Prayers for my Dad

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;166160]Jimmy,

Don’t know if you are still in town, but if you are, here are a couple of things to consider:

– If there is a trophy room, perhaps see if you can take one home with you as a remembrance.

– If possible, maybe attending the Governor’s Cup would be a good thing.

Am guessing your Dad will be there watching and feeling like his old, strong, winning self![/QUOTE]Thanks. We’re heading back to Ohio tomorrow morning (Tuesday, the 10th). We’ll be back in town the week of Thanksgiving, and doing a “memorial service” on Tuesday, the 24th. We’ll miss the Governor’s Cup because of that “work” thing. As soon as get more info about Dad’s service, I’ll post it here.

Dad’s obituary and memorial service information; you all are more than welcome to come.

James Robert McKinley, (Jim), 68, of Vero Beach, Florida passed peacefully, on Friday, November 6, 2015, after a brief illness.

He was born on October 4, 1947 in Cleveland, Ohio to James H. and June (Bowhall) McKinley.

Jim moved to Florida from Ohio in 1970. He worked as a carpenter for many years and his handiwork can be found in many Vero Beach homes and buildings. When not working or spending time with family, you would find him working on his race car or at the races. To say racing was his passion would be an understatement.

He attended First Church of the Nazarene with his family and also had many friends and memories at Glendale Baptist Church.

Jim served in the U.S. Army and was a Vietnam Veteran.

He is survived by his wife of 19 years, Stacey (Clark) McKinley; his son, James K. McKinley (Kyla); his son, Scott B. McKinley (Kelly); his son, Christopher W. McKinley (Molly); his daughters, Felisha L. McKinley and Justice M. McKinley; his young sons: Tyler J. McKinley, Trevor C. McKinley and Trace M. McKinley; his sister, Bette Jane Diaz (Mike); his brother, Gerald H. McKinley (Debbie); seven grandchildren, three great-grandchildren, nieces, nephews, loving in-laws and a host of friends. He was preceded in death by his parents and his sister, Patricia L. Prestridge.

There will be a Memorial Reception on Tuesday, November 24, 2015, at Glendale Christian School, 790 ? 27th Avenue, Vero Beach, Florida, between 6 and 8 p.m.

In lieu of flowers, Glendale Christian School/Glendale Baptist Church, is accepting donations to assist the family. Please designate, ?Love for the McKinley?s?.

Jimmy, sorry for your loss. Just read your Dad’s obit. He was a few months older then me, I am from Ohio also and moved here in 1972. Worked as a carpenter for awhile and had a race car. However, the thing that bonds me the most with your Dad would be that we are both Vietnam Vets, Army 68-69. I would have loved to have met him and had been able to say to him “Welcome Home Brother.” On November 6th someone else Greater then All of Us said to him “Welcome Home.”
A side (sad) note and I have mention this before. Over 2,700,000 served in Vietnam and already 2/3s of us are gone. I thank your Dad for his Service.