post a pole

If some people i have talked to, two are NASCAR Champions how many drivers or owners would run a Thursday night of thunder at OSW for Modifieds,or regular Mods Sportsman, Super Stocks Mini Stocks, Bombers, And Pro \Late Models. The schedule would copy NSS schedule. It would give Owners and Drivers a day to to repair cars and do set up for NSS on Sat.Modifies Could Be either Modifieds or E Modified
s

Bill,

Good, good.

But are they willing to pay for a pit pass and then race for free?

Those are currently the rules of engagement at OSW.

Even if a purse could be raised (through, say, a sponsor), there will be no fans on a Thursday.

There have been virtually no fans on Fridays and Saturday nights, and although I have been fairly faithful to OSW over the years, I would not attend on Thursdays.

Therefore, not much return for the sponsor…

Nonetheless, good to keep trying. I would very much like to see Bithlo racing again, as it is inherently a good track that promotes good racing.

[QUOTE=Bill Chapman;162421]If some people i have talked to, two are NASCAR Champions how many drivers or owners would run a Thursday night of thunder at OSW for Modifieds,or regular Mods Sportsman, Super Stocks Mini Stocks, Bombers, And Pro \Late Models. The schedule would copy NSS schedule. It would give Owners and Drivers a day to to repair cars and do set up for NSS on Sat.Modifies Could Be either Modifieds or E Modified
s[/QUOTE]

OSW is dead as an active oval track. And it doesn’t look like Ozzy has any intention of scheduling oval track races of any kind there. So it’s going to be a dedicated drifting facility.
But if the track rent is reasonable, insurance can be had, and if the EMS guys and ambulance can be had for the right money, then a racer backed show might work. It will take a long time and lot’s of work to persuade the oval track fans to come back out there. But as long as there’s at least an attempt to keep stock car racing alive out there, it just might make a difference.
Start with one race per month, find some sponsors who will put up $100 to $200 each, charge the racers $50 each to get in, and pay out whatever is left after the above costs. I wouldn’t worry too much about trying to run the e-mods, they aren’t a fan draw and of the hundred or so e-mods that are supposedly waiting breathlessly for the chance to race, only about 10 ever really bother to show up. Concentrate on Street Stock type cars. Keep the rules as open as possible to attract as many cars as possible.

Pole

Matt you have no idea what you are talking about. I just got out of a meeting and the lights at OSW are being replaced as i type. Also the track is going to reopen, Classes will run under NSS rules, This is going to happen. It will be called Thursday Night Thunder. Classes Mods, Sportsman, Super Stocks, Mini Stocks, and Bombers for now just to get track back running

Bill,

If so that is truly wonderful news, and I might be able to make a Thursday or two a month.

Who is paying for it all…?

Pole

Steve the operations Manager is looking for sponsors for the inside wall around track. that is all i have right now

thank you & please keep us posted.

Osw

OLD School payouts are going to be same as NSS for 25 lap features

As a fan who lives nearby, I don’t see myself going to a show on a Thursday night due to work on Friday. I would definitely come out for a Friday night show…

The number 26 Modified will definitely be there for a show or 3!

If I can get off work on a Thursday once this is up and running I will definitely haul over there!

That joint would be perfect for the #26 car.

Like Baby Bear Soup:

>Not too long

>Not too rough

>juuuuuuuuuuuuuuust right.

But, lest we not get our hopes up and Phil Jacques puts in his notice at work, am suspecting that things hinge on the success of the “Operations Manager” in his Sponsor Acquisition Efforts.

If my home track reopens on Thursday nights, I will be there in a car. Not sure what class, but I’ll be in something!

Am pretty sure it won’t be flat black…

Osw

Thanks guys ops manager told me 5 min ago to put word out. when we get this going there will racing twice or three times a month. At least it is a start

Osw

Old School, give me a call cell is: 321-403-4518

Bill, please send me an PM with the details…thx.

Your first post asks if people ( including 2 champions ) would maybe be interested in a Thursday night show. Suddenly, 12 hours later, the track has already begun work on replacing the lights and a schedule already exists. Damn, that’s moving right along.
So this one is carved in stone by the Ops Manager of the month, Steve. Well that settles it then. I was worried this was another of the 50 or so announcements we’ve already heard regarding the track resuming operations.
I hope it does some day. It would sure be a loss if it didn’t.
Please post the schedule and other info. OSW ( the oval track part ) doesn’t believe in doing that sort of thing.

Osw

Thanks Matt I found the right people to talk to. So please help us keep this track alive

Osw

Need input from drivers and owners which is a better night to race? Thursday or Friday. I have hade 5 or 6 emails on this???