Posted for Ricky Brooks Auburndale

[B]Friday, November 6
2:00 Pits open
5:00 Open Practice Rotating
8:00 Pit Party (Band with free beer,hotdogs and hamburgers)
10:00 Track Closes

Saturday, November 7
12:00 Pits Open
12:15 Tech Opens (Must Tech before practice)
1:00 Late Model Practice Only Begins
2:00 Late Model Practice Only Ends
2:15 Late Model Drivers Meeting
2:30 Rotation Practice Begins All classes
4:45 Practice ends for all classes
5:00 Officials Meeting at the Tech Building
5:15 Local Drivers Meeting
Late Model Tires Released and Cars to Qualifying Tech by 6:15 in order.
5:30 Qualifying Local divisions
Order(mod mini,mini stock,scrambers,v-8 bombers,mini cup,sportsman)
7:00 Racing Begins
Sunoco 100 Qualifying

Features
Mod Mini 25 Laps
Mini Stock 25 Laps
Scramblers 25 Laps
V-8 Bombers 25 Laps

Sunday, November 8
10:00 Pits Open
12:00 Latemodel tire release cars to Tech and impound by 1:15 or start in the rear.
1:30 Drivers Meeting all classes or start in the rear.
2:00 Racing Begins

Features (Complete invert from Saturday night finish)
Mini Cup 20 Laps
Sportsman 50 Laps $1000.00 to win
V-8 Bombers 25 Laps
Mini Stock 25 Laps
Scramblers 25 Laps

Intermission (Sunoco 100 Autograph Session)

Sunoco 100 100 Laps
[/B]

Sunday Racing

Is there any practice on Sunday for all classes including LM?
Can LM’s that raced somewhere on Saturday night come and
start in the rear for this race?

There might be a short practice sunday but not sure yet and yes cars that show up sunday only can race just start in the rear.

Sat night–is there a Sportsman race, or only qualifying laps?

Qualifying only and race sunday

Sure does make for an expensive weekend! $30 a person just to qualify!

sportsman race

Is there an entry fee? What does this race pay to start?

Superlate and sportsman only practice Sunday from 11 to 12.

Any word on the car count and qualifying results for today’s race?

Late models 30,42,5
Sportsmans 28,56 and think 157 sportsman race was a lot better than the late model race!!

Late models are a waste these days. 12-14 car fields for $3000 to win just ain’t gonna cut it. Better to shuffle that money to the Sportsmans.

Agreed.

Figure out how to de-tune the late models to run with the Sportsman, and call the Sportsman cars “Late Model Sportsman”.

When the Sportsman cars hit the track, I asked the person with me what class of cars they were.

The instant answer: “Late Models”.

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;166136]Agreed.

Figure out how to de-tune the late models to run with the Sportsman, and call the Sportsman cars “Late Model Sportsman”.

When the Sportsman cars hit the track, I asked the person with me what class of cars they were.

The instant answer: “Late Models”.[/QUOTE]

Why de-tune the supers to run with the sportsman? If we wanted to run with the sportsmen we would have built them and saved a truck load of money. The pro lates and the sportsman class are more compatible with each other.

Between the supers and sportsmans, two totally different classes in both the chassis and the engines, nevermind the body styles.

As I have said before, if you run the supers less more cars will show up to the tracks, running them every weekend is time consuming and expensive.

Exactly. A track or 2 needs to give up the late model idea and focus on Sportsmans. Not to mention with less tracks running them, you can lower the Super late model purses instead of the game they are playing now. $1,500 to win and a better through the field spread is more realistic.

“Why de-tune the supers to run with the sportsman? If we wanted to run with the sportsmen we would have built them and saved a truck load of money.”–Exner

You answered your own question: To save a truck load of money.

To be sure, I highly respect the folks that make the $acrifice to run a late model, and love to see and hear them run. Drove all weekend to watch the late models–twice.

But I believe it is going to take care of itself–the track owners are going to move to sportsman for relatively guaranteed high car count and lower purses, and the high dollar SLM is going to largely go away.

