You’ve set yourself a pretty high standard, you say unless you know every post to every thread to be true, or unless you were present at the event in question and actually saw what happened, it gets deleted. That’s going to make for just about zero threads making on to the site.
This message board relies on sponsors and good will from tracks and from series like FUPS. That’s fine, that’s the way message boards have to work. But since message boards are open source, when you delete posts that make you or your sponsors/friends uncomfortable, you’re also deleting all of the comments, ideas, likes and dislikes made by the very people who you rely on to exist at all.

When you see posts from tracks or series about upcoming events they do it FREE of charge so you and the other viewers of this board can be kept up to date.

I must say

From what i read happened at A-dale sunday i have only one comment.For all of us oldtimers who have repeatedly posted on here we wish racing would return to the old days.THERE YOU GO.

You bring up a question. Why did you feel his post, which if anything was news rather than complaint, needed to be moved at all?

That post was far from being news although I did find it quite entertaining as I do when people tell me how I need to run this board.

Wise decision not to listen to criticism or suggestions, they just complicate things.

Wise decision not to listen to criticism or suggestions, they just complicate things.

Exactly… LOL

Go Rick… u act like this is ur board !!!
LOL

don62

I had a few good teachers on how to run things over the years…

I am new to this board, and I did not see how posting that picture was against any of your rules which I just finished reading. I dont understand why it would belong in the complainers corner either. When a track owner does something like that and thousands of people see it, it is big news, and it is actually good for your message board. I understand if some people curse or say dumb stuff, that that should be deleated. I really wish you would explain yourself in more detail, why that photo was not worthy of being on your message board. Rick , please let the Karnac readers know exactaly why you deleted the post, other then you thinking and saying it was not news. Thank You, Vince Patola

Check out the carefully locked post titled High Fives and other Nonsense. Under the nonsense side you’ll find your explanation to this question.
Rick says he wasn’t there, and since he didn’t see it with his own eyes, it might not have happened. So he can’t allow the picture to be posted.
Now that’s what two angry phone calls , one from a track owner and one from a series owner, can accomplish.
It’s time to move on. Rex has shown the fans and drivers that their money would be better spent somewhere besides Auburndale. And the floundering FUPS series gets one more black eye.
The man who controls this site controls this site.

[B][I] The main portion of this message board “KARNAC’s Florida Stock Car Racing” Has a small paragraph written under it which says: The online version of KARNAC.com’s Racin’ Talk Radio was the original Florida fan forum begun in 1998. Fans can discuss any racing or non-racing issue…NO FLAMES PLEASE! which was written by Jack himself. Since I am the only one who keeps this board going with no compensation to myself I deemed that this post belonged in the complainers corner. The reason the whole thing was deleted was the original poster took it upon himself to continue to post it in the main area even though I had several private conversations with him about the subject.
Big news? I think not since only a handful of people have commented on the subject. Now if there was a picture of Rex handing Jeff $100 dollar bills I would consider that Big News.

[/I][/B]

HI 5 to Rick from Nerone and u read it on carcrap first.
All of you nead to think about this. If rick gets enough crap from you and stops doing what he does then its over and u will not be heard of here agin.
He is the only one left to play with the few of us that are left.

good luck Rick and thanks for doing it.

Don62

Thanks Don… saw our Buddy Matt today said he had good time @ the Powell…

don’t tell them we are friends you will spoil a good fight lol
the race was great

Stop it…

Now I’m getting all misty here…lol…