Question For Old Farts

Have any Old Farts gone to any track in Florida that didn’t offer a senior discount… Me neither… that is until this past weekend at Desoto Speedway…I understand the raising the gate price due to a high dollar payout for a special event… but to not respect the seniors with a discount was just never heard of…(things must be rough in Bradenton)…

NSS “Always” has a discount (even when they have to raise the gate price)…Same with Ocala, East Bay, and all the others…

Just wondering if others noted the difference of how one track treat senior fans… God knows, tracks sure need all the fans they now have… don’t need to mistreat anyone and loose them…

(also heard they jacked up the price for children… a family of 2 adults and 2 children cost $100.00 to get in…not verified, only heard the story by the family involved)

OSF

No Senior discounts at Bubba for the All Stars this past week-end either. Special show was the reason given to anyone who asked. Price was $35.00 per show but an extra $5.00 got a person in the pits. Florida Speedweeks at the short tracks are starting to become pricey…Wish they had some type of discount for those of us who follow (or suffer through) their regular season.

old farts and race tracks

track greed got me out of racing. car class’s are dying ,set of shocks at 1200.00 on a car paying 150.00 to win, 25.00 to park car to practice. three palm speedway will not last this year. will be at least one more closing.

Wouldn’t work at Volusia. One group holds the lease for 3 weeks during Speedweeks, while another has the other 49. They CANT offer discounts to their regulars.

[QUOTE=Old Sunshine Fan;155297]Have any Old Farts gone to any track in Florida that didn’t offer a senior discount… Me neither… that is until this past weekend at Desoto Speedway…I understand the raising the gate price due to a high dollar payout for a special event… but to not respect the seniors with a discount was just never heard of…(things must be rough in Bradenton)…

NSS “Always” has a discount (even when they have to raise the gate price)…Same with Ocala, East Bay, and all the others…

Just wondering if others noted the difference of how one track treat senior fans… God knows, tracks sure need all the fans they now have… don’t need to mistreat anyone and loose them…

(also heard they jacked up the price for children… a family of 2 adults and 2 children cost $100.00 to get in…not verified, only heard the story by the family involved)

OSF[/QUOTE]
Kids were five bucks. Both days. Still not unreasonable. It was worth it.

Kat, I would have never put you in the catagory to be one to answer this thread!

Me, on the other hand…

Probably a good idea to call ahead these days regardless of venue and then simply decide if it is cost effective to go.

I have been surprised at the gate on a few occasions recently.

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;155365]Kat, I would have never put you in the catagory to be one to answer this thread!

Me, on the other hand…

Probably a good idea to call ahead these days regardless of venue and then simply decide if it is cost effective to go.

I have been surprised at the gate on a few occasions recently.[/QUOTE]

Why not, im old… Mybe not as old as you… But old enough… Lol.

Hendry County has no senior discount either.Bronson didnt either when I went there.