Back in the day, 30’s model sportsman 6 cylinder cars went to V8s (like my avatar). They called them modifieds. Then they let special built tube frame bobtail modifieds run–essentially sprint cars. Then all the old cars got parked. Then the class died for decades due to expense and lack of cars. Now, save for an economy class of these cars at East Bay (I think), they are extinct.

Sell it now, build a winning Sportsman, take a nice vacation and/or pay down the mortgage with the change…

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;166164]“Why de-tune the supers to run with the sportsman? If we wanted to run with the sportsmen we would have built them and saved a truck load of money.”–Exner

You answered your own question: To save a truck load of money.

To be sure, I highly respect the folks that make the $acrifice to run a late model, and love to see and hear them run. Drove all weekend to watch the late models–twice.

But I believe it is going to take care of itself–the track owners are going to move to sportsman for relatively guaranteed high car count and lower purses, and the high dollar SLM is going to largely go away.

Back in the day, 30’s model sportsman 6 cylinder cars went to V8s (like my avatar). They called them modifieds. Then they let special built tube frame bobtail modifieds run–essentially sprint cars. Then all the old cars got parked. Then the class died for decades due to expense and lack of cars. Now, save for an economy class of these cars at East Bay (I think), they are extinct.

Sell it now, build a winning Sportsman, take a nice vacation and/or pay down the mortgage with the change…[/QUOTE]

First, why do you care how WE spend OUR money? No one is forced to buy or build a super, we choose to. If people want to save money, well, racing is definitely not for you. As far as the track owners getting the sportsman for the high car counts… how many were at Auburndale? The supers will never go away, say all you like but them and the mods bring in the crowds.

Second, you guys have to get rid of this mentality of “Back in the day” Yes, 30 years ago racing was big, but times have changed, car counts are smaller, crowds in the stands are smaller and every cost of racing has just about doubled if not tripled in some cases.

It will not be like it was “Back in the day” for some time if ever again.

Ex,

For sure, how you spend your money is 100% your business.

And further, my point is admittedly selfish. I like big fields and close racing.

Perhaps you are well funded and so the expense is a non issue. If so, seriously, more power to you.

But, in all classes and for all time there are the JD McDuffies, folks that are in over their heads and the kids need new shoes, but they are trying to borrow money for a new shock or etc. It is still their business. But if the overall costs are less, maybe there will be more heros and less broken hearts.

Regarding “back in the day”: It is possible, and the Sportsman class proves it.

Again, though, am not trying to disrespect you or your peers, sir.

ps–re: car count–Imagine all Sportsman, Pro lates, SLM, etc, on the track at one time.

More accurately, all the money used to field those cars on the track at one time. And since the Sportsman guys cannot spend more…

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;166168]Ex,

For sure, how you spend your money is 100% your business.

And further, my point is admittedly selfish. I like big fields and close racing.

Perhaps you are well funded and so the expense is a non issue. If so, seriously, more power to you.

But, in all classes and for all time there are the JD McDuffies, folks that are in over their heads and the kids need new shoes, but they are trying to borrow money for a new shock or etc. It is still their business. But if the overall costs are less, maybe there will be more heros and less broken hearts.

Regarding “back in the day”: It is possible, and the Sportsman class proves it.

Again, though, am not trying to disrespect you or your peers, sir.[/QUOTE]

It is all good OS no disrespect taken,

Just get tired of hearing, well lets slow these guys down and have them run with this class… it gets old after a while.

The only time you will see big fields is for a big race, what weekly show has had more than 20 cars in it at any track recently?

I still stand behind my statement, there is too much racing going on and the money is not there to support a big field of cars every week, race less and have bigger fields. It does not matter what class you race in it costs money.

[QUOTE=exnyer;166171]It is all good OS no disrespect taken,

Just get tired of hearing, well lets slow these guys down and have them run with this class… it gets old after a while.

The only time you will see big fields is for a big race, what weekly show has had more than 20 cars in it at any track recently?

I still stand behind my statement, there is too much racing going on and the money is not there to support a big field of cars every week, race less and have bigger fields. It does not matter what class you race in it costs money.[/QUOTE]

Umm, Showtime every week? Not too sure Ex is even on a Super team. He never seems to want to mention it. And OS, you really think Ex knows who J.D. McDuffie is?