New Smyrna Results for 3/28/15

Unofficial Finishes - New Smyrna Speedway - 3/28/15

Super Late Models (50 Laps):

1. Anthony Sergi #20
  2. Wayne Anderson #84
  3. David Rogers #11
  4. Brad May #9 (Fast Qualifier - 17.333)
  5. Jeff Scofield #07J
  6. Michael Lira #57
  7. Tyler Scofield #07T
  8. Brad Bowman #2
  9. Noah Cornman #30
    DNS - Doug Elliott #7
    DNS - Tim Sozio #16

Super Stocks (25 Laps):

1. Justin Reynolds #20
  2. Preston Hunt #6
  3. Jeff Colburn #3
  4. Matt Reynolds #77
  5. Shannon Kelly #23
  6. Butch Herdegen #43
  7. Gino Tuminello #60
  8. Bobby Holley #56
  9. J. T. Tippins #31
  10. Garrett Hill #95
  11. Mike Dahm #21D
  12. Dale Howard #63
  13. George Dahm #21X
    DNS - Eric Kottwitz
    DNS - Ronnie Haddon

Mini Stocks (15 Laps):

1. Ted Vulpius #71
  2. Brad Blanton #17
  3. David Russell #31
  4. Mark Broat #6
    DNS - Jamie Dixson #8

Bombers (20 Laps):

1. William Hindman #89
  2. Shane Sutorus #3
  3. Zachary Curtis #63
  4. Aaron Overman #03
  5. Warren Howie #16
  6. Charlie King #37
  7. James Skinner #58
  8. Jim Erb #32

Really disappointed that the car counts were so low, but I still had a good time. And the super stocks are awesome!!

ok, can someone explain the superstock race/finish to me?

95 jumps the start…instead of making the obvious call of throwing a caution and restarting like any other track in America does the caution was never thrown, which to me says the flagger accepted the start.

but nope we let the remainder of the race go on and black flag the 95 coming down to the checkered and give the win to the next in line.

As if this isn’t bad enough now the 95 being black flagged gets a 10th finish???

Do the rules/ track policies change depending on mood and parties involved?

Ss

Scott,

In the drivers meeting they said from the beginning of the yr they will not throw the yellow for people jumping the starts that you will be penalized instead of throwing the yellow and taking more time in the race. They black flagged him for the remaining 5 laps and he didn’t think he should pull down Cuz he said he was the race leader not me and they had no reason to black flag him. They said in the driver meeting no jumping would be tolerated

rules

I like that rule. get it done right.

Congratulations to Wayne Anderson on a good run Saturday night. It’s good to see you back out there.

I was in Waycross Saturday, but it was great to see Wayne in the results… Good job my friend. Heard the car was tight…
-JIM-

[QUOTE=justinr20;157317]Scott,

In the drivers meeting they said from the beginning of the yr they will not throw the yellow for people jumping the starts that you will be penalized instead of throwing the yellow and taking more time in the race. They black flagged him for the remaining 5 laps and he didn’t think he should pull down Cuz he said he was the race leader not me and they had no reason to black flag him. They said in the driver meeting no jumping would be tolerated[/QUOTE]

ok, pretty harsh in my opinion, but understood. I somehow don’t think this would work out too well with the slm division.

At pretty much every track I have ever been to, you give them one chance and call back the start. If the same driver jumps more than once they get sent to the rear.

yeah, that’s what I’ve seen. been around racing for my whole life never saw a call like this one. walked away scratching my head… I do that a lot down here. lol

I do it too and I am not even there anymore… :blink: At least things are slowly starting to move in a positive direction finally. :aktion033: