FULL THROTTLE SPEEDWAY, invitation

Full Throttle Speedway

FTS owner has made many, necessary improvements to the facility to make it a safe and clean place for the drivers and fans to enjoy a fun filled night of entertainment for the entire family. Although the improvements will be on going, it is our goal to bring FTS back to one of the best tracks in the state of Florida.
The owner of Full Throttle Speedway would like to extend a two week courtesy to those drivers that have not yet raced at FTS.
We are extending an invitation to come give FTS a try. If for any reason, including rules, you have not attended a race at FTS, this is your chance. Any driver that has not yet raced at FTS and wants to come give us a try, we will fit you into the class that best suits your car for two weeks. Run one car, in one class for two races only. We will then work with you to find a class with rules to best fit your car, that will be the least out of pocket cost to you. We have listened to your concerns and look forward to seeing you and giving you a chance to be a part of FTS racing.
If you have any further questions or concerns,
feel free to contact us at speedway office 941-748-3171
or Jason Godwin 941-348-4720
Thank you for your input.
FTS Management

Very nice to attract cars

Please work on keeping the show running. When one class is pulling of the next needs to be going on the track and ready to go… I found too much waiting on the next class dragging on the night

It’s the oldest trick a promoter can do . The longer the show goes on,the more prone the fan-customer will go to the concession stand and spend money. It’s good business sense.

[QUOTE=linda;132467]Full Throttle Speedway

FTS owner has made many, necessary improvements to the facility to make it a safe and clean place for the drivers and fans to enjoy a fun filled night of entertainment for the entire family. Although the improvements will be on going, it is our goal to bring FTS back to one of the best tracks in the state of Florida.
The owner of Full Throttle Speedway would like to extend a two week courtesy to those drivers that have not yet raced at FTS.
We are extending an invitation to come give FTS a try. If for any reason, including rules, you have not attended a race at FTS, this is your chance. Any driver that has not yet raced at FTS and wants to come give us a try, we will fit you into the class that best suits your car for two weeks. Run one car, in one class for two races only. We will then work with you to find a class with rules to best fit your car, that will be the least out of pocket cost to you. We have listened to your concerns and look forward to seeing you and giving you a chance to be a part of FTS racing.
If you have any further questions or concerns,
feel free to contact us at speedway office 941-748-3171
or Jason Godwin 941-348-4720
Thank you for your input.
FTS Management[/QUOTE]

Now that is what im talking about.
A track promoter with a brain. he just sent invits to his party…
Smartest thing I have seen in years.
We used the same thing there in 85 and took the state by storm…
Now treat them good when they get there and they will stay. Its a great track and hope for its comeback. .My home track

Don62

Website info

They are few and far between but some tracks post the purse for classes as well as cost for the racer, tires and or STAMPING fees, fuel, slabs, ect. Much more appealing when you know what your racing for and what it will cost you to compete for it.

You hit the nail on the head! This what keeps most racers away these days. When you go to the track expecting and certain purse and you walk away with something totally different not many come back on a consistent basis. Today’s racer needs to know upfront what to expect so he can budget his or her racing. The money is not there like it used to be. The race tracks have to make money that is a given but they don’t need to make all the money. They need to figure out what works best for everyone involved. Being up front is a great start. :ernaehrung004:

Want to run but don’t know what to expect!

I am thinking of coming to the 31st race with a truck but have a few questions!

What gear do trucks run?
What’s the deal with tires?
Race entry?
Are there pit space fees?

I come from karting and just entering the sport so it’s all a little new to me!!

Gear: 5.42-5.60 if you’re 1 to 1 (In Drive/High Gear)

Tires: Hoosier 650s on the right, 450s on the left
(a.k.a. known as the dreaded 8" grooved
“airplane tire” in OWM circles)

Race Entry: Just your $30 Pit Pass. (No Entry Fee)

Pit Slab Fee: $10

I’m pretty sure on all of this stuff (certain on the gear and tires), but I haven’t raced there since they sold it and changed the name. If I’m wrong on anything please comment!

SEE YA THERE!!!

Thanks scott,

So if I have a 3.73 and run 2nd (1.52) I would be about a 5.66 so I think I would be close on that!

Already have the Hoosiers so that’s good

Do they make you have a raceceiver and radios? It’s the one thing I’m still working on, I have been using a buddy’s but don’t think he will be able to make it, maybe he can let me borrow them for the night?! I am correct in thinking that these items are a must, right?

I have been rained out/cancelled of everything I tried to do (OSW issues/rain), I just want to race!! Lol

We run spotters but not raceceivers

The 5.66 final ratio will probably be ok but with the Crate motor I’d make sure I’d have a rev limiter. If you don’t have one try and get your hands on a MSD soft-touch rev limiter that you can wire it right into your HEI distributor. If you don’t have the time or money for that then msd also makes an ignition module that has a little dial adjuster for rev limiting. I wouldn’t twist your Crate over 6200 R.P.M.s for any extended period of time. Above that you are prone to valve float and KABLOOOEY!!! Depending on track conditions, how good you are hooked up and/or how brave you are, the 5.66 final ratio might put you in the danger zone. Eddie, if you need any advice or help come look me up. I’m always willing to help out racers new to our type of racing. :slight_smile:

I do appreciate that Scott!

I have a 6al with the dials to adjust limiter. As far as equipment goes I lucked out, bought a truck built by Ernie bass. My biggest thing is just not knowing what to expect when I show up to race. It’s ALOT different then karting!! Lol

Exactly. This is why basing a purse on car count is bad business. Yet some promoters can’t seem to realize they lose more car count when they do that.

I have asked for the full payout and have got nothing from the office at FTS, also what is the number of cars to get to on the based on car count for full payout. As of right now we are staying home and race at tracks that are committed to there payout like Showtime. I just hope they leave the Eddie Braun race payout alone.

We will be there, and from what I’ve heard there will be a quite a few others coming as well.

We will be there too. I have heard from a competitor that they have been paying the full purses, so I think this is pretty much a non-issue. Should be a great night. See ya there! :ernaehrung004:

How about looking at it like this…If you have more cars we will give u a larger purse instead of if the car count sucks we will cut the purse…
.try to see the glass half full not half empty…

Don62

Why can’t the track just address this with a response and clear it up. By the way post the payout thru the field would help.

The sportsman and truck payout last time was 800, 350, 250, 200, 175 for the top 5. Basically was a 25 lap purse from second on back. My opinion if you are going to cut back then cut the amount of laps not the money thru the field. Would rather run 25 laps for that money instead of 40. Cost more to run 40 than 25.

The glass is still half empty…
If you like the track rules and purse them go there and race. If you don’t then stay home and we will lose another track…Stop crying on here for everyone to see and race…
Ok now beat me up LOL

don62