Lake City

13 cars was surprising to see, but they did have 20 at 5 flags, so that’s positive. 13 cars has got to be the lowest count since the series started, but I don’t think it is a big deal. They will be back in the 20s by the next race.

Steve Dorer won in Indiana last night. I’d love to see him be a SSS regular.

random thoughts about racing at Columbia in 2014

Let’s see- you can’t possibly be having a race within the next 4 weeks, that’s too short of notice.
Can’t race on the weekend of Nov. 22- Governors Cup.
The next weekend after that is Thanksgiving and the next after that is The Derby- and then it’s Christmas season, fans and racers are busy with holiday activities.

Basically leaves us with the last weekend in Sept., the 27th, through the third weekend in Nov., the 15th- although I doubt you’re going to have a race that close to the Gov. Cup.
8 weekends max to hold a race, and getting fewer every weekend as you have to give the racers and fans some notice if you expect anyone to turn out.

just saying…Thanks for any updates if you can.

I think this might be like the Putnam County and Three Palms deal. In order to keep it a racetrack, a certain number of races have to be run per year. And if that’s the case, it wouldn’t matter which day, how many cars, or how many fans were there. So Lake City could put on a race on December 31st. I was there years ago, it was a pretty good track. I hope it remains a race track.

Matt, I heard there’s going to be an event there sometime in November. Not sure when or what classes will be run. If they have Sportsman, I’ll be there. You’re right on though, it’s a pretty good track.

Hey ScottGarrity07- sometimes the squeaky wheel does get greased- LoL!

I hope you and alot of other cars make it to their show and it turns out to be an awesome weekend.
I am F’ing stoked to hear about the race in Nov. and am looking forward to that weekend as much as any race all year.
Not to mention it sounds like they are going to revive the place for 2015. Awesome news for fans of pavement racing in north FL.

@ScottPrentice-Never be afraid to ask for what you want, the worst anyone can tell you is no!

We will be there for at least Saturday. Come by and introduce yourself and we’ll share a SUDS! :ernaehrung004: