Phil Jaques

I must say, it was pretty bad ass to log on here this morning and see that Rick put my heat race “win” video from 5/18 on as the header video. The 75 was disqualified for rough driving. I did block him a bit so I probably deserved it a little but hey, we race for points even in the heat race up here so I had to do all I could to get max points!

Story of the week!

Haha Thanks man! I am sure there are much bigger stories in FL racing this week, than me… I’m still quite taken back by the response I have received but really, in the grand scheme of things I am just another racer getting his first win randomly in the country lol

So when are you towing down to run at Showtime?

Am thinking load the car up on Autotrain (!), fly down and figure out a trailer from someone you know to go get it when it arrives.

About half joking…but the other half…!

ps–I will be glad to help work on the car. Patrick Thomas has about got me trained on the BFH!

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;170221]So when are you towing down to run at Showtime?

Am thinking load the car up on Autotrain (!), flying down and figuring out a trailer from someone you know to go get it when it arrives.

About half joking…but the other half…!

ps–I will be glad to help work on the car. Patrick Thomas has about got me trained on the BFH![/QUOTE]

We actually talked about potentially towing down for a race at some point in the future. My crew chief really wants to find a way to run the Snowball Derby. We would fit in pretty good with the Sportsman class for that event. Truthfully though, I am not sure that unless I hit the lottery and get a better truck and trailer, that can ever happen. I tow with an 03 1500 with 4.8 V8 and a 16’ open trailer. Truck has 230k miles on it and probably is going to need a transmission before too long lol

DILLIGAF lol

Indeed. Hence, de train, boss, de train…

ps–not a bad rig at all.

http://showtimespeedway.us/rules/street-stocks/

I was disqualified at the roof rule OS… We run a full fiberglass roof and upper quarter extensions. I also have an aluminum trunk, body does not meet minimum ride height, I have aftermarket pedals and masters with a bias adjuster, and that’s just on a brief browse.

I see. A shame.

Henceforth, why stop at intra-florida uniform rules and not go for inter-state/ interstellar uniform rules?

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;170226]I see. A shame.

Henceforth, why stop at intra-florida uniform rules and not go for inter-state/ interstellar uniform rules?[/QUOTE]

I could see NASCAR instituting a rules package for every track to be similar, however that could cause MAJOR problems. In FL, you guys are generally pretty close track to track in most divisions. Up here, we have Waterford and Thompson running IDENTICAL rules packages, and then for the most part except for SK modifieds and ACT Late Models, everyone else is all over the map. I assume it’s similar elsewhere too. It would just cost way too much money at this point. Would have been something to do back in the 70s and 80s. Not now. It would bury half of the cars imo as much as I would love to see identical rules all over to help travel because imo, a lot of the reason some of the more “different” tracks struggle is because of just that, being so different the car is only good at one place. Me, personally, and I honestly can speak for many others. I want to know that I can go race multiple places with very minimal or no changes. Makes me feel like I am getting more of a return on my investment.

Yep, yep, yep.

Hopefully groups of tracks will someday migrate closer together, and then the groups get closer together, and so forth.

In the meantime, Yoho is a reasonable man :anim_pound:. I am sure you could work something out. I am thinking 4-500 lbs of ballast…

And there is always the “Outlaw Figure 8” class.

On second thought, better leave it on your trailer right where it is.

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;170208]"[The Sunoco/Renegade] post has to get some kind of award !!! "–EZ

Thank you. Anything but a participation award…

And thank you for letting us all know you “got” the humor! :light:[/QUOTE]

Phil already got his award, a fairly long thread of nothing but compliments and congratulations. That seems to be a difficult thing to do on KARNAC.

I can’t help Phil on the 93 octane, other than recommending Shell 93. It’s the 93 octane that most engine builders claim makes the best power.

If you want to step up to a Crate Motor specific race fuel, Renegade makes several. And there are Renegade dealers in CT. !

[QUOTE=Renegade Racing Fuels;170229]Phil already got his award, a fairly long thread of nothing but compliments and congratulations. That seems to be a difficult thing to do on KARNAC.

I can’t help Phil on the 93 octane, other than recommending Shell 93. It’s the 93 octane that most engine builders claim makes the best power.

If you want to step up to a Crate Motor specific race fuel, Renegade makes several. And there are Renegade dealers in CT. ![/QUOTE]

Our tech guys test fuel regularly up here. We are allowed Sunoco 98 and Sunoco/Pump 93 only. No additives etc. I started the year on 98 and we went to 93 just last race. I don’t tempt fate with our tech staff up here. They are all about the same standard as Ricky Brooks. They are tough and don’t care who you are. I play by the rules only.

Renegade, yes I am shocked by this thread too in a way, but at the same time, there are good people on this forum. We just may not always agree on the same theory’s of how it works. But that doesn’t make a single one of the people on this forum a bad person.

Do we think that part of the kumbaya thing:natur008:is because the thread is about Phil…?

(juuuuuuuuuus’ kidding)

Renegade Racing Fuels is proud to be associated with Finney Racing Enterprises as well, they’ve been a race fuel dealer for us for years.

We have a lot of people on here who talk the talk but when of one us walks the walk they deserve the recognition…BTW sounded like it was a little tight in the center of the turns…

Much appreciated Rick. My team and I work extremely hard. 7 races in and got my first win in the brand new car and division at one of the toughest tracks and against some of the best drivers around. I’m extremely proud of my crew and thankful for all their efforts. They sure make me look good lol

The video you posted was the qual race from 2 races ago. She was definitely tight in snap loose out. We have since made major adjustments.