Attention Q A&IA Pro Trucks & FASTRUCKs get ready for tech....

Install a cooler and go race. There wasn’t a 100% failure when they went to sebring. and ive seen plenty of people run autos in chumpcar

for the oil issue you could install an accusump

Rented a Darge Charger recently with an eight speed auto.

It had a manual slap shifter or some such, but there was no need. It was intuitive and was always instantly in the right gear.

Passing, downshift three speeds without a noticeable “punch”, like my turbo 400 has.

Upshift, smooth, at the correct rpm, every time. Go down a steep incline, it held it in a lower gear.

Slick. Never caught it doing anything less than perfect in 4k miles. In drive.

Still, a nice 5 speed would be great on a road coarse in a racing vehicle.

PS–Truck 84–I can see it now…“Oldschool” engraved on a cowflop.

Cody did you read the rules?

Randy I’m still awaiting your response

With all this talk about (or lack of) going to Road Races with automatics and all the shifting, you need to consider requiring Transmission Blankets (they are the automatic transmission version of a blow proof bellhousing). If you seen one blow apart, it ain’t pretty. Right down to personal injury. Serious Injury! There
are some piece inside that spins 2.5 to 3 times the Engine RPM. Doesn’t matter if it’s a Ford, G.M, or Mopar. Plus they create a tremendous amount of heat internally so a cheap oil or small cooler won’t do the job. And we didn’t even run a Converter. We get away with it on short tracks because that’s just what they are, SHORT TRACKS! And are not continually shifting. And with a 4 speed you have an a extra gear(they would pull us off the corner every time). Been there, Done that!