post a pole

If I had a choice I would vote for Friday

Ows

This is a pole you guys can vote, So get votes in thanks Bill

Osw

They will not run under NASCAR it was dropped. OSW points only

Osw

Please drivers i know you are out there please support this post

To answer the question yes . Lots of cars are sitting idle on the east coast and central Florida that are waiting for OSW to hopefully reopen. If Thursday doesnt work dont give up go back to Friday night.

Ows

We need drivers from OSW

to take a Chance and have our track back

Hello Bill Chapman, who are you and what do you have to do with the track.

I vote Saturday night. NSS and OSW should work together and race every other week. This works well in other areas.

Osw

Do you think that ProTrucks might be back too?
Thanks
LT

Saturday or sunday’s

Pole Osw

Ok here it is people Thursday Night or Friday??? Who wants to Race again at OSW

Osw

Put trucks on the schedule and I will be there.

Pole Osw

ok some of the Pro Truck Drivers are showing interest. How many more if Friday Night is Race night??

That track has proven to NOT work on Fridays. Why not try something different ? Like Saturday, rotating classes with NSS or running different Saturdays.

NSS is a rock.

They are Saturdays, have always been Saturdays, are entitled to Saturdays, and are concerned with NSS, as they should be.

Bithlo did work on Fridays, though never as big as NSS on any given weekend, they nonetheless had fields and crowds that are comparable or better to other tracks in today’s world.

I would suggest Saturdays are out, and although I might attend from time to time, Thursdays will be a bust.

I still believe we are putting the cart before the horse.

Show the drivers da money, advertise a race, have a few races so everyone involved knows that there is money going on, and then we will see how it goes.

Fridays are by default the best evening, IMO, for Bithlo.

Fridays don’t work there. Have not in many years. A blind man can see that.

NO money is what does not work there on Friday night, nor does no money work at other struggling tracks on Saturday night.

Run alternate weekends anywhere and some % of the fans will show up on an off night, be disappointed, and that will be that.

Run two shows that close on the same night and you are splitting something, fans, cars, or both.

Still, again, thus far it is an academic discussion.

Bill, it seems like you’re pushing the Friday night show. Maybe not, but it seems like it.
In answer to your question, Friday nights would work just as well as Saturday nights, or Tuesday nights, or Sunday afternoons. The problem at OSW has never really been about which night the racing happens. It’s tough to get out there on Friday nights, the traffic is unreal. But tracks all over the country race Friday nights, and those fans and racers all face Friday night traffic.
OSW failed because over the last 5 years of it’s life, there was less and less reason to drive out there. Instead of agonizing over which night would be best to put on a show nobody wants to see, take a brand new, fresh look at what will bring people out there. Starting with the cars. You mention you plan to utilize the NSS rules. Nobody shows up for the NSS shows, so that might not be the best strategy to get folks out to OSW.
Here’s a hint…the track draws BIG crowds and car counts for drifting. Might it be the cars that are responsible for that. Not cheap front injector tickets, not cheap back injector prices, not even free beer, maybe just the import cars themselves putting on a good show. A show worth driving out there to watch.

I would not walk to the end of the block to see a drifting show.

And the NSS, Auburndale, & Citrus cars are existing.

You have stated that you believe that drifting type and/or current type high tech cars will pack the place.

I do not agree with the premise, but, discounting that, it will take a bunch of purse money to get folks to build new cars. Week after week.

Meanwhile, no cars, no crowd.

And it would take a long time–like years–to get both there. Assuming you are correct, I will be at a traditional track watching traditional cars.

Meanwhile, the first purse for anything has not as yet been posted…

1.You don’t live over there, so you’re not the fan OSW is interested in.

2.More authentic gibberish, but i think you were trying to say that NSS, Aub., and Citrus are racing the usual antique cars. Yes, they are. Citrus hasn’t had a large enough field to put on a good race in months, you can throw a rock in the stands or the pits at NSS with no danger of hitting anyone, and Aub. is limping along as a shadow of it’s former self.

1. EVERYONE has stated that the only thing that draws crowds at OSW are drag racing and drifting. What do those 2 race events have in common? Higher tech cars than 81 Monte Carlos with automatics and 2 barrel carbs. Something to think about when putting on any future oval track race there.

2. NO one, and i mean NO One has ever argued that OSW or any other track is paying too much prize money. But neither does drifting or weekly drag racing. Yet they have big car counts and in the case of drifting, big fan counts. We all remember the aerial photos posted a month or two ago of the parking lot over there during a drifting show.

3. No cars no crowd. Well…now that you mention it, you might just be on to something. Maybe Bill should throw that idea into the mix.

4. OSW has all the time in the world to develop a new race program. The last 5 years are wasted time that somebody could have been building a race program. You’ll always be at a “traditional” track running “traditional” cars because progress makes you very nervous.

5. No, i haven’t seen any mention of a purse yet, but i’m betting they are planning on racing for funsies for a while until they get a car base built up.

Pole Osw

Matt what are you on drugs??? I never said anything about Drifting. I f you can not be positive POAD. You do not no what that means u had to be there.