New Smryna 8/27/16

Old school

Now as far as start up money goes you are talking about a horse of an entirely different color. Now the powerball part really might come into play. It would in the least take someone who is very well known in the local business community that people would put faith in that person to be willing to invest in that person as much as the track itself. But I see a disconnect between how dirt tracks largely go about things nowadays and how the blacktop tracks go about things. I go into pretty much any dirt track and see just about the entire racetrack surrounded by billboards and banners from both local and national chain businesses. I go to a blacktop track and see barely a half dozen or so.Why?Are the dirt tracks giving away free advertising space or are they working harder at gaining business sponsorship? Those billboards and banners are revenue. Programs are revenue. A lot of things are but I don’t believe they are being taken full advantage of by blacktop track owners.Every butt you put in a seat is going to be some sort of revenue regardless of how you drag them in.I can’t see very many people who would start up a business that only operates fifty or so days out of the year and think that could possibly fly very long.There has to be revenue coming in from other sources somewhere somehow or you at least better be damn good at what my dad used to call “creative bookkeeping.”

Richard Childress is famous for saying, “I can’t afford for NASCAR to save me any more money.” Meaning every rule change costs’ a racer money…every time. STOP IT!

I am all about saving the racers money, making the tracks more money, and increasing car count to improve the show for the fans.

That said, to recap this multipurpose thread:

>There is, and has been, a crate motor in the #111.

>The tracks make the rules, and vortec heads are legal.

>It’s official, Citrus is open and Speedworld is closed.

>Brad and Patrick were feature winners @NSS 8/27.

Peace out.

Wait, we haven’t heard RB answer my question.