15 days til Daytona!

Chumpcar road racing at Daytona on 5/25.Race starts at 8am and the checkered flies at 10 pm! If any of my ol circle track buddys are not busy, come on out! #100 Camaro. One of our drivers may not be able to make it so a 1 or 2 hour stint may be available to rent. PM me if interested.
Oh yeah, was told we have 120 entries! All on the track at the same time.

I have a $250 dollar deposit paid for a team that didn’t come together… Car… No drivers. Wonder if its transferable ? 1 hour ? Hell,
I’d be happy with 5 laps ! …OR I have permission to move my deposit to Sebring. You racing there ?
Let me know if that’s something workable.

Sorry I didn’t answer sooner(computer virus). Our 4th guy has gotten his $h!T together it seems, so we’re full. Have you checked the Chumpcar forum? May be something there. If you make it to Daytona, come say hello! #100 white camaro

[QUOTE=palmbayer;144693]I have a $250 dollar deposit paid for a team that didn’t come together… Car… No drivers. Wonder if its transferable ? 1 hour ? Hell,
I’d be happy with 5 laps ! …OR I have permission to move my deposit to Sebring. You racing there ?
Let me know if that’s something workable.[/QUOTE]

You can move that deposit. Are you still looking for a team in the future? Give me a call 352-613-0587. We are looking for a driver for Sebring and potentially another driver to race with us full time.

Thanks to both of you guys. Nathan, I’ll be calling you. If either of you hear of any last min. ride opportunities, please pass on my number. (321) 794-0965.
Thanks. Hope to speak to both of you at the race.

We will be there with the #55 and Ricks team. Looking forward to it again…:aktion033:
-JIM-

Daytona Bound

:ernaehrung004:

Wow Rick that thing looks badass! How many laps do they dock you for car value and parts?

Thanks
Patrick Thomas 25

LOVE that car!!!

Thanks for the compliments guy’s, we’ve worked really hard to bring a nice piece.
The car values system changed between last year and now , playing the odds the second generation camaro has little value to the wine and cheese racers.With that Chumpcar gives a
starting value of $150.00 and room for $350.00 worth of add ons.:auto003:
:wink: That’s right up my alley.

I will have to come check that thing out on Sunday. It looks great.

Great looking car!!!

Heck if you changed the # to 6 an put SUNOCO on the rear 1/4’s it would look like the Vintage Racer Mark Donahue drove for Penske. Now THAT’S A Chump Car (yes I know Mark’s car was a 1969 not a 74). Still would turn some heads:aktion033:.

I’d like to paint ours like the old Scott Sharp Camaros. Used to love watching those D.O.T. yellow cars!

Humble beginings

This is the before pic of the Camaro.
I bought off cemetery hill on the east side of Williston around 10 years ago.
Bobby I love the Sunoco car, that would be and awesome look for our car.
Rick m

How did your team do at Daytona?

Patrick, I sure am glad you decided to come check out the racing or we might still be standing there scratching our heads thinking, " what’s missing in this picture?" And you gave your BLOOD for us! LOL!

BTW, I checked the Garmin and our highest speed was 154.7 mph! And I think we could have gone a couple seconds faster! F’ing T-5 trannies!

Even though we didn’t finish, we did do approximately 380 miles at DAYTONA!!!

Thanks again!!

Ups and Downs

We also had transmission woes, broke ours around 11:15 pulled it out, went to Funk Racing :wink: got a back up and rejoined the fight.
Ended up 74th over all and went 530 miles.
Not a scratch on the car so over all not bad. we will be fixed and ready for Sebring!

Tell me what I need to do to rent a ride In that thing at Sebring John. I’ll be happy to bleed on it again if necessary.

That racing just looks like fun, kinda what I’ve been missing in local short track racing.

Patrick Thomas 25

Seat Rental Forum

http://forum.chumpcar.com/index.php?/forum/27-putting-people-together-the-connection/

[QUOTE=Patrick Thomas 25;145467]Tell me what I need to do to rent a ride In that thing at Sebring John. I’ll be happy to bleed on it again if necessary.

That racing just looks like fun, kinda what I’ve been missing in local short track racing.

Patrick Thomas 25[/QUOTE]

I’ll keep you in mind for sure! My newest teammate at Daytona wasn’t there to help unload, didn’t make it to the drivers meeting(came strolling up at 9am!) AND didn’t help us load back up! The bad thing is, he gives me a LOT of business and if I lose him as a client, you may be taking MY spot at Sebring! :slight_smile:

We’ve got to come up with a T56 or a beefed up T-5 if we’re ever going to finish a race…