NASCAR racing

Just can’t get into watching people 50 years younger then me race.

I haven’t watched anything NASCAR all week. I just have no interest anymore. Between boring racing, 20 minute green periods, and the ridiculous point system, they have pretty much lost me unless I literally have nothing else to do.

What does age have to do with it? Kids start racing younger than 5 years old in karts and quarter midget and have some serious skill behind the wheel

You can really appreciate someone’s driving ability because it takes fast reflexes, good decision making, and grit. I don’t think that just because you’re really old and someone driving is really young that you shouldn’t be able to appreciate their skills?

[QUOTE=jbonez21;168322]What does age have to do with it? Kids start racing younger than 5 years old in karts and quarter midget and have some serious skill behind the wheel

You can really appreciate someone’s driving ability because it takes fast reflexes, good decision making, and grit. I don’t think that just because you’re really old and someone driving is really young that you shouldn’t be able to appreciate their skills?[/QUOTE]

not saying they do not have skills but really young drivers will not have had to work for it (hey dad i need a new car)

That’s been going on for the past 20 years nothing new tho? :slight_smile:

Exactly the same for me. I may watch some of the 500 tomorrow, but I’ve totally lost interest in Nascar.

and racing has been going down hill for 20 yrs

Exactly! So we’re either late to the party here or beating a dead horse :huepfen024:

past 20

new breed of Helmet toters

Most boring crap ever. Can someone text me when there’s 10 laps to go? zzzzzzzzzzz…

[QUOTE=62minikrew;168324]not saying they do not have skills but really young drivers will not have had to work for it (hey dad i need a new car)[/QUOTE]Even after Hamlin won the race, Chris Meyers stated that “Denny Hamlin’s parents had to mortgage their house to get enough money to keep Denny’s (Late Model) racing career going” back in the mid to late '90s. I lived in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia when Hamlin was racing at Southside (Richmond) and Southampton, and he wasn’t really all that impressive back then.

Dale Junior was the same way; when he was running Late Model Stocks, with Kerry and Kelley, he was a 12th-place car at best. Kelley was the racer in the next generation of the Earnhardt family; she even won a few features at Hickory.