Hey Racetracks

You guys are killing the sport… There’s four tracks…Auburndale, Citrus, Desoto and Showtime… don’t schedule on top of each other… you’re screwing over race teams, fans and YOURSELVES… Tonight late models were split over the first three tracks listed above… had only one track been racing LM’s…it would have been one hell of a show and put lots and lots of butts in the stands…much easier to make those payouts…DUH…

You guys are smart enough to get put in a position of running race tracks… its about time you get your butts together and move the races (by class) around to different tracks cause right now… you don’t look very smart. AND you’re ruining a good thing… and then you wonder why your having trouble paying bills while looking at empty seats…

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I can see where you’re all messing up real bad… you look like none of you are smart enough to pour piss out of a boot when the directions are written on the heel… Sure hope you guys get it together…OSF

[QUOTE=Old Sunshine Fan;165247]You guys are killing the sport… There’s four tracks…Auburndale, Citrus, Desoto and Showtime… don’t schedule on top of each other… you’re screwing over race teams, fans and YOURSELVES… Tonight late models were split over the first three tracks listed above… had only one track been racing LM’s…it would have been one hell of a show and put lots and lots of butts in the stands…much easier to make those payouts…DUH…

You guys are smart enough to get put in a position of running race tracks… its about time you get your butts together and move the races (by class) around to different tracks cause right now… you don’t look very smart. AND you’re ruining a good thing… and then you wonder why your having trouble paying bills while looking at empty seats…

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I can see where you’re all messing up real bad… you look like none of you are smart enough to pour piss out of a boot when the directions are written on the heel… Sure hope you guys get it together…OSF[/QUOTE]

Do you think there learning curve might be a little slow.
I rember when !!! do you Bob ??

don62

[QUOTE=Old Sunshine Fan;165247]You guys are killing the sport… There’s four tracks…Auburndale, Citrus, Desoto and Showtime… don’t schedule on top of each other… you’re screwing over race teams, fans and YOURSELVES… Tonight late models were split over the first three tracks listed above… had only one track been racing LM’s…it would have been one hell of a show and put lots and lots of butts in the stands…much easier to make those payouts…DUH…

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I can see where you’re all messing up real bad… you look like none of you are smart enough to pour piss out of a boot when the directions are written on the heel… Sure hope you guys get it together…OSF[/QUOTE]

You are beating a dead horse… It’s not worth the argument anymore. It’s obvious they are too stubborn to see the truth… There are maybe 2 asphalt tracks in FL that will sustain for the next 20 years. The rest will all be gone in a matter of time. Sad, but true unless something changes. This sport as a whole is in a severe decline all across the country for the exact same reason as it is in FL. Stubborn track owners, stale product and daddy money are severely damaging it day by day.

good points. I’ve been yappin about the daddy money since the 90’s.

I’ve tried to throw all 3 aspects of Saturday night (all tracks) racing out there, and i am either ignored or hammered every time LOL.

Change

I know there is a lot involved in doing it, but if one of these tracks changed to a Friday Night show like little Lakeland use to run. They would have the market share on Central Fl pavement racing.

[QUOTE=Don Nerone;165265]Do you think there learning curve might be a little slow.
I rember when !!! do you Bob ??

don62[/QUOTE]

Yes Don, I sure do remember…I just wish they would wake up and smell the damn coffee…OSF

[QUOTE=Benny The Mule;165312]good points. I’ve been yappin about the daddy money since the 90’s.

[/QUOTE]
So racers should have income limits in order to participate???

Money brings in good equipment and cars…a bad thing???

Maybe some envy here?

Where should folks with ample means and resources race???

Should they subsidize poorer racers???

[QUOTE=Groundpounder;165316]So racers should have income limits in order to participate???

Money brings in good equipment and cars…a bad thing???

Maybe some envy here?

Where should folks with ample means and resources race???

Should they subsidize poorer racers???[/QUOTE]

The point isn’t exactly about money the way you are thinking GP. We are currently breeding a generation of unappreciative spoiled brats just in general, not even only in racing. There are 15,16,17 year old kids that sit in their rooms playing xbox while their dads work on their cars (many times super late models) for them and hand them everything on a silver platter. Now, whatever… If that’s their prerogative… Fine. But the problem I see, is these kids don’t appreciate what they have and don’t seem to take the time to understand what they have either. They get thrown into the fire expecting to be the next best thing since sliced bread, and in a lot of cases, spend a lot of money for themselves and fellow competitors. Now I am not saying this is every single kid out there… But the majority of them are like this that I have seen lately and it’s rather sad and whether you want to believe it or not, it absolutely is hurting the sport.

Now, if you want to talk money for what it is… In a number of ways that is hurting also. I am seeing $5000 pure stock and mini stock engines up here, $10000 for street stocks and $7500 for a 603 crate for the ACT late models because it has to be sealed by an approved builder… wtf is that?! Then you have some tracks across the country that require a $4000 templated body for a weekly late model division… FOR WHAT?! On most of these 3/8 mile bullrings anywhere in the country aero makes such a minute difference why are we requiring a $4000 body? REQUIRED! It’s just insane. Costs can be cut to save racers money in many areas big or small. I am an offender of overspending. I will admit it. I have over $25k in my car in a limited sportsman division. But that is what I had to do to have a top running car (now I just need a top running driver LMFAO!) I think in FL you see Sportsman as the biggest and most popular division right now because it’s the most intelligently laid out rules wise. The tire change seemed to help car counts in general across the board anywhere that ran a 750r this year in general. And then you have Showtime which has in my opinion the total package of good rules, great promoting and someone who understands how to keep people coming back.

