Newsmyrna Speedway Sportsman 50 10-4

It is time again for another big sportsman weekend at Newsmyrna speedway, when the sportsman cars go 50 laps on the big half mile. There were several new cars there testing last night with 15 cars in attendance for the last test and tune race before the 50 lap special. Todd Allen came home with a dominant win and looks good to have a shot at the $1,000 winners prize money next week. There will be some new cars returning that haven’t raced this year along with several of the traveling cars that race different tracks from one night to the next. Expect a big 20 plus car field and I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.

How about if your a sportsman driver planning on running this race you sound off and let the fans know you’ll be at Newsmyrna Saturday 10-4

I’ll be there
Patrick Thomas 25

Just a note here: I still have a 9" chunk with only 2 races on it.
Locked 5:14…28spline. $250 in the tote.
Sportsman built motor gear… cel 352-274-2585…
-JIM-

Well, we weren’t there last night but you can bet your bottom dollar that the 07 Sportsman team will be there next Saturday night loaded for bear. Sure, there are other bigger paying Sportsman races than the New Smyrna Sportsman 50’s, but ZERO have the prestige of winning on the big high-banked half mile. Nothing compares to the speed you can carry into the corner after winding your motor up flat out down those long NSS chutes. It’s like nothing else south of Thompson Speedway or Winchester (or Bristol for that matter). For us Sportsman guys, these races are our Daytona 500. With the help of my friend Patrick Thomas we have retooled the 07 Sportsman with a radical new setup. That coupled with 4 brand new sticky Hoosiers have me chomping at the bit to get back to my new “home track” (3 1/2 hrs from my house). A big thank you to Kim Brown, Robert Hart and Jeff Sutcliffe for welcoming me into the NSS family and for providing one helluva palace to compete at. If you’re a competitor, come on out and be a part of this great event. If you’re a fan please come on out. I promise you me and the rest of the Sportsman boys will put on a show you won’t soon forget. Man, I can’t remember a race that I have been anticipating so much. Hope to see everyone there! (SUDS rules will be in effect!) :ernaehrung004:

I’m hoping to drive down for this one! If you think N.S. is big, you should have raced Lakeland USA. MY Daytona! :slight_smile:

I do miss Lakeland also. Had some great runs there, had some terrible runs there. One time after a fastruck race there this guy from north Florida, that ran a number 17 truck, told me yes you had a bad race today, but you know how to get it done, your next race is just a couple weeks away. Get your shit figured out and go bust there ass next race.

3 weeks later was a fastruck race at New Smyrna, I won that race, thanks John.

Look me up next Saturday, while I am not a drinker, I will buy you a burger.

Patrick Thomas 25

Yeah, Lakeland. Unfortunately by the time I got my racing program going here, U.S.A. was just closing. I’d seen A.S.A, ProCup and Super Lates there and it looks like it was a blast to drive. I envy you guys.

[QUOTE=Patrick Thomas 25;150985]I do miss Lakeland also. Had some great runs there, had some terrible runs there. One time after a fastruck race there this guy from north Florida, that ran a number 17 truck, told me yes you had a bad race today, but you know how to get it done, your next race is just a couple weeks away. Get your shit figured out and go bust there ass next race.

3 weeks later was a fastruck race at New Smyrna, I won that race, thanks John.

Look me up next Saturday, while I am not a drinker, I will buy you a burger.

Patrick Thomas 25[/QUOTE]

Will do, actually I had a stint saved for you at Sebring because I knew you would let me do a practice session in your ride at N.S. :slight_smile:

Needless to say after Patrick’s original post. Out of respect for the roll call, I’ll be there.

Someone call Desoto and convince them to reschedule/cancel their weekly sportsman race so that Brandon Morris can join us.

John bring your suit Sunday November 9th and I’ll let you drive a practice at your local home track, ellisville. I need the test time this weekend, but could always use help in the pits.

Patrick Thomas 25

If I can make it down, I’ll help you for sure. The least I could do after the DEBACLE at Daytona!! LOL!
I’m not getting in your hotrod though. With my luck, I’d run over something and stuff it in those stupid concrete barriers that they put up! Hate those things!! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=RSB;151032]If I can make it down, I’ll help you for sure. The least I could do after the DEBACLE at Daytona!! LOL!
I’m not getting in your hotrod though. With my luck, I’d run over something and stuff it in those stupid concrete barriers that they put up! Hate those things!! :)[/QUOTE]
Yes, tell me about those concrete thingys…:sprachlos020: :huh:
-JIM-

I wish I was…still rebuilding my car (AGAIN!) :mad:

Should be a great night. Been hearing the rumors about a lot of the top Sportsman guys coming out for this one. Rain chances for Saturday Night are down to 11 percent! Yeehaa! Great card on tap besides the big Sportsman race too! Pro Late Models, Emods, Super Stocks and Strictly Stock too!

It’s usually too painful for me to go watch ( since I quit) but I’m really psyched about this night! Hopefully I’ll get to visit with a few old friends!

Hey RSB (John), if you come by to see Patrick, I would be honored to meet you ( I’ll be pitted next to him). Patrick always speaks very highly of you and tells me that he learned a lot from you when he was starting out on asphalt. Patrick may not drink and will buy you a cheeseburger, but I’ll have a beer (or two) for ya to wash it down. Hope to see you there! Is it Saturday yet??? :ernaehrung004:

Patrick could be BS’ing you a little but we go way back for sure!

Cold front will move through in the a.m. with some rain and then by evening rain chances fall to 0%!

It’s going to be cool and comfortable by racetime, so come on out!

Probable Sportsman Drivers:
Donny Williams
Earl Beckner
Patrick Thomas
Todd Allen
Derrick Wood
Chris Brannon
Aaron Williamson
Daniel Conlin Jr.
Ron Gustafson
John Emerson
D.J. Farr
Justin Starr
Garrett Hill
Austin Carr
Mike Pletka
Mike Soukop
George Gorham Jr
Phillip Bessette
Shelton Bowers
Roger Blevins
Richard Fiore
Ted Helmes
Scott Garrity

Guess I better buy a 24 pack for the SUDS Meeting after the races! :ernaehrung004:

Ricky Bobby

#27 Starr Mechanical will be there with the Pierce’s trying to have a good time with the rest of the class!