New owner at Citrus Country Speedway

I have been there one time. tech guy lent me some lead which I appreciated. registration ladies once u get your pit pass were super kind. tire guys were very quick and decent. the 2 issues I seen that I would have and would and will keep me from coming there weekly is I seen the top 3 cars in features getting tore apart to check for whatever it is I am not sure but, for me, Im not gonna have to spend money to put my motor back together, clutch & trans back in or any other extra expenses every time I finish top 3. the cost of tires being $600, the added cost for a pit slab, the fact the electric pole was shocking my guys all night long was al & the fact I paid for my pit pass with a $100 bill, never got my change back and when I realized it and went to ask about it, I was told I must have got my change back. I KNEW exactly how much money I come with and when I added everything up from the night, I was short the change that I was told I got. That definitely pissed me off and that deal, along with this tearing stuff down every night ordeal is the reason we have not returned & I doubt we will if things will continue the way they are with post race tech & dishonesty. I spent almost $800.00 for tires, passes, etc so does it seem like I would lie or be upset over $75 in change if I did in fact get it. It was my own fault cause I had so much on my mind with never being there and trying to get everything done I needed to. I never gave it a thought and walked away. not trying to single anyone out cause I would not know the name if I wanted but I KNOW I did not get my change back & was not impressed when we left with $65 in start money.

post race tech & dishonesty

Dishonesty? You are accusing them of being dishonest while also admitting to walking away without the money. Come on bud, I’d drop that one. It took two parties for this to occur. And you can’t expect them to hand out money to everyone who comes over and asks for it.

As you know, post race tech is part of racing. Most racers in Florida are usually complaining because of the lack of tech at many tracks.

I’ve run there 5 or 6 times over the years and really liked it. Why not give it another try?

Sportsman 50 lap next week

Todd, bring your hot rod and come try it again next Sat. 9/7 50 lap use your FUPS Membership Card and get in free!

good luck gary

inverness is a good town,hopefully you can gain the town folks support.It is a nice facility but in need of a lot of upgrades,i hope you can build it back to what it could become

I got this from CCS message board…posted on Flagstand

Gary Laplant has hired veteran Rick Bristol as the Director of Racing at the 1/4 mile facility. Rick will do the race directing , over see the race day operations including schedules, tech and other race day duties.

?I have known Rick for several years, and have worked with and sponsored his yearly Charity Race Weekend with Nascar?s Joey Coulter. He is a straight forward, honest person that brings fairness, firmness and consistency to the speedway. He built a great truck series in late 2011 into 2012 that gained much respect around Florida. He has worked to clear his schedule to be able to do this job for me and I am excited to have him be a part of big plans ahead at Citrus. I am confidence that this is a real positive move going forward?. stated Laplant.

?I got the call from Gary last Monday in a initial conversation, then Gary and I continued the talks and finalized the plans on Thursday evening. I am excited to step in and help Gary with his exciting future plans at Citrus. He and I have worked together the last several years on the Joey Coulter Charity 200 Race Weekend as he is one of our major sponsors. I appreciate his support and friendship and we have talked and have some great ideas and plans ahead at Citrus. He really cares about racing and wants to do some big things. You will see improvements being made on the property, and in the racing program as well as in personnel and events as we close out the 2013 season and prepare for an exciting 2014 season. We want the drivers and fans to get back to seeing Citrus as the place to race on Saturday nights and we will work very hard to make it happen. I am looking forward to getting started on September 14th? expressed Bristol.

Rick?s first event will be September 14th as he has a previous church event he can not change this close to the date. Watch for more exciting announcements and happenings in the weeks to come, as Gary begins to put into effect his plans for the future of the legendary speedway.

The Schedule through September remains this:

September 7th ? FUPS, **TRUCKs (50 Laps), **SP (50 Laps), **OWM (50 Laps), MS, PS

September 14th ? FUPS Late Model Series, MMS, SS, PS, F8, Dwarfs, Legends & Bandoleros

September 21st ? OWM, SS, PS 50 Laps, MS, PF8

September 28th ? SS, Flag Pole Race, Boat & Trailer Race, Suit Case Race, F8, MS, PS

Any changes or the firm October Schedule will be released soon.

Please stay tuned as things move forward at Citrus County Speedway.

Does this mean Critter has been fired???:confused:

Did they even have a race director before?

Critter

will continue to be GM…