At this point, with the state of short track racing being so fragile in general. Giving us the most we can out of what you allow us is key to the health of the sport moving forward. I have no problem with having good equipment, but there is a point where it becomes too much. This sport has to be kept reasonable because the lifeblood of it, truly is the middle class weekly racer. Without guys like us, car counts will continue to thin out because there are a lot more of us around, than there are big money racers in my eyes.

Disagree if you want. I am just calling it exactly how I see it.

I do not begrudge others their money. Whether they made it illegally, it’s Daddy’s money, they won the lottery, whatever.

Money is hard to come by, if others have it, mo power to them.

Anything else falls under “coveting”, and that there has been identified as a very bad thing.

Further, if anyone with a boatload wants to spend it on racing, more power to them as well. Hey, if it was another beach house or yacht, or a race car for me or my kid, well… and if you could spend the jack without it hurting the big picture, would you?

Yes, would be the answer. Many spend the money when it does hurt.

All that said, I understand where y’all are coming from, and agree. It “seems” wrong when cubic money beats an old pro with a welder and a big heart.

THE ANSWER IS: To write rules that limit motors, shocks, and tires. That would, to some extent, limit the advantage of big money, and let more people get in that don’t have it.

That is where the real problems lie, and, like the other horses we keep beating, the rules writers seem to be fine with things as is.

And da beat goes on…

I completely agree with Phil, except on what he spent on his car! As OS said, they only way to control it is with sensible rules. There is no reason that a weekly late model should have a $35,000 engine. The sportsman cars of today are a lot like late models of the past, and look at the car count. If people want to buy Jr. an expensive race car, let them run Xfinity or ARCA or something like that. The life of weekly short track racing is dependent upon being relatively affordable. People have said no one wants to watch low powered cars race, no one is watching now. Most tracks have a big night if they have a few hundred people. The ABC body rule is ridiculous for a short track car. All it did was help Five Star. I was scared to touch anyone when I ran my late model because I didn’t want to spend a whole week of nights getting it back in the templates. Get the costs down and car counts will go up.

Stop bashing Phil. He is very sensitive.

Trust me… I don’t agree with what I spent either :anim_pound:

The middle class built this sport and the upper class is killing it… Sounds like our government and this country lol! It just has to be kept sensible. Unless you have a big bank account, when a prospective new driver or team looks at the initial cost of getting into this sport to build a competitive car, it scares many. It scared me at first but I just kept pushing till I finished. Took 3 years but every penny is out of my own pocket and damn worth it! The initial cost is the big killer for sure but weekly expenses like tires and fuel limit participation also. There are many aspect that need to be addressed. Not just in FL, but here, and everywhere.

If I really cared about people “bashing”, do you think I would be here? lol! :waffen093:

I have come to believe that money is ruling all sports. People will my the high dollar tennis racket so they can beat their buddy in their weekly tennis match only to get beat by someone they never play against using the same type racket. A novice golfer will over spend on golf clubs thinking that they will hit the ball longer and still hit the turf longer because they are still hitting behind the ball. A bowler will buy the high dollar bowling ball for his weekly league and because it is drilled for the oil condition at that center and not wanting to practice for other centers can’t use it anywhere else. Etc,etc,etc.

“If I really cared about people “bashing”, do you think I would be here?”–Philly

Yes, I think that is why you are here, and I think you probably have a cat for the same reasons!

Absolutely.

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;165327]“If I really cared about people “bashing”, do you think I would be here?”–Philly

Yes, I think that is why you are here, and I think you probably have a cat for the same reasons![/QUOTE]

Nah, no pets. Though a cat may go well at the shop. I’ve seen a couple mice running around. Thanks for the idea!

I am reading Bobby Allison’s book, “Miracle” right now. He built his first Cup car in his back yard, and was competitive. There is no reason hobby racing cars cost so much to run. He says that in the mid 80’s is when it all started to change. Prior to that he was able to make good money racing local short tracks, but the costs kept escalating until you had to have sponsors even local stuff if you were going to make any money.

Back in the day a passenger car could become a late model or a Grand National with enough work, and a fair amount of money.

Then came tube chassis and big dollar motors.

Like a bad drug, it felt good. At first…

ps–Phil is a good sport. Name the cat “Waltrip”.

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;165338]Back in the day a passenger car could become a late model or a Grand National with enough work, and a fair amount of money.

Then came tube chassis and big dollar motors.

Like a bad drug, it felt good. At first…

ps–Phil is a good sport. Name the cat “Waltrip”.[/QUOTE]

Only if it’s Darrell Waltrip… I want it to at least accomplish something :waffen093::cool008::anim_pound: