New owner at Citrus Country Speedway

Yeah, talk about hijacking someone’s thread with your self-promotion…:dry:

Congrats Gary

Hay we all no garys passion for racing is strong, I wish nothing but the best. Maybe it’s what this place needs , a shot in the arm. I would leave the staff alone, Take back over the concession put critters wife back in there the food was much better, And for those of yu that say gary killed PGS, I WOULD HAVE TO SAY YU ARE WRONG the damage was done long before gary showed up, He was just the last man standing when old bobby went looking for some BOBBY BUCK’S ;hell yall remember that , But before every body jumps on the wagon, I thought the Fairgrounds ran that joint, as of today they don’t even no who gary laplant is, if I was taking over something don’t yu think yu would talk to the landlord, kind of reminds yu of a little deal down south, LANDLORDS , LEASES, AIRPORTS yu get the deal, Gary if yu get the joint, good luck and we will come support yu.

This matter will be taken care of next board meeting per my ageement with Mike Reed in the buy out of the asssets.

Tires

Voicing the opinion of several, STREET STOCK class should be on radials, even if the track spec’s the tire brand and sells it to make minimal percentage they are making on the Hoosiers. It is not in the budget of MOST Street Stock racers to buy tires as often as required using the Hoosiers. My personal experience right rear was junk after second race, I know the car was off and needs a lot tuning, but the season the prior the other car did as well. the radials sustained the abuse until we got it right. Several practice nights and about 8 or 9 races.
Critter has always treated me fair and so has the rest of the Staff as far as I know, I do know some of the major advocates of the race tire have raced little if any this year.

[QUOTE=mpf74;132576]Voicing the opinion of several, STREET STOCK class should be on radials, even if the track spec’s the tire brand and sells it to make minimal percentage they are making on the Hoosiers. It is not in the budget of MOST Street Stock racers to buy tires as often as required using the Hoosiers. My personal experience right rear was junk after second race, I know the car was off and needs a lot tuning, but the season the prior the other car did as well. the radials sustained the abuse until we got it right. Several practice nights and about 8 or 9 races.
Critter has always treated me fair and so has the rest of the Staff as far as I know, I do know some of the major advocates of the race tire have raced little if any this year.[/QUOTE]

These are things I will be going over with the different classes in a meeting I want to have with them all in the near furture for plans for 2014 for all classes and the track.

No problem.

How’s this.

checks

I have 2 checks from 4 weeks ago that bounced, whom do I contact to make these good ?

called last Saturday they said no problem bring them in and they would make good, but with you as new promoter does that change. re: my situation?

Wonderful! You are the responsive man! :slight_smile:

Thank You Bobby>

Good luck Gary. I’m very happy for you !

No problem, any anytime you have a problem with me just …

No problem, any anytime you have a problem with me just call me or post it. I get a little over the top(just sometimes). Gary and I have been talking for the last couple of years. You learn from your mistakes. I would like to thank Gary for all the help that made the SOUTHERN SLAM come together. We will have the SOUTHERN SLAM Touring Series next year 2014. Now we have Lee County Civic Center, Sebring, Eastbay and Citrus that I have spoke to and they like the way that FASTRUCK was ran and as the old saying goes “The SHOW must go on”. Thanks to all of the people that had sign up. It going to be exciting. Also if anyone is going to the Disney America Muscle Car Show next weekend check out the info. $99.00 rooms @ night and pass to any Disney Park that night.

This is from Jeremy Ong:
PLEASE HELP US PROMOTE THIS TO EVERYONE. WE NEED BODIES AND ROOMS.
THIS IS A GREAT GET-A-WAY for the weekend, EVEN IF YOU DON?T GO SEE THE CARS.

We have an extremely low room rate offered for rooms at Disney?s Coronado Springs Resort for the entire weekend. $99.00 per night, which includes (two) free ?After 4 pm Disney Theme Park Tickets.? These same rooms are typically priced at $219 a night without the passes, so this is a great deal! Rooms can be booked by calling 407-939-4686 and using the special reservation group code G0605618A. Also, attached is theme park ticket link (http://www.mydisneymeetings.com/dcw13/)

Attached is the information regarding the RPM Muscle Car Showdown at Disney?s Hollywood Studios on Sunday night (click link: Lights Motors Action Theater Photos). This is information about the December park buyout ?fashion show? event by Parker Brothers Concepts.

Monday Cars and Coffee event by duPont REGISTRY. We desperately NEED to advertise this, as we need a LOT of guests and cars to book rooms (especially for Sunday night) and participate in this event. We have some representatives from Porsche Club of America that will be coming to attend this event to scope it out. We have already reached out to our friends at the Jaguar Club.

Great news! We have decided to provide (two) complimentary after 4pm tickets especially for any guests that will be coming to attend the Cars and Coffee event during the RPM Muscle Car weekend that will only stay for one night. Please note that this only pertains to guests staying only for Sunday night. If a guest has a room reservation arriving Saturday, August 30th and checking out on Monday, September 2nd, they will only receive (two) complimentary after 4 pm tickets for the entire stay.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Jeremy Ong, CMP
Resort Sales Manager, Disney Destinations
PO Box 10,000 Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830 | W - 407.566.4893 | C ? 321.284.7280 | F ? 407.566.4880

So take the wife and Family!!!
Sorry NO BOBBY BUCKS
Bobby “The BIG TOP” Diehl (Don I learned it all from you THANKS)
RPM International Motorsports Expo
Walt Disney World Resorts
813-817-RACE (7223)
fastruckinc@aol.com

Now THAT’S how to hi-jack a post…a real master piece…OSF

[QUOTE=Bigray;132586]I have 2 checks from 4 weeks ago that bounced, whom do I contact to make these good ?

called last Saturday they said no problem bring them in and they would make good, but with you as new promoter does that change. re: my situation?[/QUOTE]

Give me a call if you would like I am sure I can sovle the problem for you one way or another.

