We all missed the boat

While I sit here today bored to tears and going another Saturday night with no racing,I have been checking in on the Short Track Nationals at Bristol on Speed51. They had over 300 cars turnout for six divisions of racing.Florida is represented by Daniel Webster, Steven Naase,John Coffman and Jeff Firestine in the Superlates.Doug Moff,Don Skaggs and LB Skaggs are also present in their open wheel mods and Jason Vail in a Pro late.They tore up several cars in practice yesterday and this morning as the highbanks haven’t been kind to the Saturday night specials.If they hold this deal next year how about a Karnac road trip? And some of these top flight super late and mod and street stock teams need to seriously consider attending if it happens again. In fact their home track needs to challenge them to do so.

Looks like LB Skaggs got 3rd. That’s a great finish. Moff got crashed out while running 4th. Bookmiller was involved in a wreck as well. Looks like only 15 of the 36 cars finished the race.

I haven’t caught up with it in the last hour or so but that’s a shame for Moff.He had been in the top five in practice both days.My old home state of Ohio was well represented particularly in the modifieds.Chad Poole and Kyle Purvis had practiced up at the top of the board but Purvis turned a bad lap in qualifying and was set to roll off fifteenth. Ethan Mullett,Gary Zink,Andy Shutts,Jamie Sites,and brothers Bob Sibila Jr. and Rick Sibila were all in the modified fields with Rick Sibila taking home a C main earlier today.Travis Braden and Brandon Oakley were there in Pro lates with Braden also competing in Superlates.Josh Sage represented in Street Stocks and Bo Hoelscher and Bill Honius from Dayton Ohio attending in Mini Stocks.But as with the Florida race teams the best of the best didn’t attend.Next year that needs to change if anybody is serious about getting on a bigger stage.

I just checked back in with Speed51s coverage and congrats to LB Skaggs on his podium finish.Congrats also to Springfield Ohio’s Chad Poole for taking home the win.Poole is the son of many time Kil Kare and Shady Bowl Speedway (Ohio) hobby stock and semi late model champion Carl Poole.Tyler Nuckles son of former Columbus Motor Speedway co promoter Jerry Nuckles had his modified destroyed in the accident that took out Bookmiller and Purvis also.Congrats to Bo Hoelscher for winning the mini stock A main also.

We didn’t ALL miss the boat.

I went.
It was a crashfest.
It rained some.
There were some nice race cars there.
It was a long drive home when the last race was over at 12:30 Monday morning.

Ozmo

All of us but you OJ.How much did a general admission ticket cost anyway? I really hadn’t heard a lot pre- race about what it cost,or how much any of the races paid to win but just reading the trackside now coverage showed pictures of a lot of torn up cars for sure.If this event happens again next year I intend to go.

Me too…

[QUOTE=Osmosis Jones;174783]I went.
It was a crashfest.
It rained some.
There were some nice race cars there.
It was a long drive home when the last race was over at 12:30 Monday morning.

Ozmo[/QUOTE]
We were there the whole 3 days also…
Ditto on the crash fest, especially the OWM race.
Glad I left mine safe on jack stands…
Great racing though…
-Ge Um-