11. 11H Casey Hall

Mini Stock Feature Match Race - 15 laps

1. 55 Andrew Hall
  2. 2 Noah Souza

Pure Stock Figure 8 Feature - 15 laps

1. 45 James Johnston
  2. 01 Shannon Lengell
  3. 75 Mike Gilkerson III

Great rebound to finish 4th by Aaron Williamson after an extremely questionable call made against him for “sparking” while leading… :dry:

It is important that it be made clear that the call to bring the #67 car of Aaron Williamson to the pits, while he was leading the 50 lap feature race, was made by Wheel Man Racing Series officials and not those of Citrus County Speedway.

Any questions or feelings about the call should be directed to the Wheel Man Racing Series. They have a Facebook page and a 100% response rating.

[QUOTE=John Berti;174441]It is important that it be made clear that the call to bring the #67 car of Aaron Williamson to the pits, while he was leading the 50 lap feature race, was made by Wheel Man Racing Series officials and not those of Citrus County Speedway.

Any questions or feelings about the call should be directed to the Wheel Man Racing Series. They have a Facebook page and a 100% response rating.[/QUOTE]

That doesn’t make it any less of a completely bs call in my eyes. If things were visibly falling off the 67, that’s one thing. He was penalized for throwing up sparks from bottoming out some part of the car. If there was a real concern, the true way to address it, like 90% of short tracks in america do, is at the next caution, stop him on track and have an official take a look under the car to see if anything is dragging. If there is, he has to go to pit to fix it, if there isn’t he can rejoin the field where he was previously positioned. Poor procedure, poor call. I think they are just looking for any way to keep him from dominating every race right now. He passes tech, so they find any other reason they can.

You are persisting to bark up the wrong tree Phil. Your beef is not with Citrus County Speedway, but with the Wheel Man Sportsman Series as it was their officials who made the call.

I am an employee of Citrus County Speedway. I announce the races, put the results on here as soon as I am able, and help with promoting. The only thing the Citrus County Speedway did was to provide the venue for the series race.

Once again I urge you to contact the Wheel Man Sportsman Series to express your concerns and have your questions answered.

The call to bring Aaron in might simply have been in aid of safety. It’s often difficult to see what’s causing sparking from under a race car, and for drivers following that car, things could turn very ugly very fast if something heavy comes flying out from under the car. So an abundance of caution isn’t a bad thing.
I’m not sure what the problem turned out to be, but i think bringing him in was a good idea. Throwing a caution to bring him in would give an advantage or disadvantage to every other car in the field, so that might have turned out to be a hot topic of discussion too. And waiting for a caution before inspecting the car could have proven to be dangerous.
I can’t imagine that the Wheelman Series is trying to prevent Aaron from winning. He’s a very popular and talented driver who is a part of the growth of the series.

The 67 car was checked a few times under cautions and was able to keep his spot and then someone from wheelman series directed him to pits to fix the issue under caution and the race was held for him to return and problem was fixed. This is a great series and is growing! The wheelman series probably asked the car to pit under caution to fix the problem and was trying to save the new asphalt racing surface!

Food Fer Thought

Ever noticed a job description? They read something like this:

>Typing
>Collating
>Shovelling Poo

or whatever…

But the bottom line is always “And Other Duties as Assigned”.

Seems to me most racing rules are like that. “And Other Judgment Calls as Assigned”.

Back in the day when I was edumacated, I was taught to use the "three ‘Cs’ " when putting a paper together. They were:

>Be Clear
>Be Concise (short and to the point)
>Be Consistent

They weren’t bad guidelines, and I have found all kinds of uses for them.