Gary Laplant
813 313 8741

The events that Bobby has on here are cool and fine with me I helped put some of the rules together on the Ft Meyers event for Rex. Really looks like a great event might even talk to Rex on putting the same event on at Citrus Soon

Gary Laplant
813 313 8741

For those of you who keep saying “don’t re invent the wheel” need a serious reality check…there isn’t any wheels left up here to re invent! They fell off long ago =) If the management is so “great” where have all the cars and fans went? Its the “economy” is my all time favorite from those who are not smart enough to think for themselves or are sheepie in their little click. I see some of the names do not ring a bell or visit with a traveling series. My statement is based on the fact that I have seen many promoters come and go over a 25 year period and this group is the worst I have encountered. My dad and I both are former track champions and have been racing at the track since the mid 80’s. There are SERIOUS problems with Critter and his group and until they are gone the problems will continue. Nothing against any of them on a personal level, they are just unable to manage the place and keep their personal favorites out of the picture. The current situation at CCS validates my statement.Between the tech man racing and working on cars, letting his friends slide through tech and the extreme favoritism that is displayed it has ran many of us off to other tracks, forms of racing and other hobbies.The track needs a fresh start all the way around to get the cars and fans back. The current group have had several years to make it work and all they have done is fast track the place down the tubes. A prime example would involve measuring a set a set of springs off of a car that the tech man drove in the PS F8 class. First of all the tech man has ZERO…ZERO business driving a car at the same track he works at. I don’t know about you guys, but when springs are measured they are BOTH brought to the bench and matched coil for coil and measured side by side…not one at a time from the passenger side of the car and carried to the bench. The tech man was watched by several people walk to the car in question and remove one spring from inside the car and return to the tech area with it…measure it and then return the spring the car and grab the second spring? Really? The only reason we all knew the springs were illegal is the driver of the car spilled the beans to everyone they were wrong! The tech man tried to pull this on everyone in fear of messing up his free ride. After everyone raised hell about it, Critter finally got involved and the car in question was DQ’d. Had the driver kept his mouth shut, it would have flew under the radar…makes you wonder how many other instances we don’t know about ;). One of two things is wrong with this picture A.) the tech man is unable to read/use a tape measure and caliper gauge or B.) he is biased and shouldn’t be the tech man to begin with. Either way he was unqualified for the job. After getting caught red handed he should have been fired on the spot by management, however this did not happen.The current GM is more concerned with changing tires for extra cash than supervising his employees and running the show. The actions of your employees is a direct reflection upon those who manage them. Its all about who you are and if you want to play along with their little games and shenanigans, which many of us do not condone nor did we sign up for it. We just wanted to come and race and get a fair shake. I would be happy to share all kinds of stories with you but that’s not going to change the past, I am concerned with the future. I was a $250-300 per night customer BEFORE I bought fuel and tires and I can promise you that until they are gone I will not spend another dime at CCS. After speaking with Gary I am very confident that he will right the ship and make it a great place to race again. I am sure Mr. LaPlant is getting plenty of calls from drivers and fans that are relaying the same type of things I am saying and he can form a very good opinion of what the problems truly are and make a business decision based on the wants and needs of his customers.

First I would like to welcome Mr Laplant. It’s definitely going to be nice to actually have a promoter that will communicate with you and actually care about the drivers and car owners… With that being said I hope their isn’t any drastic rule changes mid season. I run a street stock and a quarter way through the year they put us on the racing tires. I wasn’t a fan of the idea at first because of the cost,(130 mounted), but I actually get as many races out of these as I would a $125 radial,( plus $5 to mount then $10 to have cut),. No matter what I will be there… And it will be nice to have a long overdue change of promoters!

Just wanted to let you know…

Just wanted to let you know about a GREAT deal for you and your Family. From now on I will TRY to keep from hi-jacking a post. Sorry I didn’t mean to get you upset. Please remind me if I do. Thanks!!! But I also wanted to express my thoughts from the other post and got carried away. I will move the part about the AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR SHOW at Disney World with the fantastic deal. Did I just do it again. Dang I so dumb. Thanks again I’ll copy and paste it to a NEW POST!!! Will that be better. Oh Thanks to Rex for allowing Gary and myself to see all our old and even a bunch of new friends. Sorry we got rained out. Good car count and there where 900 A-dale fans ready to see some GREAT racing. Everyone we spoke to are ready for the NEW DEAL!!! Gary’s up to the challenge and I am ready help in any little way to get Citrus back to the old friendly race track were the stands are packed because of GREAT racing that you the racer make happen. Give Gary a call at 813 313 8741 and ask him if you have any questions… If you have any promotion ideas I would love to have you call me. Same old number 813-817-RACE (7223). Thanks again and I hope to see you and your lovely family at DISNEY’s RPM American Muscle Car Show this weekend. DANG I did it again!!! Sorry!!!

Sunshine re-opening caused drivers to leave…

Gary, Good luck with your new endeavor. Citrus is a nice facility which offers great racing. I have never had anything negative to say or think about the track or staff from a fan or racer standpoint. And since i moved back from NC it is my home track now…i see a racecar in my near future. Back at it after 15 yrs off!

Benny you ae right!!!

Now if we all could get All the tracks to sit down like the old days when Don N use to run the state. Don taught me a lot and was the MAIN reason the FASTRUCK’s still have the Drivers climbing the NASCAR ladder. Benny you know and remember back in the old days when the Touring Series would support the locals Teams. The Grand Stands were full at almost every track. I heard that there is one planed in September. I hope all the tracks are there. Keep up the GOOD work on what’s happening!!! YOU ARE the MAN!!!