SidsView 2015 @ The New London-Waterford Speedbowl

I got a request to keep some people updated on this so I am making one thread so not to completely clog up a southern forum with northern racing. I know there are a lot of you guys down there who follow what we have going on up here. Check back every week, I will post the link to this main post here and update every week. Thanks for following us!

www.sidsview.com
www.speedbowlct.com

VIDEOS

SidsView 05.02.2015

SidsView 05.09.2015

Rather disappointing 8 car Late Model Feature last night… See, we northerners do struggle at times too. Seekonk had one of their Triple Crown LM features so it hurt us. They had over 25 cars. Great night of racing all around though. Enjoy!

SidsView 05.16.2015

A little red flag drama after some very hard wrecks in the Mini Stocks (both drivers have been heavily fined and penalized), a great 4 car battle for the lead in Late Models and the King finally returns to victory lane in the SK modifieds at Waterford after 11 years! Enjoy!

Another nice job by the crew, Phil. Glad to see you folks back at the Bowl. Is that about it for crowd size today? I remember them being packed and having to get there on the early side to get a spot that you wanted. Maybe those days are gone for good with the exception of special shows. I hope not but sadly, the biggest crowds today seem to show up for demos, thrill shows, and any other form of “smash and crash” show.

Yeah the crowd was a little weak this week. We had a threat of thunderstorms that I think kept many away unfortunately. Last week was a much better crowd. We had a huge line of rain incoming and almost as soon as the final feature ended the rains came. I am sure the crowd will rebound next week. Opening weekend was about 3/4 capacity as was the following week.

Phil, thank you for all of your efforts on bringing us those vids.

Y’all really do have some great racing at that track.

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;159621]Phil, thank you for all of your efforts on bringing us those vids.

Y’all really do have some great racing at that track.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, yeah we are lucky that this track is as good as it is. Thompson only really has good racing in the Late Models and Sportsman and Stafford really only caters to the Dare Stocks and Modifieds. Waterford for whatever reason has the entire package when it comes to side by side competitive racing in every division. There were a number of years though where this was a one groove place too, so it’s all cyclical I guess. In the 90s, Seekonk over in MA was a 2 and 3 lane monster of a track and it’s now lost all it’s grip and become a 1 groove wreckfest. I hope Waterford doesn’t go back to that any time soon, but I hope that also gives you guys hope that some of the one groove tracks there may eventually wear into some good side by side racing. I personally believe treating the high line at flatter tracks really helps the competition. I prefer to run the high side and keep the motor really wound up, but so many tracks the bottom is always the preferred way around so it’s hard.

The only thing that has disappointed me a bit so far this year has been the lighter than normal car counts. Sadly I attribute that to everything getting caught up in the courts for so long this winter. Teams prepped their cars, being unsure if Waterford would even open again, for other tracks or to go on the multiple touring series here full time or some didn’t even prep their cars at all. It’s hurt us just a bit. We are averaging about 16 modifieds, 16 mini stocks 16 street stocks 10 late models and about 13 SK lights. As the season goes along it will very likely pick up a bit. I expect to see 20+ through all divisions by July.

You can run the “Larson Line” anywhere you like. The trick is to keep the field from driving by on the low side…:dry:

SidsView 05.23.2015

SidsView 05.30.2015 - Random Highlights

SidsView 05.30.2015 - Whelen Modified Tour Mr. Rooter 161

Had some good action this week including another epic battle between Doug Coby and Ryan Preece for the win in the Tour race, and between Keith Rocco and Ted Christopher in the SK mods both in front of a capacity crowd! Had a few camera issues going on. Auto focus on the cameras were not liking the humidity for some reason. :dry: Enjoy!

PJ,

When you get the “travellin’ jones”, just drink it off(!!).

I cannot recall a field that deep, racing that hard, in Florida…ever.

I am thankful for the climate, thankful for the racing we have, thankful for the board, thankful to be a small part of an effort here and there, but man, you guys have got it going on.

Bithlo? I would love to see those cars run there, but…

Here is a pet theory of mine. “Regular” rich guys, not uber-rich, but regular rich guys are car owners for the glory. They cannot afford a pro football team, but they can be “the Man” in the pits.

Good for them, I thank them for that.

At any rate, while you are rubbing shoulders with all that, perhaps mention that they could bring that same pile-o-cash to Bithlo or Citrus, run the joint, and be Brian France, rather than Rick Hendrick.

You never know.

ps–you can be Don Nerone!

Phil —Are you folks going to pick up any of the "Tri-Track Series? Maybe Seekonk or Waterford?

Waterford only as far as I know.

SidsView - 06.06.2015

Pretty good night of racing at the Bowl. Side by side battle between Jason Palmer and Keith Rocco for the win in Late Models resulting in a photo finish and a little bit of victory lane shenanigans by the 2nd place finisher. A lesson in how not to brake check when you are leading on the last lap, and some drama in the Limited Sportsmans… AGAIN :ernaehrung004: Enjoy!

Another great vid.

It is like being at another Saturday night race.

SidsView 06.13.2015

Ted Christopher takes flight, 23 and 44 SK Light exchange pleasantries and an eyeglass camera…

My best TopGear intro imitation lol Enjoy!

Thx again Phil.

“Sid’s View” is incredibly well done. Give my regards to whoever edits those things. They keep it moving and the music is always cool also.

I find myself “pulling” for the mod on the outside for laps trying to pass, just like live on a Saturday night.

Thanks for posting these. Don’t get to see the Mods run very often.

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;161360]Thx again Phil.

“Sid’s View” is incredibly well done. Give my regards to whoever edits those things. They keep it moving and the music is always cool also.

I find myself “pulling” for the mod on the outside for laps trying to pass, just like live on a Saturday night.[/QUOTE]

That would be Sid… I’m just a camera guy. lol

Sincerely, good for Sid. He does a great job.

But let us not [insert Phil-ism here] ourselves, you are bad-a behind that camera.

It is tough to find anything though a viewfinder, much less go from tracking the moving leaders to “finding” an incident.