Non Wings Sprints This Satuurday May 3

Don’t miss all this great action this Saturday Night May 3,2014 at Citrus County Speedway

Non Wing Sprints 35 laps
Race #2 OWM 6 Pack 50 Laps
Street Stocks,
Pure Stocks,
Hornet Pro.
Hornet Rookie
Pro Figure 8

Come out and hear the great engine roaring of the Non Wing Sprints Cars along with the rest of the classes.

Check out all the prices, rules and payouts at www.citruscountyspeedway.com

:sport009: :ernaehrung004: :huepfen024:

Gary,

> Any guess as to Sprint Car count? Went to another track recently and it was just so low it was not interesting.

> I like to take my dad (in his 80’s), but the setting sun is just brutal for him, and the stands on the backstretch are significantly more expensive. Any thoughts about separating them from the pits, and charging grandstand admission in the future (or anything else you can think of…)?

Old school I am one of the sprint drivers and based on previous nights there should be around 20 or so cars. Hope you can make it out Saturday.

As long as the TBARA isn’t running the race, I am sure it will be fine…

Now someone just give Butler a Binkie and Fritz a time out… and it will be a great show.

Not that I will see it.

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;144266]Gary,

but the setting sun is just brutal for him, and the stands on the backstretch are significantly more expensive. Any thoughts about separating them from the pits, and charging grandstand admission in the future QUOTE]

WOW, now that would get my ole butt back to Citrus… I just went from the pay booth up to the pit stands (can’t walk around pits anyways)… after races, would walk back out the back gate and leave…if they found a way to charge general admission, but let you sit on the pit side (avoid the sun)… that would be super great… what can you do for this 70 y/o race fan from the early 60’s… OSF

The heck with age… I would pay to sit back there…the sun is insanely strong there, just dont wanna pay 90 bucks to see a race

“Hope you can make it out Saturday.”--rdv69

Thank you very much for the invite.

Who knows, maybe hope for the backstretch stand yet. I notice they are largely empty anyway…

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;144266]Gary,

> Any guess as to Sprint Car count? Went to another track recently and it was just so low it was not interesting.

> I like to take my dad (in his 80’s), but the setting sun is just brutal for him, and the stands on the backstretch are significantly more expensive. Any thoughts about separating them from the pits, and charging grandstand admission in the future (or anything else you can think of…)?[/QUOTE]

If you don’t want to go in the pits, get there early and go down to turn 4. There are a couple of spots you can get some shade before the sun goes down and still have a good view of the track.

Benny,

Thx for the thoughts!

I kinda prefer to sit on a straight–for debris purposes. I know, sounds like whining, I guess…

2 quick stories:

>At Orlando [I]Speedway /I in the 60’s I saw a spark plug blow out of Henry Pullen’s six cylinder sportsman and head over the turn four stands, glowing like a missile. It made an impression!

>At Orlando Speedworld was in the pits when a modified was clipped, over corrected, and completely climbed the fence before landing back on the track. The grandstand outside turn 3 was, fortunately, near empty.
Next race, it was full! Go figure…

I dont know if anyone will sit in those turns now! They need a little work