three plams

Park em where the grandstands used to be?

That’s a great idea Weft, curbside parking. They could have carhops on roller skates taking food and drink orders…sounds good… How about it 3PS?

The QUESTION is STILL were are the GRAND STANDS?? Maybe the answer is coming???

[SIZE=“4”]The QUESTION is STILL where are the GRAND STANDS?? Maybe the answer is coming??? The CCAA has got to do something soon. It’s coming up on three years that they have had to get GRAND STANDS as part of their lease agreement!!! I heard the CCAA is giving them a DROP DEAD DATE!!!:ohmy: They have put a Emergence Special MEETING on August 5th and than the regular schedule Meeting on August 13th. :anim_buttkick:Hope it happens.:blink: They have had way to long as far as getting them (the GRAND STANDS). :anim_pound:The Racing Teams are the ones being hurt the most (but also the Charlotte County businesses are not getting all the revenue that they did in the past from the Racing at their Track). I heard they are looking for an investor. Man that would be a mistake.:sprachlos020: It is a lot more that just the stands. Insurance is just one of the many, many, many, many things they have not done. Hope to see everyone at the meeting. If you have a Team it is your investment being abused!!! And should be there if possible!!![/SIZE]

“Hope to see everyone at the meeting.”–Bobby D

I will ask again, what are your objectives, Bob? The racers know what they are getting into down there. The spectators know they will sit on their cooler. Oddly, the airport authority seems to know they will continue to lose coin…

If it is to simply kick the place when it is down, and/or shovel dirt onto the casket, do you think that puts you/desoto/the truck series in a better or worse light?

IMO, it is kind of their bidness. You had a shot at the joint, unless you are going to take another big money run at it, why the concern?

Apologies if you are offended, that is not the point. As you know, I am not a “we are the world” type, but neither do I think it is good to cheer for these sort of things.

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;163480]“Hope to see everyone at the meeting.”–Bobby D

I will ask again, what are your objectives, Bob? The racers know what they are getting into down there. The spectators know they will sit on their cooler. Oddly, the airport authority seems to know they will continue to lose coin…

If it is to simply kick the place when it is down, and/or shovel dirt onto the casket, do you think that puts you/desoto/the truck series in a better or worse light?

IMO, it is kind of their bidness. You had a shot at the joint, unless you are going to take another big money run at it, why the concern?

Apologies if you are offended, that is not the point. As you know, I am not a “we are the world” type, but neither do I think it is good to cheer for these sort of things.[/QUOTE]
[SIZE=“5”]OldSchool+ call me at 813-817-7223 and we can talk for as long as it takes for you to grasp why I am Driven to get NEW BLOOD at the TRACK!!! Thanks and looking forward to your call.[/SIZE]:light:

Maybe someday, but not today.

Meanwhile, if you feel comfortable sharing the ongoing issues of 3 Plams publicly, why not also share your objectives? Others may be interested as well…

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;163491]Maybe someday, but not today.

Meanwhile, if you feel comfortable sharing the ongoing issues of 3 Plams publicly, why not also share your objectives? Others may be interested as well…[/QUOTE]

Maybe he will someday, but not today…

That there is pretty funny.

But IMO, it just leaves onlookers wondering why a Track/Race/Series promoter is seemingly rooting for the demise of a track, or at least it’s current management team.

I would suggest that even if they are “bad”, it will run it’s course by itself.

And although it may seem like I am being critical, but am in actuality looking out for Bobby, as he usually takes the high road and typically is making bold and italicized efforts to promote Florida Racing.

Nah, you’re ok with me OS. Sort of like your sage advice to the perpetrator of the recent controversy about how to handle things. Your advice was spot on and I even took a step back and said to myself “that’s awful good advice”. I enjoy hearing what you have to say and I know your heart resides in the right place.

I know bobby cares about that track down south. He recognizes that it’s dying slowly on the vine. So why postpone the inevitable? How long can it take to run it’s course. How long before the airport gets fed up and just say to hell with it and shuts the place down. I can tell you it’s nothing personal against 3 Palms ownership. But do you want the place to have a future or become a parking lot. The airport is already soured to an extent because of the Kevin Williams fiasco. Now it’s another problem. It’s better now to get someone in there with the capital and the ability to restore the place to what it once was. I have never heard of a racetrack without grandstands. They run 3 car races, when they race that is.It’s useless as it is and there are many racers that want to race there and just want a decent place to go to.

Agreed.

But isn’t it rather all up to the airport authority…period?

If anyone in this deal “should” do anything, it would seem that they should raise the rent/deposit/knowledge dept to qualify the next lessor.

Further, if there is a qualified lessor in the wings, time to figure out how to remove the current operator, who may have violated terms of the agreement.

BUT, if there is no lessor in the wings, their strategy may be to let the current deal limp along.

At any rate, two things seem apparent. 1) It is their deal, and 2) I made most of that up.

ps–thank you for the props sir. I tries…

LOL. Yes it is up to the airport. And the wheels turn slowly, unless someone is pushing them along. I think you get what I am saying. That place can be good once again. I do hope to see you at Desoto in the future and meet up with you.

I am pretty sure the present owners, by now, have realized that they have bit off way more than they can chew and if the airport authority even hinted for them to leave the premises, they would high-tail it back up Nawth. Just my opinion.

Wait, what???

The current operator is from up north:question::dry:

sorry, cheap shot at this point in the game, but it was just laying there and I clearly have little self control…

Not the first example of idiots from up north if you can catch my drift.

Supers, Mods, crowds, weeknight racing, money, fans, good cars, good builders, good drivers…the North definitely does have it going on.

But…it is like going to a car show and looking at a high dollar Foose (or etc) piece-- it is very nice, great,in fact. But the real question is how to I scratch up the jack to get the (fill in the blank here) fixed on my own ride?

The northern racing scene and the FL racing scene are apples and oranges. A lot of the things that work there just don’t work here. Some things you can apply over, but the attitude of “we are superior northern racers with all the answers” simply won’t fly here. It helps when you have worked and raced in both places so you have a comparison to go by on the ground level.

Doesn’t Desoto benefit from the fiasco at three palms ? I mean if it returned to being successful, would not Desoto loose cars ? Don’t give me that crap about tracks working together in Florida either.

So in a way, Is the Bobby crusade possibly going to harm Desoto’s car count in the future ?

I don’t really think it would hurt knowing the drivers that race with us. It’s sort of how it was when Sunsuhine closed down. Maybe some went to Desoto, but a lot just parked em.

IF that’s the objective.

The objective has not been clarified.

You know the digits. Bobby did invite you to call right?