Count down begun Wescott Merorial-Showtime 8/30

The Count down has begun [SIZE=“6”]9[/SIZE] days till the biggest race in the History of Showtime Speedway.

Everyone make your plans and tell all your friends to attend this great event in the Memory of one of out our. Bryan Wescott Memorial 103 Laps Super Late Model race. Possible $17,500.00 plus lap money to win.

http://www.realracinusa.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18580&stc=1&d=1408633580

Help me out here. Much hype about this race.

For the uninformed, there is nothing said about who this person is/was…please fill me in. What’s his story. Thank you.

Already planning a road trip with three paying customers (so far).

Also, what are the details on how to get the $17,500?

Bonus

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;149590]Already planning a road trip with three paying customers (so far).

Also, what are the details on how to get the $17,500?[/QUOTE]

Basically, The fast qualifier has the option to start in the rear (26th) and if he/she can win the race there is a $10,000 bonus on top of the $7500 to win. IF he elects not to take the challenge, then it will be offered to the 2nd, 3rd or 4th qualifier. Only one of the top 4 qualifiers can accept the challenge. There must be atleast 26 cars in the field.

[QUOTE=Groundpounder;149585]Help me out here. Much hype about this race.

For the uninformed, there is nothing said about who this person is/was…please fill me in. What’s his story. Thank you.[/QUOTE]Bryan was a long-time St. Pete/DeSoto/Inverness regular who started out (I believe) crewing on Jim Fenton’s “FOUR” Late Model. Bryan built a “Sportsman” car in the early '80s and worked his way up into a Late Model. He drove for Big Three Truck Salvage, which is/was a huge “junkyard” in the area.

In the mid-'80s, he got the ride in our car, the Bob Kirk-owned #12 which had been piloted before by names like Reutimann, Childers, Scarborough, Reagan, Billy Gill, Shorty Stuart, Paul Conners, Don Denney, and Dave Pletcher. He drove our car from about mid-1984 through the summer of 1986, when he got hurt in a racing incident. Bryan won quite a few features for us, and was one of the nicest guys you’d ever meet on or off the track.

He passed away after a construction accident, I believe, in 2001.

Thank you.

Entry List

Could someone affiliated with Showtime please give us an early entry list, and the commits please. Kim at New Smyrna always does as does Desoto. Thank you.

Entired

Here is a list of the ones that I know have said they were coming. Showtime Speedway did not require a pre entry and they DO NOT charge for pit slabs so there really wasnt a need to call the track. There are a few more that should be there but dont know for sure.

1. 05 Harold Crooms II Lakeland, FL
  2. 07 Jeff Scofield Plant City, Fl
  3. 07x Tyler Scofield Plant City, Fl
  4. 4 Randy Anderson Wildwood, FL
  5. 5 Joe Boyd Riverview, FL
  6. 7 Darryl Shelnut Lake City, FL
  7. 8 North Carolina
  8. 9 Rob Partelo St. Pete, FL
  9. 12 David Green Ft. Pierce, FL
  10. 17L Ryan Lisak Lakeland, FL
  11. 17 Eddie King Bartow, FL
  12. 20 Anthony Sergi Oviedo, FL
  13. 22 David King Bartow, FL
  14. 30 Jesse Dutilly
  15. 33 Daniel Webster Lakeland, FL
  16. 47 Chris Fontaine Lakeland, FL
  17. 50 Ricky Anderson Wildwood, FL
  18. 51 Stepen Nasse Pinellas Park, FL
  19. 53 Charles Kopach Minneola, FL
  20. 59 Jake Perkins Ocala, FL
  21. 60 Talon Craft Clearwater, FL
  22. 75 Dave Pletcher
  23. 79 Dakotah Stephens Brandon, FL
  24. 82 Drew Brannon Tampa, FL
  25. 84 Wayne Anderson Wildwood, FL
  26. 88 Justin Larson St. Pete, FL
  27. 92 Devin McLeod Zephyrhills, Fl

You can add #20 Anthony Sergi. We’ll be there Friday

Rick Day

Thanks for the quick response. Looking forward to next weekend. I heard Shelnut broke his arm in the crash at Desoto. Thanks again.

[SIZE=“4”][B]

[QUOTE=Groundpounder;149585]Help me out here. Much hype about this race.
For the uninformed, there is nothing said about who this person is/was…please fill me in. What’s his story. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

For those that are not familiar with Bryan K. Wescott, Sr. here?s a bio that we put in the program on the first BKW Memorial Race I organized for him back on the 10th anniversary of his passing in 2011.

[/B][/SIZE]

Jim, do you have any pictures of Bryan’s #XII from early on (you say 1979 in this article)? I don’t think I ever saw that car.

Also, Bryan was hurt driving our #12; not the “XII” as stated. :slight_smile: I have the pics to prove it.